• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E. It's also not the first time he's referred to her by name in public. He's done it at least twice before, and to keep it all the way funky, while word on campus spread about her name because of friends from both sides, it's rumored he (Cornwell, the lawyer) leaked her name to the media.

Do you really believe this.

Last edited:

E. It's also not the first time he's referred to her by name in public. He's done it at least twice before, and to keep it all the way funky, while word on campus spread about her name because of friends from both sides, it's rumored he (Cornwell, the lawyer) leaked her name to the media.
Do you really believe this.
What part?

That he put her name out there to the larger media to begin with?  No, I don't think so.

I can tell you a bunch of news sites weren't sure who the victim really was outside of rumors and cited him as confirming her name out in the public.

Could they have found out through a little investigating, sure, but crappy sites like Fab Wags don't find out unless someone with clout puts her name out there to be picked up and he did that for sure.

Last edited:
•​ Just how tough has it gotten for embattled Florida coach Will Muschamp? So much that an SEC assistant told The Inside Read that his program has turned away several Gators commitments who want to change their pledges. "We like who we got better," the assistant said.

​Florida’s uncharacteristically poor recruiting class is reflective of the increasing likelihood that Muschamp will not return after this season. The Gators’ astoundingly low nine commitments rank just 51st nationally at their highest and as low as 69th nationally, according to the three major recruiting services.

That’s a precipitous drop since February, when Florida signed a consensus top-10 class. The Gators’ current group is second-to-last in the SEC behind Vanderbilt, according to two services and the other has it tied for last with the Commodores.

One service even ranks the classes of eight non-Power 5 teams higher than Florida’s, a list that includes Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State and San Jose State, which have a combined 10-12 record this season. That’s mainly because the Gators have had six decommitments since July.

The latest deserter is Lawrenceville (Ga.) linebacker Adonis Thomas, who reneged on his pledge last week, less than three months after choosing Florida over Alabama. Instead of Muschamp & Co.’s commitments, the SEC assistant said his program is more focused on a few uncommitted recruits once thought to be leaning to the Gators.

Said the assistant, “Now they’re giving us a little bit more attention.”

•​ Lost in Alabama’s consensus No. 1-ranked recruiting class is the influence of Tosh Lupoi. “He’s been a big asset for [them],” an SEC staffer told The Inside Read. “Tosh has relationships across the country with recruits.”

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban hired the former California and Washington assistant, a recruiting ace, as an analyst in April. That was two months after the NCAA cleared Lupoi of allegations that he paid $4,500 for tutoring and online classes for Huskies signee Andrew Basham, who ended up not qualifying academically.

In his position, the 33-year-old Lupoi is not allowed to recruit off-campus per NCAA rules, but can have contact with recruits under certain scenarios.

“He’s a recruiting beast,” the staffer said. “That’s why they brought him in.”

Lupoi has also given Alabama much needed youth recruiting-wise, according to the staffer. Excluding wide receivers coach Billy Napier, the rest of the Crimson Tide’s staff is either pushing or over 40.

“It’s been a big deal for Alabama as far as trying to stay on top,” the staffer said. “With Ole Miss and Auburn getting all these good classes the last few years, he’s been the younger guy with experience that’s helped them.”

What part?

That he put her name out there to the larger media to begin with?  No, I don't think so.

I can tell you a bunch of news sites weren't sure who the victim really was outside of rumors and cited him as confirming her name out in the public.

Could they have found out through a little investigating, sure, but crappy sites like Fab Wags don't find out unless someone with clout puts her name out there to be picked up and he did that for sure.

Her name was out there way before Cornwell ever got involved. Plus she dipped from campus right after (maybe even before) the story picked up an traction with the national media. Cornwell's logic is that both parties are supposed to be protected through a confidentiality clause but the accusers camp has had no problem throwing out Jameis' name any chance they can get. Why does she deserve any special treatment? I'm not saying I necessarily agree with his logic but the confidentiality should apply to both parties.

It is pretty bush to say the clients name in a rape case, even if the name is already out there. She doesn't deserve to have her name dragged through the mud. Very unethical move by the attorney IMO.

And I do agree with you. But if it turns out to be a false accusation do you feel the same way? Jameis has been dragged through the mud the entire time even though the state attorney determined that inconsistencies in the accusers testimonies would not hold up in the court of law. Is that not bush too? Cornwell's tactics have drawn ire from me from the beginning - with his use of social media, using the accusers name etc... But at least someone is finally trying to clear Jameis' name. God knows FSU administration hasn't.

And I do agree with you. But if it turns out to be a false accusation do you feel the same way? Jameis has been dragged through the mud the entire time even though the state attorney determined that inconsistencies in the accusers testimonies would not hold up in the court of law. Is that not bush too? Cornwell's tactics have drawn ire from me from the beginning - with his use of social media, using the accusers name etc... But at least someone is finally trying to clear Jameis' name. God knows FSU administration hasn't.

I don't feel bad for Jameis. As a public figure, you have to hold yourself to a higher standard. You have to understand the scrutiny you will face for your actions. Don't put yourself in situations where this could even be an issue.

There is a very tough burden to meet in rape cases. Inconsistencies in her testimony could reflect her trying to protect herself, and that could surely make a conviction impossible.

If the acquisitions are baseless, it is still unfair IMO to drag her name through the mud. Let the legal system handle it and respect people's privacy no matter if they've made poor choices.

@Softykjr
Per Source, UW CB Marcus Peters has been kicked off the team.
 Yikes 
snoop.png

So Kenny Hill hired Sean Salisbury as a personal QB coach and mentor.

Pretty interesting choice of mentor for a kid who has had quite a few off-the-field issues.

:lol: 

Why in the hell would a family with the means to hire a legitimate QB coach/mentor get into business with that scumbag Sean Salisbury?

@Softykjr
Per Source, UW CB Marcus Peters has been kicked off the team.
 Yikes 
snoop.png
What's Peterson's recruiting looking like? From other boards, I've heard bad, but I don't follow the team or any of its targets.

I've also been hearing the players that were there during the Sark era are pretty much fed up with CP's personality/ways.
I wouldnt say it's bad, he's been doing fine recruiting...I havent had any qualms with CP in the dept. yet

I'm sure there are some guys that arent feeling CP's vibes...He isn't Sark, but I'm not seeing anything that insinuates some widespread dysfunction in the program at the moment, the team is in a phase of transition. Waters will calm when CP gets a chance to bring more of his recruits in

At least he said he'll still vouch for Peters to the NFL scouts
yeshrug.png

ESPN U Canes all access is on since I know a couple of you were lamenting missing it.

Back
Top Bottom