2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

@SeattlePD: Police looking for intoxicated man dressed as Ninja Turtle after he made scene & fled restaurant in 700 blk 3rd Ave this AM w/o paying tab

pr0phecy718 pr0phecy718 :nerd:

yall are crazy to trade jr over shump :smh:

and the triangle will work and we will make the playoffs... but a championship is not expected not until after next summer when we get a superstar or all star to play next to melo

Phil says Iman is one of his favorites but NT hates him. Hahahaha, been saying this whole time we have to keep this kid. He has a lot of talent.

Phil says Iman is one of his favorites but NT hates him. Hahahaha, been saying this whole time we have to keep this kid. He has a lot of talent.
Phil is the gawd and all but we've been watching shump for 2 years. PJ been watching for a few games/practices in a contract year. Hell I'd be surprised if he even heard of shump before he got the job! LOL

Last edited:
Phil is the gawd and all but we've been watching shump for 2 years. PJ been watching for a few games/practices in a contract year. Hell I'd be surprised if he even heard of shump before he got the job! LOL

They said before he took the job that he liked Iman's game. Our best defensive player and is an explosive athlete. Has plenty to work on but when your coach hates you and doesn't want to play you, you're not gonna see the best of him.

They said before he took the job that he liked Iman's game. Our best defensive player and is an explosive athlete. Has plenty to work on but when your coach hates you and doesn't want to play you, you're not gonna see the best of him.

agreed, but as of right now, hes just an athlete and not really a basketball player. im cool with that though. all he needs to do is lock down his man and hit the 3. anything more is a bonus.

My knock on Shump is I question how much he wants it. Does he want to just be in the league or does he want to be the best he could be?

Last edited:
dude is just living right now. hes making a couple mill a year and living/playing for nyc. what else can you ask for? i dont doubt that his priorities arent in order. i think hed be a much better player if he played for a small market team like MIL or CHA.

I think every player wants to be a top tier player but their skill doesn't allow them to do it consistently. I just don't see him being much better than he is now. I think the Landry Fields comparison fits best.

Nah, there's many dudes that are out there cause of the salary and lifestyle. Darius Miles, Jerome James, these people didn't give a **** about being their best, they gave a **** about getting paid and reaping the rewards of playing in the NBA. It may be unfair to lump Shump with those people, but he hasn't proven to me how hungry he is. Not yet at least.

my thing with shump is he can at least play a role and give us something.  when jr is off he gives us absolutely nothing.  I want to see him live up to his talent but after a while u start to wonder if its ever gonna happen

Nah, there's many dudes that are out there cause of the salary and lifestyle. Darius Miles, Jerome James, these people didn't give a **** about being their best, they gave a **** about getting paid and reaping the rewards of playing in the NBA. It may be unfair to lump Shump with those people, but he hasn't proven to me how hungry he is. Not yet at least.
True. There are cats who's extra curricular activities limit their games but I don't consider Shump one of those guys. It seems like he tries and wants it but can't do it consistently.

my thing with shump is he can at least play a role and give us something.  when jr is off he gives us absolutely nothing.  I want to see him live up to his talent but after a while u start to wonder if its ever gonna happen
If Shump was a lockdown defender you could bear with offensive inconsistencies but I don't even see him as that.

not lockdown but he's the best we've got.  i just think Jr is more replaceable than shump at this point thanks to timmy who is already a more consistent shooter

That's the fine print right there. "best we got" but as a whole we are defensively challenged. JR has the skills and athleticism, I think he should be questioned how much he wants it opposed to Shump, who imo, is just not that good.

I am surprised, but
See he messed up by boning the coaches daughter, he brought that **** on himseeeeelf! LOL

Last edited:
That's the fine print right there. "best we got" but as a whole we are defensively challenged. JR has the skills and athleticism, I think he should be questioned how much he wants it opposed to Shump, who imo, is just not that good.
i agree which is why i don't have unrealistic expectations for shump.  with him were just hoping for a consistent 3 and D guy.  with JR we're praying for a second all star.  i think shumps closer at this point.

i think jr has more to offer than shump... i know yall are banking on shump potential since hes still young but hes not going to get any better... jr plays decent defense and can improve on that and his offense is great when hes on but is inconsistent.... and shump his offense is non existent and his defense is slightly better than jr but overrated for what people expect out of him a lockdown defender... he gets in foul trouble quickly for me to take him seriously

i think jr has more to offer than shump... i know yall are banking on shump potential since hes still young but hes not going to get any better... jr plays decent defense and can improve on that and his offense is great when hes on but is inconsistent.... and shump his offense is non existent and his defense is slightly better than jr but overrated for what people expect out of him a lockdown defender... he gets in foul trouble quickly for me to take him seriously
This is how I view it. JR is a much more dangerous player than Shump. I don't think other teams are accounting for Shump at all. His defense is above average but really only stands out because we're a poor team defensively. I like that Phil acknowledged the trouble with his shooting mechanics. Watching Shump on offense can be painful. With all that athleticism it's like he doesn't know how to finish if its not a dunk. No floater, no mid range, no finesse moves around the basket. These are things you learn very early in basketball and its like he never got around to it. If he can become a consistent deep threat he can be valuable. If not, he's destined for someone's bench.

Back
Top Bottom