2016 ESPN 30 for 30 Thread

The part Doc talked about his no-hitter and his old man has left me in tears

Such perfect gift for his father

Doc was clearly tweaked out at the diner and during the in-studio interview. Sad to see he's still in rough shape.

Doc was clearly tweaked out at the diner and during the in-studio interview. Sad to see he's still in rough shape.
I too thought Doc seemed real sketchy during the Diner scene, but I didn't get that same vibe from the in-studio interview. I really enjoyed Doc & Darryl, especially since I grew up a huge fan of both of them.

I too thought Doc seemed real sketchy during the Diner scene, but I didn't get that same vibe from the in-studio interview. I really enjoyed Doc & Darryl, especially since I grew up a huge fan of both of them.

Re-watch the in-studio sections. He can't keep his hands and legs still.

agreed. You could tell Strawberry could see it too

Yep. I said the same thing to my wife. You could tell Strawberry knew and felt sorry for him but obviously couldn't address the situation. It was almost like he felt pity but at the same time knew there was nothing he could do.

You're right, after I checked it out again it's apparent he's not right in those segments either. Hopefully Doc can straighten his life out; I'd hate to hear of him passing away due to drugs or alcohol. It's good to see Strawberry was able to turn things around for himself.

I have no doubt in my mind that Strawberry snitched on Doc. The way he answered the question and couldn't look Doc in the eye seemed sketch. In theory Doc getting suspended should've helped Doc get clean, but he still doesn't look clean

I have no doubt in my mind that Strawberry snitched on Doc. The way he answered the question and couldn't look Doc in the eye seemed sketch. In theory Doc getting suspended should've helped Doc get clean, but he still doesn't look clean

No doubt. The way he danced around that :lol:

No doubt. The way he danced around that :lol:

He looked like a mess during all the dinner scenes..sad

One and not done was very good imo
Coach Cal peeped game and is looking out for his boys, not the system. Respect. "it's hurting college bball" bs. College sports have been pimping kids for decades and using the excitement around sports to lure in other students. Not to mention the sport itself is a billion dollar industry.

Gonna checkout the Baltimore Boys one tonight as I dvr'd. Also does anyone know if the "Down in the Valley" doc will ever air or can be found anywhere online? It's the one regarding Kevin Johnson being a big part of keeping the Kings in Sacramento, I can see why its being held due to the allegations against KJ but I'd like to see it regardless.

Gonna checkout the Baltimore Boys one tonight as I dvr'd. Also does anyone know if the "Down in the Valley" doc will ever air or can be found anywhere online? It's the one regarding Kevin Johnson being a big part of keeping the Kings in Sacramento, I can see why its being held due to the allegations against KJ but I'd like to see it regardless.

I've been waiting on that one too

30 for 30 on Carter High was one I was highly looking forward to

Gotta catch it on replay

The Year of the Scab was a good watch. I didn't know the story behind why these guys played. Amazing they won all 3 games. They definitely deserve rings imo.

Back
Top Bottom