2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Although his individual defense improved this season, MCW still can't shoot.
Timing is impeccable with Knight having the season of his life in Milwaukee prior to the trade. Although I question whether he can consistently shoot over 40% from deep over his career.

I suppose for Phoenix's FO it depends largely on the long-term compatibility between Knight and Bledsoe in the backcourt. I doubt the Suns would deal Dragic and Thomas without a clear vision in place for their starting guards of the future. Ennis and Plumlee weren't considerable assets in the deal, but Phoenix did give Philly the Lakers' 2015 first-round pick (protected) in the 3-team trade.
Very true. So who can we realistically expect Phil to sign. The pickings are very slim right now, especially at the guard position. Im hoping Wes Matthews is a lock and Ik people have speculated a lot about Greg Monroe but if I remember correctly he only wanted to leave because he absolutely hated playing with Josh Smith and it seems Stan's worked all of that out and tbh I'm really not all that sold on pairing him with Melo as that second or third "star" cuz thats surely the level of money he'll be looking for.

He can't shoot and he's still only 23 averaging 15/6/7.

His shooting percentages will get better when he grows as a player and learns when to and when not to shoot...
The numbers certainly jump out at you, MCW will continue to fill up the stat sheet but you wonder if that equates to wins. Philly (Hinkie) took a risk trading him for the Lakers' protected pick, but their line of thought is to be Rondo and get away without a jumper in a NBA offense requires far better on the ball defense. While MCW improved in that regard this season and the Sixers as a whole defend far better than most know or expect, he endured years of less than satisfactory perimeter defense masked by the zone at Syracuse.

Here's my thing: I don't believe it's a shot selection issue, it's technique and form more than hoisting bad jump shots.

From the Sixers' perspective, it creates flexibility in the sense Mudiay and Russell are now in play in the event we don't get or want Jah and Towns.

Im hoping Wes Matthews is a lock and Ik people have speculated a lot about Greg Monroe but if I remember correctly he only wanted to leave because he absolutely hated playing with Josh Smith and it seems Stan's worked all of that out and tbh I'm really not all that sold on pairing him with Melo as that second or third "star" cuz thats surely the level of money he'll be looking for.
Monroe gambled on himself this season in a major way. Taking the 1-year deal with Detroit for a measly $5.5M, quite the risk. On the plus side, Monroe has post moves and offensive skills that have long been coveted in the NBA. The rarity or uniqueness drives up his value. He's an able passer, capable of playing PF or C. In contrast negatively, as a 4 Monroe has trouble closing out on the perimeter while not serving as a rim protector when slotted at the 5. His mid-range game is inefficient and underdeveloped.

With that being said, if his agent is any good, Monroe gets substantially more than Gortat's 5/$60M.

Depending on when they get eliminated, wouldnt be surprised if Rondo leaves the Mavs either.

I'd take Rubio here too.

If you're a PG getting into a shouting match with Rick Carlisle, something is ******* wrong with you.
Frustration, but Rondo definitely has to handle his emotions better. Especially as a floor leader. I think it's a buildup from his degenerative situation in Boston to an uncomfortable and difficult transition in Dallas currently. You can see what the Celtics were apprehensive about when they constantly floated Rondo in trade talks.

He can't shoot and he's still only 23 averaging 15/6/7.

His shooting percentages will get better when he grows as a player and learns when to and when not to shoot...
The numbers certainly jump out at you, MCW will continue to fill up the stat sheet but you wonder if that equates to wins. Philly (Hinkie) took a risk trading him for the Lakers' protected pick, but their line of thought is to be Rondo and get away without a jumper in a NBA offense requires far better on the ball defense. While MCW improved in that regard this season and the Sixers as a whole defend far better than most know or expect, he endured years of less than satisfactory perimeter defense masked by the zone at Syracuse.

Here's my thing: I don't believe it's a shot selection issue, it's technique and form more than hoisting bad jump shots.

From the Sixers' perspective, it creates flexibility in the sense Mudiay and Russell are now in play in the event we don't get or want Jah and Towns.
I respect that. Don't really agree with getting rid of him in the way they did, but I'm so far removed from NBA basketball (since the Knicks are terrible), that I can't really speak on it confidently.

Lawson

Russell

Melo

Gasol 

glasses.gif

I want a PG that can shoot AND pass well.
Not an exquisite passer, but Patrick Beverley. Restricted FA. Plays stifling individual defense and shoots well. Comes significantly cheaper than the three point guards you don't want anyway: MCW, Rondo, Rubio.

Not an exquisite passer, but Patrick Beverley. Restricted FA. Plays stifling individual defense and shoots well. Comes significantly cheaper than the three point guards you don't want anyway: MCW, Rondo, Rubio.
I like him. Good scrappy player

absolutely no to Rondo. we don't need a lil punk who can't shoot a jumper to save his life.

Back
Top Bottom