2014 NFL Draft Thread

I have pretty much no faith in Jacksonville, but damn, after Bortles, they've had a damn nice draft. Stashing Colvin, Kelvin Smith, Linder, Lee Robinson????? God damn. This the best Jax draft I've probably ever seen.

[COLOR=#red]Exactly my point... and know what they didn't do? Reach for popular picks. They were smart and drafted the way they wanted to, not by pressure. I've enjoyed seeing their draft play out.[/COLOR]

All these 7th round junk picks and the Vikings probably won't take a flier on Skov. Makes no sense.

I have pretty much no faith in Jacksonville, but damn, after Bortles, they've had a damn nice draft. Stashing Colvin, Kelvin Smith, Linder, Lee Robinson????? God damn. This the best Jax draft I've probably ever seen.

Have faith in Gus then.

[COLOR=#red]Exactly my point... and know what they didn't do? Reach for popular picks. They were smart and drafted the way they wanted to, not by pressure. I've enjoyed seeing their draft play out.[/COLOR]

I think bortles was a huge reach

Every team had a great to decent draft this year 
pimp.gif

Cant think of any team that had a bad draft 
laugh.gif

Which is why I said after Bortles. I think that was terrible.

But with how they finished, maybe he has a chance now. Iono.

corner from Vanderbilt
defensive end from Alabama
full back from Auburn
tail back from LSU
defensive end from South Carolina

Texans :pimp:

[COLOR=#red]Storm going to the Jags... Great pickup for them. Solid Solid draft. [/COLOR]

Better than the dolphins?
[COLOR=#red]
I think it's different... but off of bare bones comparison I would say yes.

They have their franchise QB in their minds.
Lee and Robinson were first round graded players.
They brought in some protection for said QB.
They have a GOOD corner who, when healthy, will be nice.
And then coming back and picking up Storm and Telvin... I like their draft.

The Dolphins first 3 rounds I loved.
Aikens and Lynch are head scratchers to me, I see WHY... Aikens is a big/tall receiver. Lynch is that big blocker at TE they don't really have.
Also coming back to get ANOTHER receiver, just another head scratcher.
If nothing else they are giving Tanny more weapons and giving the core depth.[/COLOR]

Which is why I said after Bortles. I think that was terrible.

But with how they finished, maybe he has a chance now. Iono.
[COLOR=#red]
He's been projected top 8 since his name came up months ago. Would I have wanted him for the Dolphins in the same situation, no.
But they fell in love with him and took the prototype QB they wanted. They said he will sit a year, I give it 8-10 games before he is in there.
I have no problem for a team picking top 3 to take a their franchise QB. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how popular jacksonville draft would be if they drafted johnny #3 and carried on the rest of the draft the same

I'm giving the Texans a B+. 3 of the first 4 picks are instant starts, and CJ Fedoragjfdvjgd will get solid playing time. I'm sure pagan will get snaps. Got a starting full back, and blue should get a lot of carries to keep Arian Foster fresh. Don't know anything about dre Hal.

Outside of savage, I'm very satisfied

Back
Top Bottom