2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

It's hilarious isn't it. Media/morons just love ripping Melo every chance they get. I wasn't old enough to really pay attention to this stuff growing up, but was Ewing treated like this as well?

Funny, I was watching Sports Reporters this morning and Pablo Torre said something like "The Cavs with injuries, and JR and Shumpert on the court look like the Knicks.". No ****.

Look at all the sympathy Lebron gets for having JR Smith and Chumpert as his 2nd/3rd option, but when Melo had him as a second option it was his fault that the offense wasnt in a rhythm. it was his fault that their defense is terrible.

THIS x10000000

LeBron takes 34 shots: "he's doing all he can to win!"

Melo takes 34 shots: "selfish loser...."

looking back on it how the hell did we win 54 games with that roster & how did JR stay focused for most of the games? :lol:

He has a double standard that not even Kobe (and definitely not Melo) would have gotten if he would have put this up.

A few things LeBron has done well..

1. Lead the team. He put a fire under their asterisk, and had them fighting. That's something commendable. He deserves that credit at least

2. First few games he really slowed the pace. And got the game to a way that Cavs could keep it close. Game 4, it went way off the rails.

3. He does find the open man, and hasn't turn the ball over very much. Which is pretty amazing on it's own.

But from a scoring perspective he's been historically bad. The most points in the first 3 finals games is true, but it was extremely inefficient, and only a few people really point that out. A lot of points on a lot of shot and a low percentage. 35 points, 32 shots, 38.8% FG%. It'd be one thing if he had 40 points on 34 shots, and didn't get to the line at all. That would lend itself to a 45-50% FG% series. But he was going 15-16 times a game. Kobe got a bunch of crap for the same exact thing earlier in the season, under the same circumstances. Just a reference of how LeBron is being covered differently.

Game 2, they won, but it was in spite of him. Missed 17 of his final 22 shots, a couple bonehead turnovers, and the team expanded a lead when he was out. They just barely hold onto the game.

His defense hasn't been that great either for a majority of the series.

He deserves some credit, and all things considered it's been a nice series.. But when people say he's been historically great, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
well i mean, he has been historically great because if he doesn't do what he's done, they're swept in 4 games. so while he has been inefficient and shot poorly, he's also the only reason his team is still alive.

well i mean, he has been historically great because if he doesn't do what he's done, they're swept in 4 games. so while he has been inefficient and shot poorly, he's also the only reason his team is still alive.

Tristan rebounding.

Mozgov playing really well.

Dellavedova playing pesky defense on Curry in Game 2 & 3. Which surprised Curry.

All were huge in their 2 wins.

LeBron didn't get them the win in Game 2. They won in spite of LeBron again missed 17 of his last 22 shots and some huge mental turnovers. Was basically non-existent in that 4th & OT. And due to a historically bad shooting night by Curry. Even if Curry was horrible instead of historically bad, GS is going into Game 5 up 3-1.

Color me unimpressed.

Last edited:
those are all definitely factors but cavs are down 3-0 without lebron. lets be serious, end of the day, mozgov is getting chances to score because of lebrun's attention and kelly and tt are just hustle players. he's not efficient but lebron is the only reason this series is tied.

Real **** Bron this series can't exactly be measured by FG%. A lot of times he just throws it at the rim playing the odds of make/miss and Tristan and Moz grabbing the rebound for a put back if it's a miss. I felt that way while watching the games and thought it was cool when afterwards I saw Wilbon mentioned it too.

However, the struggles in the 4th can't be ignored.

Last edited:
he's running out of gas by the 4th thats really why he's doing so poorly. guy is doing everything without sitting more than 2 minutes per game.

I know he's out of gas, but that doesn't mean you need to bring the ball up, let the shot clock run, and get into some stupid iso when you can have another guard do that and then post up.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Some talk as of late that the Knicks will consider Porzingis at #4 because of his fit in the Triangle. Phil Jackson came to see for himself.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher in Vegas to watch Kristaps Porzingis' only workout in the US. Here's what they'll see: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Kristaps-Porzingis-Workout-Video-5085

There's our pick guise. We love drafting foreign players.

It doesn't make sense to pick him because you can just offer Bargs a 1-2 mill/yr contract (much cheaper and safer than a long-term commitment to he 4th pick) and pretty much get the same production in the first 2 years.

Last edited:
Lebron in the 4th Quarter of the 2015 NBA Finals
Game 1: 5/13 in 4th quarter + OT
Game 2: 2/12 in 4th quarter + OT
Game 3: 3/8 in 4th quarter
Game 4: 1/3 in 4th quarter

11/36 (30.6%)

Highest 4th Quarter Scoring Average Past 20 Seasons NBA Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

LeBron James Career 4th Quarter Scoring Average in NBA Finals: 4.1

James has missed more shots than any other player has even taken during these NBA Finals. Think about that for a moment. James has misfired on 64 of his 107 field goal attempts. By comparison, Stephen Curry, the league MVP, has taken 63 field goal attempts, period.

LeBron is 18-54 when guarded by Andre Iguodala. That's 33%.

Sorry...I'm not about to give him all this extra credit and excuse his poor FG%, because people don't make those same excuses for everyone else. LeBron has basically been playing like a less efficient/less good Westbrook from earlier this season. Mad people criticized Westbrook for doing what he had to do to keep them competitive, and he still was shooting 44% or more from the field while averaging 30pt triple doubles for 2 months straight. And he def wasn't shooting 35-40 shots and missing over 60% of them.

he's running out of gas by the 4th thats really why he's doing so poorly. guy is doing everything without sitting more than 2 minutes per game.
Bron is a mental ****** just like JR. That is why he sucks in the 4th.

It was the same **** in Miami besides 2012. He ******* took names in 2012, I will give him that. I always say 2007 vs Detroit and 2012 vs OKC are the only 2 times where Lebron has really imprsssed me in the playoffs, given the expectations I put on him knowing he is the best player in the world.

That is not saying that Bron has "choked" every year besides 2007 and 2012. That isnt true either. But IMO Bron has "choked" more times in his career more than he has really exceeded expectations and took over in the playoffs like someone like Jordan routinely did.

Last edited:
Anyway, Porzingis is cool and def talented, but if we draft him over Mudiay, I'm flying to NY and burning MSG down!

He has a double standard that not even Kobe (and definitely not Melo) would have gotten if he would have put this up.

A few things LeBron has done well..

1. Lead the team. He put a fire under their asterisk, and had them fighting. That's something commendable. He deserves that credit at least

2. First few games he really slowed the pace. And got the game to a way that Cavs could keep it close. Game 4, it went way off the rails.

3. He does find the open man, and hasn't turn the ball over very much. Which is pretty amazing on it's own.

But from a scoring perspective he's been historically bad. The most points in the first 3 finals games is true, but it was extremely inefficient, and only a few people really point that out. A lot of points on a lot of shot and a low percentage. 35 points, 32 shots, 38.8% FG%. It'd be one thing if he had 40 points on 34 shots, and didn't get to the line at all. That would lend itself to a 45-50% FG% series. But he was going 15-16 times a game. Kobe got a bunch of crap for the same exact thing earlier in the season, under the same circumstances. Just a reference of how LeBron is being covered differently.

Game 2, they won, but it was in spite of him. Missed 17 of his final 22 shots, a couple bonehead turnovers, and the team expanded a lead when he was out. They just barely hold onto the game.

His defense hasn't been that great either for a majority of the series.

He deserves some credit, and all things considered it's been a nice series.. But when people say he's been historically great, it's ridiculous.

Take all my reps. You consistently kick knowledge in sports and training without bias or hate wish their were more posters like you bro

Bron is a mental ****** just like JR. That is why he sucks in the 4th.

It was the same **** in Miami besides 2012. He ******* took names in 2012, I will give him that. I always say 2007 vs Detroit and 2012 vs OKC are the only 2 times where Lebron has really imprsssed me in the playoffs, given the expectations I put on him knowing he is the best player in the world.

That is not saying that Bron has "choked" every year besides 2007 and 2012. That isnt true either. But IMO Bron has "choked" more times in his career more than he has really exceeded expectations and took over in the playoffs like someone like Jordan routinely did.
except this year he isn't choking or being a mental ******, he's literally drained and has 0 energy in the 4th quarters. he's rested something like 8 minutes total this series. what do you want from the guy? to not hit the front of the rim on jump shots in the 4th quarter when he's spent the first 3 rebounding, scoring, passing and defending? what lebron is doing this finals hasn't been asked from anyone in a long time. it's one thing when you rip lebron for not showing up w wade n bosh on his team that's fair and deserving, but to rip him for being inefficient and somehow still getting is team to be 2-2 in the finals against a squad that's 10 deep? that's just unfair and inappropriate.

LeBron is tired. Well guess what Melo was tired a lot too carrying all the ******* dead wait on the Knicks roster since he got here but I don't hear no one else mentioning that though.

Last edited:
melo's my favorite player but he has never been asked to do any of the stuff lebron has to do currently.... melo's job is to score first and foremost, lebron has to rebound, distribute, defend and score. if you can't see why some people give him a break for doing everything, then i dont know what to tell you.

The scoring and distributing is fine.. He has to do that, his responsibility.

One he's done amazingly well. The other he's done very very inefficiently.

Rebounding for him is a product of being big, strong, and he's a 3 at the same time. Meaning it's very rare for the guy he's guarding to be in the paint banging for boards.

Of LeBron's 10.7 RPG in the Playoffs, 66% or 7.2 RPG come with 0 contesting rebounders.

Specifically against the GSW of his 12 RPG, 8.3 have 0 contested rebounders, 2.7 against 1 contesting rebounders, and 1.0 against 2 contesting rebounders.

He's probably the best rebounding SF in the NBA, but it still comes down to just cleaning up bad shots on defense with nobody around.

If he was mainly a 4, would he still end up with 8+ RPG? Most likely. But 2/3 of his 12 are uncontested. Looking at Dray & Tristan they are in the 50%s

Last edited:
that's a good point. i just can't blame him for doing what he has w this team. if he was this inefficient w kyrie and love, yeah i can slander him. but w jr, shump, delly? i gotta give him a break here because they have no business being tied 2-2. he's been inefficient, there's no way around it, but he's only resting 1-2 minutes a game so i'm fine giving him a break.

that's a good point. i just can't blame him for doing what he has w this team. if he was this inefficient w kyrie and love, yeah i can slander him. but w jr, shump, delly? i gotta give him a break here because they have no business being tied 2-2. he's been inefficient, there's no way around it, but he's only resting 1-2 minutes a game so i'm fine giving him a break.

It's a you can't be wrong kind of argument.

He deserves immense credit for them competing. But he also deserves the numbers to be picked apart.

It looks great because "this is the team he has," but when you peel back at the numbers, it's historically inefficient.

Rather than saying he's having a historically great series. It should be, he's having a good series, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom