2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

He didn't take **** back to Sacramento 
laugh.gif
Lol Somehow, having a great attitude and all of that is just easier when you're beating everyone by 40 and you're surrounded by all stars. 

Rationale is a rare thing in here.

Michael Redd and Carlos Boozer won a gold medal in 2008 playing 6 minute per game.

You dudes hate Kobe so much that you seriously are trying to convince yourselves and others that Kobe Bryant, claiming that type of role, is somehow detrimental to the gold medal chances and/or "unfair" to someone else who would have played a total of 30 minutes in the entire tournament.
thank god we have you to be the voice of reason. 

Last edited:

He didn't take **** back to Sacramento 
laugh.gif
exactly. it's easy to do/act well when your surrounded by superstars but when your team starts struggling and your the leader is a true testament to this idiot's character. he has none. hes a big ***** 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

But bro, a lot of those guys on that pool who would be the 12th man in place of Kobe won't have the opportunity to get a gold medal in 2020. That's a pretty remarkable accomplishment to have when your career is set and done.

Like I said, I understand it, and depending on how you view / construct the argument it is fair for Kobe to be on the team. All I'm saying is that, that 12th spot means something pretty significant. You can't just up and walk on team USA and get a gold medal.

But bro, a lot of those guys on that pool who would be the 12th man in place of Kobe won't have the opportunity to get a gold medal in 2020. That's a pretty remarkable accomplishment to have when your career is set and done.

Like I said, I understand it, and depending on how you view / construct the argument it is fair for Kobe to be on the team. All I'm saying is that, that 12th spot means something pretty significant. You can't just up and walk on team USA and get a gold medal.
i was being sarcastic. 

. kobe doesnt belong on the team. how many medals has he won. i would understand if he had never won one and he wanted it because of that  but nah..... 

You can‘t just through big names together. You have to find tge right combination of guys. Yes, the pool always look good, as they do in video games, but in reality, you have to pick something that works.

I can understand how players feel snubbed or catch feelies when they don‘t make the cut, but it‘s just part of the competition.

Can‘t assume Kobe will do what Kidd did for Team Usa. More likely than not, he won‘t.

i was being sarcastic. 

. kobe doesnt belong on the team. how many medals has he won. i would understand if he had never won one and he wanted it because of that  but nah..... 
Oh lol my bad.

I think since 2008, all the best players want to play in the olympics now, making roster spots a bit harder to come by. To give that to someone who obviously isn't deserving from a purely basketball standpoint, is just...idk.

It's such a prestigious honor to get a gold medal, to give that honor to someone who already has two, and isn't really deserving of the spot on the team is just a bit of a farce to me. Even if it's Kobe.

You can‘t just through big names together. You have to find tge right combination of guys. Yes, the pool always look good, as they do in video games, but in reality, you have to pick something that works.

I can understand how players feel snubbed or catch feelies when they don‘t make the cut, but it‘s just part of the competition.

Can‘t assume Kobe will do what Kidd did for Team Usa. More likely than not, he won‘t.
That's the entire point of the player pool, so all of them can play and practice together at camps, and the world championships

This isn't just throwing a random group together, most of the guys that will make it will have played together already 

Last edited:

Uhhh in this case yes you can.

That whole "can't throw big names together" is a bit of a lie to make the opponents sound better than what they are.

If you put a team with bron durant curry athony davis carmelo anthony, cp3, there's NO WAY you're going to lose. No way at all.

Oh lol my bad.

I think since 2008, all the best players want to play in the olympics now, making roster spots a bit harder to come by. To give that to someone who obviously isn't deserving from a purely basketball standpoint, is just...idk.

It's such a prestigious honor to get a gold medal, to give that honor to someone who already has two, and isn't really deserving of the spot on the team is just a bit of a farce to me. Even if it's Kobe.
its participation trophy status.  i would hope and think  kobe wouldnt want to go out like that. he seems like hes above all that. 

Lowkey international teams are gonna get better and I know people have been saying this for a long time but last year 3 of the top 5 players taken in the draft are foreigners and the 3 best rookies last year Wiggins , Mirotic and Clarkson are gonna be suiting up this year for their respective nations not to sure about Mirotic tho this year the top 2 players in the draft so far are KP and KAT and I think Mudiaye (sp?) is also foreign

Rationale is a rare thing in here.

Michael Redd and Carlos Boozer won a gold medal in 2008 playing 6 minute per game.

You dudes hate Kobe so much that you seriously are trying to convince yourselves and others that Kobe Bryant, claiming that type of role, is somehow detrimental to the gold medal chances and/or "unfair" to someone else who would have played a total of 30 minutes in the entire tournament.
Michael redd in the 07-08 season averaged 22.7 pts, 4.3 rbs and 3.4 assists.. on 44% shooting (36% on 3s)

kobe's average this season: 16.8 pts, 4 rbs, 3.3 assitsts.. on 31% shooting (22% on 3s)

indifferent.gif

boozer averaged a double double during the 07-08 season

Last edited:
Oh yeah Joel Embiid is officially 7' 2" now . I dont want him to end up like Oden

Last edited:
Lowkey international teams are gonna get better and I know people have been saying this for a long time but last year 3 of the top 5 players taken in the draft are foreigners and the 3 best rookies last year Wiggins , Mirotic and Clarkson are gonna be suiting up this year for their respective nations not to sure about Mirotic tho this year the top 2 players in the draft so far are KP and KAT and I think Mudiaye (sp?) is also foreign
going get better?

there are already some very good international teams out there.. 2004 aint the only year USA has lost in an international competition.. and 2012 wasn't THAT much of a cakewalk  

Last edited:

The problem is those dudes are spread around to different countries. One player does not make a team good. If that were the case, Germany would have been better over the last 15 years. Also, it's not like Team USA's losses came because of one dominant player. Puerto Rico and Lithuania each had one NBA player in 2004 (Carlos Arroyo and Darius Songaila). Greece in 2006 had no NBA players. They were just solid teams that took advantage of Team USA's weaknesses. Those weaknesses don't exist anymore. One player will not change that.

going get better?

there are already some very good international teams out there.. 2004 aint the only year the USA has lost in an international competition.. and 2012 wasn't THAT much of a cakewalk  
I know man but

Canada is gonna emerge as a future power for the 1st time in their history so is Australia if Simmons turns into a superstar and Exum continues to improve those countries have never been a threat to medal Serbia Croatia (a core of bogdanovic,bender,hezonja and saric looks good on paper)and Lithuania all have young promising teams and to a certain extent Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom