2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Zinger a 77 overall in 2k 
pimp.gif

77 is pretty ridiculously high for a "project" rookie big man

Feel like 2K always has a Knicks bias though :lol:

It was probably tough to keep Zinger's rating low when he is 7'3, athletic, can shoot it from anywhere, and is a shot blocking threat. There's only so much they can do if they are keeping it realistic. I'm sure they probably didnt plan for the 77 rating, but those skills will hike the overall rating up a lot in a big man.

NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA · 8m8 minutes ago
In the final part of The Phil Files, Phil Jackson evaluates new players the Knicks added this season. http://es.pn/1KHMOUG
i

After adding two first-rounders (and one second-rounder, who will remain overseas) in the draft, the Knicks then turned to the free-agent market. Most of the high-profile big men Jackson had his eye on ended up signing elsewhere, so instead, he focused on what he considers to be the most important aspect of the game: defense.

"That's because defense creates offense," he says. "From Bill Russell and even to [this year's] championship Golden State Warriors, this has always been the case."

I feel that Phil never likes to name drop his teams, considering that his late 90s Bulls teams were probably the best defensive teams of all time. 
laugh.gif

Regardless, I'm cautiously excited for the upcoming season. Excited to see how all the new acquisitions play for us this season, and think that all of them have the potential to have their best NBA seasons to date in expanded roles for each of them that also fit their styles of play.

At the end of the day though, like I have said many times, it's all about #7.

Last edited:
i know its easier said than done, but only things I ask for in the upcoming season is effort, teamwork, and intelligent 'modern' game-planning

if we do those things and just lack the talent for Ws, I won't really complain.

Last edited:
thats why i wasnt too mad about last season. we literally had the 2nd worst roster in the league. actually, philly might have even had a better team. i just wanna see our squad play hard and play smart.

Knew it was a long shot anyway 
mean.gif

4/$52 actually isnt a lot at all considering the cap increase. He easily could have made $18-20 mil a season in the open market next summer, I'm surprised he didnt get more than that.

You might think I'm crazy but think about it. Demarre Carroll made 4/$60 mil this summer and MKG is better and much younger than Carroll is. Plus next summer the cap increase will actually happen as opposed to players/agents/teams just preparing for it, and more teams would have cap space to fight for his services. And once KD gets signed by someone, he would be one of the top free agents left available. So there would be a lot of teams armed with cap space fighting for his services.

Plus he would be restricted, which means that if an outside team really wanted to sign him they would try and sign him to a pretty outrageous offer so that Charlotte wouldnt match. Which would mean that he would either sign a big contract somewhere he wants to play, or Charlotte would match that big contract and he would remain in Charlotte anyway but for a lot more money.

No reason why he couldnt have made a lot more than that $54 mil. I'm surprised he didnt hold out for more. He could have lost himself a lot of money by taking this deal, but then again I'm sure the security made it very tempting to pass up.

Last edited:
**** these ****** names coming up in this thread

We got Seraphin and Sasha Vujacic b.

Last edited:
I'm seriously questioning if Melo is enough of a team player and can co-exist with Kyle O'Quinn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom