2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Yang_HR.gif

ells.gif

ha-ha, that's a good one

nova wasn't hurt, girardi just using some strategy there. he ain't have anyone warm ...

I disagree with this.

He does what any weak 3, solid 4 does. Inconsistency.

Bro you just agreed with me that he's not very good :lol:

That's not saying he's not good. It's putting him in context. You're expecting him to be an Ace every start, when that's not him.

Nova has stretches where he pitches out of this world.

Not good would be Phil Hughes.

Last edited:
And gives me reason to bring back Wade with the Knuckleball.

Wade has it all :pimp:

188r7uyq7hnqqgif.gif

Last edited:
Ivan Nova is headed to the DL with a partial tear of his ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. :smh:

Ivan Nova is headed to the DL with a partial tear of his ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. :smh:

Really sucks :smh:

A few things:

1. Our simple lack of interest in bullpen arms is coming back to bite us in the ***. Cashman really mucked bullpen pitching up. Either Phelps or Warren will now have to go into the rotation, and mack us even more short armed. Despite both of them being terrible in the pen.
2. Will drive down Nova's price in Free Agency.
3. I hope it forces Cashman to go after a big name Starter in Free Agency in the next offseason. Move Nova to the back of the rotation at # 5. I'm begging him to not think Phelps in the rotation as well as Nova is a great idea. Even if he thinks Tanaka & Pineda are #2 & #3 which from all indication they are. Save them for a year, and go after a 1 or 2. That way you give them a little bit more time, and can even drop C.C. down, to move Tanaka or Pineda up.

Last edited:
What they do next year depends a lot on the rotation this year. If Tanaka and Pineda continue to excel then I think Cash with make them the #1 and #2 starters with CC being #3 or maybe even being a 2 swapping with Pineda. Depending on how bad Nova's elbow is, he may need Tommy John so he'd be gone for this season and some of next. But if he doesn't need surgery or is back you can put him in at #4 or 5. And they fill out the rotation with Banuelos, Phelps, Warren, or a free agent workhorse pitcher like Kendrick who doesn't get hurt and gives you a lot of innings.

What they do next year depends a lot on the rotation this year. If Tanaka and Pineda continue to excel then I think Cash with make them the #1 and #2 starters with CC being #3 or maybe even being a 2 swapping with Pineda. Depending on how bad Nova's elbow is, he may need Tommy John so he'd be gone for this season and some of next. But if he doesn't need surgery or is back you can put him in at #4 or 5. And they fill out the rotation with Banuelos, Phelps, Warren, or a free agent workhorse pitcher like Kendrick who doesn't get hurt and gives you a lot of innings.

I don't think they take # 1 from C.C. Nor do they need to. It really makes no difference as a team where you are. But it does to the player.

I think it's a huge mistake trying to rely on any of the other guys in the farm system.

We basically punt every season that we rely too heavily on our farm system because it is not there.

It isn't even about First Round Picks. We just are horrendous drafters. We suck at evaluating college and minor league talent. That translate into us having a bunch of guys who are not MLB caliber pitchers, hitters, fielders, etc.

Brett Gardner & David Robertson are the only two guys that we've drafted in the past 10 years that have a meaningful spot on the roster.

After that you have Dellin Betances, David Phelps & Adam Warren.

It's a trash heap, and continues to be a trash heap in our minor league system. They need to buy themselves 4 years, and re-concentrate on the farm system, don't worry about bringing anyone up except for Sanchez in a few years.

Last edited:
Cliff Lee will finally be a Yankee by the trade deadline
I hope that's true cause it would mean the Phils finally realized what all of the fans did 2 years ago. But Amaro is gonna want everything in the farm the Yankees have including Sanchez and still want them to take on Ryan Howard's contract. 

Cliff Lee will finally be a Yankee by the trade deadline

I hope that's true cause it would mean the Phils finally realized what all of the fans did 2 years ago. But Amaro is gonna want everything in the farm the Yankees have including Sanchez and still want them to take on Ryan Howard's contract. 

If he wanted someone to take Howard's contract on top of Lee's... He has very little negotiation power.

But even without much power, you're right. He'll want the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom