2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
All valid points but the reason why I can't put him in my all time top ten is this

View media item 1796554

How you win 67 games, the MVP, and allowed that to happen. He's great no doubt but needs help equal or greater than his talent to win 'chips.

Where in my post did I say he was a Top 10 guy? He's top 20, right ahead of Malone and Barkley, and you can argue KG.

Jet pretty much carried them in the closeout game. There were a bunch of games where guys other than dirk stepped up and even outplayed him. Dirk was the best player but still.

And who, exactly, got them to that closeout game? And who, exactly, got them to the finals? Dirk. I don't want to hear about Jet's performance in a single Finals game. Dirk got them there.

And who, exactly, got them to that closeout game? And who, exactly, got them to the finals? Dirk. I don't want to hear about Jet's performance in a single Finals game. Dirk got them there.

It was def more than one game. That was a total team performance. Yall are acting like he had no help

Jet pretty much carried them in the closeout game. There were a bunch of games where guys other than dirk stepped up and even outplayed him. Dirk was the best player but still.

So? Thats the case for every championship run. :lol:

Kobe went for 6/24 or what ever in a close out game.

Really Jet is one of the worst 2nd options in recent history.

I understand the shift that Dirk brought to the game but in your own words enlighten me on how great he is.
All valid points but the reason why I can't put him in my all time top ten is this

How you win 67 games, the MVP, and allowed that to happen. He's great no doubt but needs help equal or greater than his talent to win 'chips.

Where in my post did I say he was a Top 10 guy? He's top 20, right ahead of Malone and Barkley, and you can argue KG.

My bad, I wasn't trying to insinuate that. I've seen other's say he is and just assumed.

He's better than Malone for sure but Barkley I'm not sure about that.

In the past 20 years I would say the two teams with the least support was the 2003 Spurs and the 2011 Mavs

Of course no title team has "no help" that's not debatable 

Dirk is 7 feet tall with an unblockable shot. As long as he can get up and down the court he will be effective.

Honestly when he's 50 years old, you could keep him on the roster, and put him in the game coming out of timeouts.
I can't believe he signed the contract that he signed.

Cuban owes him a piece of that team man.

Police now investigating Jah's incident

Boston police are now investigating a street fight involving Philadelphia 76ers rookie Jahlil Okafor that took place early Thursday, according to a statement issued Friday evening.

According to the statement, a man filed a police report Friday morning stating he was the victim of assault and battery outside the Storyville nightclub on Exeter Street in Boston at around 2 a.m. on Thursday. The man said that Okafor and another man approached his group and asked some of the women for their phone numbers. When the women declined, a verbal altercation ensued, followed by a physical scuffle. The man said Okafor pushed him and punched him, knocking him to the ground and causing a cut over his eye that later required stitches.

Police said they are "actively reviewing" the case and no charges have been filed. Police had said earlier Friday that they would not investigate the case unless someone involved came forward to say they were the victim of a crime.

If you are ranking a list of all the 2nd offensive options in the past 10 years Jet's the worst imo.

06 Shaq
D-Wade
Pau
Tim Duncan '14 (He was the second option)
Paul pierce (Offense was pretty split between KG and Paul so you could go either way)
Tony Parker
Klay Thompson
Rip Hamilton
Jet

Last edited:
If you are ranking a list of all the 2nd offensive options in the past 10 years Jet's the worst imo.

06 Shaq
D-Wade
Pau
Tim Duncan '14 (He was the second option)
Paul pierce (Offense was pretty split between KG and Paul so you could go either way)
Tony Parker
Klay Thompson
Rip Hamilton
Jet
That list could be accurate

I'd rather judge the entire rotation than just the 2nd option though

Last edited:

Nope. There's a small group of people on here (mostly Lakers fans, I think) who slander Duncan too.

I'd say MJ is the closest to having universal NT approval (at least as a player), but there a few Kobe and Bron stans who say stuff about MJ too.

Police now investigating Jah's incident

Boston police are now investigating a street fight involving Philadelphia 76ers rookie Jahlil Okafor that took place early Thursday, according to a statement issued Friday evening.

According to the statement, a man filed a police report Friday morning stating he was the victim of assault and battery outside the Storyville nightclub on Exeter Street in Boston at around 2 a.m. on Thursday. The man said that Okafor and another man approached his group and asked some of the women for their phone numbers. When the women declined, a verbal altercation ensued, followed by a physical scuffle. The man said Okafor pushed him and punched him, knocking him to the ground and causing a cut over his eye that later required stitches.

Police said they are "actively reviewing" the case and no charges have been filed. Police had said earlier Friday that they would not investigate the case unless someone involved came forward to say they were the victim of a crime.

Typical.. nobody is going to take a *** whoopin like a man. Grown *** men want to play victim. :smh:

I think Kobe is taking his lumps this year and is gonna put in major work this offseason and come back next year at full health and full strength for a last go with the Lakers
Yall need to accept that his injuries mounting up at this point in his career is not to be trifled with

Not to mention he is too stubborn to change his game. I tried to tell someone earlier in the year that a contender wouldn't want him or if they did he would have to go to the bench. Dude got super pissed at me 
laugh.gif
 his game right now is not going to help you win games unless he scales it way back 
let me rephrase.... I don't think this clunker of a season will be his last.

rather, it will serve as a trial run of sourts and a source of motivation to give it another try, successfully or otherwise

I think Kobe is taking his lumps this year and is gonna put in major work this offseason and come back next year at full health and full strength for a last go with the Lakers
Yall need to accept that his injuries mounting up at this point in his career is not to be trifled with

Not to mention he is too stubborn to change his game. I tried to tell someone earlier in the year that a contender wouldn't want him or if they did he would have to go to the bench. Dude got super pissed at me :lol:  his game right now is not going to help you win games unless he scales it way back 

rather, it will serve as a trial run of sourts and a source of motivation to give it another try, successfully or otherwise

also, he got at least $50M+ to come back. lakers ownership isnt gonna force him out.

Kobe is def hanging them up after this season.

He hired the film crew to follow him this season around for a reason.

Last edited:
Nope. There's a small group of people on here (mostly Lakers fans, I think) who slander Duncan too.

I'd say MJ is the closest to having universal NT approval (at least as a player), but there a few Kobe and Bron stans who say stuff about MJ too.
Who ever slander Tim Duncan is an idiot ...

. . . in China, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom