2014 NIKE FREE 5.0 & FLYKNIT FREE 4/1/14

nice pick up man, expecting the same combo in later today!
sweet!
pimp.gif

i did a brief scroll through this thread and it seems like it's mostly 4.0 flyknit talk.

Any reviews on the free 5.0? I ordered a pair off of finishline for my mom since she needed new running shoes but after i ordered, i searched some reviews online and they seem to be mixed

anyone here have 1st hand experience with them?

Wish the DC women's colorway came in larger sizes 
tired.gif
  they look amazing.

Loving my MCs
smokin.gif
  I really happy like the black and multicolor contrast from lateral to medial side, versus multi all over.  I'd like to see a pair with the reverse combo -- like the Kobe 9 masterpiece (mostly black lateral, multicolor medial)

Though I have the blk/mc pair already from 5/1, I find myself liking this all grey, MC and black midsole speckled iD... 

image via SN

Anyone with experience on the flyknit lunar 1 and flyknit 4.0 free can comment on sizing? Do they fit similar to the lunar 1?

Anyone with experience on the flyknit lunar 1 and flyknit 4.0 free can comment on sizing? Do they fit similar to the lunar 1?
I went with size 10 for both the L1 and FreeFlyknit 4.0. I do like some space on the toebox for running. I can get away with a 9.5 for casual wear. I believe the knit stretches a bit to so a 9.5 would be a snug'ish fit for me. I like the fit of 9.5 for Racers though. lastly, I wear a size 10 on Trainers too. hope this helped..
wink.gif

I own both.  Would go up .5 size on the frees for casual use.  If you plan to run in them and like the snug fit, go w/ the same size as the lunars.

I own both.  Would go up .5 size on the frees for casual use.  If you plan to run in them and like the snug fit, go w/ the same size as the lunars.
I'm around a 7.5. I have the Flyknit Lunar 1's in a 7.5 but they stretched a little after I wore them. I wish I had sized down. I think I'll try 7 with the Free's.

the 4.0s are definitely TTS. Bought the free flyknit last years and the 9.5 was perfect for me. but the 9.5 4.0 here are too big. Going to return them and get a 9.

does anybody know how the flyknit racers fit? 

nike only had a 9.5 so i went with that and not a 9. So i grabbed the 9.5

Last edited:
UnDS the mc pair yesterday and found them to be quite comfortable. No runs planned with them but I'll probably wear them for next gym session.

Got a pair if the MC's . Waaaaaayyyyyy better than last years flyknit frees. That sock like elastic band they had became painful after an hour of wear. These are perfect

Got a pair if the MC's . Waaaaaayyyyyy better than last years flyknit frees. That sock like elastic band they had became painful after an hour of wear. These are perfect
still one flaw though as the heel area still looks like it'll collapse overtime. messes up the look of the shoe.

still one flaw though as the heel area still looks like it'll collapse overtime. messes up the look of the shoe.
Kinda. They left that area open again but when you run it's actually better than having padding because the padding makes you heel kinda slip. IMO the free 2's (the one with the spider web side or whatever) are the best running shoes I've ever had.

Kinda. They left that area open again but when you run it's actually better than having padding because the padding makes you heel kinda slip. IMO the free 2's (the one with the spider web side or whatever) are the best running shoes I've ever had.
I just wished there was more structure there like the Racer/Trainer/Lunar1&2 so it doesn't mess up the shape of the shoe overtime.

I just wished there was more structure there like the Racer/Trainer/Lunar1&2 so it doesn't mess up the shape of the shoe overtime.

Yeah, IMO these shoes aren't made for the long haul. More like 5-6 months of wear, need a new pair, and repeat. All depending on use of course

Yeah, IMO these shoes aren't made for the long haul. More like 5-6 months of wear, need a new pair, and repeat. All depending on use of course
LoL. Nike and their tricks...
mean.gif

glad I'm not really a barefoot soles runner. I prefer more cushion as the "Free" sole is not good for my plantar fascittis. LoL my mc pair will most likely be for casual wear and gym wear. I cannot pass up on the mc pattern.
glasses.gif

What is the exact setup in id to get the exact same colors? I'm not particularly sure about which grey
@brokeassp  it looks to be wolf grey all over (except for the MC upper of course and black or dark grey speckles).  My reasoning is that the only outsole option that's grey is wolf grey, and the other grey portions (swoosh, laces, midsole topline) appear to be that same exact grey.  Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom