2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

pimp.gif

Game Day!  Woooo, leggo!

Last edited:
DMo is basically supposed to be what Porzingis has been so far. I really hope he can come back looking like that, whenever that is
 DMO won't beat his defender with a crossover and/or shoot off the dribble like Kristaps..  I just want to see DMO maintain a presence in the post as well as force his defender to play him outside when hes lurking at the 3pt line. 

My opinions on Rocket's issues, Most Valuable Warrior, and how the West will play out

http://spacecityscoop.com/2015/11/2...rockets-struggle-west-regress-green-vs-curry/

I'm reading this article while the game on, and everything as far as the chart is totally correct. Seeing all the stats comparison last year to this year is so alarming. Defense is a MAJOR issue, and the offense is just so predictable. If 3s aren't falling, it's like there's no other alternative.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten that in previous games with all the minutes he's been playing.

Let's hope Harden has some energy to lead them past the Pistons. I liked Capela playing that many minutes the other night. Though Dwight still played a high amount, Capela should definitely keep getting quality minutes like that to supplement Dwight.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. This team sucks. And there's probably no way to get around that. The bench showed improvement, and Christ, I'm tired of waiting for this team to gel, and saying "it's an 82 game season". Dudes need to play better straight up. Somebody said a couple games ago that we are getting to an "easier part of the schedule". Easier my *** when the team plays like this.

View media item 1809330

Some trades are a coming.

Won't help. Mchale needed to go but it has become glaringly obvious this team has no vocal leader in that locker room. Dwight is content to get 12 points...12 rebounds collect his money and drive home. There's no burning desire to be a champion. As long as James gets his shots and Khloe is butt naked when he gets home...mmmkay. Nobody RESPECTED in that locker room is gonna go at someone for missing a rotation or not running the offense or showing little effort. You can tell Trevor and Brewer care but is an average player really gonna be respected when the stars are nonchalant? This team needs an attitude adjustment.

IMO if JB wants to earn this job he's gotta go full heel on these guys. James doesn't play D...sit his a** on the bench and tell him until he commits to play D. He ain't playin. Dwight keeps with the stupid ticky tack fouls..sit his a** down to until he learns to move his feet. Let Clint and Montrez play. This applies to everybody on the team not just the superstars...If they ain't gonna play with effort and do what JB tells them they ain't playing.

Sounds crazy but what do you have to lose at this point. This team will never win a championship with their current mindset (they've got the talent). Why not start to change it. Anybody not with the program can get traded...that includes Harden and Howard.

I do not at all believe an ounce of that about Dwight. He's been one of the lone guys trying out there, and was one of the only ones not fully putting the issue on McHale.

Agreed about most of the other stuff about an attitude adjustment though.

D-Mo's also been cleared to practice.

Last edited:
So it took the coach getting scapegoated and a month worth of bad losses for you guys to realize these problems begin & end with the players?

Consider me shocked.

I do not at all believe an ounce of that about Dwight. He's been one of the lone guys trying out there, and was one of the only ones not fully putting the issue on McHale.

Agreed about most of the other stuff about an attitude adjustment though.

D-Mo's also been cleared to practice.
We def need John Cena to come thru

IMO if JB wants to earn this job he's gotta go full heel on these guys.

This team will never win a championship with their current mindset (they've got the talent). Why not start to change it. Anybody not with the program can get traded...that includes Harden and Howard.

all of this

So it took the coach getting scapegoated and a month worth of bad losses for you guys to realize these problems begin & end with the players?

Consider me shocked.

that's not true though. your problem is realizing that players giving bad effort/terrible coaching aren't mutually exclusive. McHale needed to go. There still needs to be a coach that DEMANDS what is needed out of his team and coaches to their strengths. This is the type of stuff a coach actually gets paid to do. McHale was doing a good job of keeping it together personality wise, but that only goes so far. We need somebody to manage these personalities but also coach to the team's cumulative strengths.

in short, we just need someone to implement some version of the GSW offense, ha

Well as of foday what are our strengths? What do we do well?

You want to be GSW but they have a team full of complimentary pieces not to mention they actually play defense. This is a bad team across the board thru the first month of the season.

Consider me shocked.

Mchale wasn't a scapegoat..he helped create this culture and his X's and O's sucked. I like the guy, but he had to go if the Rockets want rings not the usual unceremonious playoff exit.

You didn't find it odd he couldn't play a back to back until Leslie said everybody's a** is on the line...Dwight's played a lot harder since Mchale got gone but playing hard isn't leading. Honestly, what has Dwight added to his game since coming to Houston to help win a title? What has Dwight added to his game since leaving Orlando? Same broke running jump hook across the lane...still getting stripped down low when he tries that up and under move. Teams have defended Dwight the same way for years and he's done nothing to counteract it (stay behind him on D, make him make a move...holds the ball too low when making a move/go for the strip...box out and cut off the lob). Dwight is content and has been for a long time. Don't get me wrong, he could be a very important piece to a championship winning squad, I no longer believe he wants to be the REASON a title comes to Houston and I think he's fine with that.

Last edited:
Our strengths are nothing, unless showing minimal effort is a strength.

:lol: and McHale being a scapegoat. He was definitely part of the problem. Part of the problem. What we probably missed out on though is the it's probably a joint thing, cause JB and other assistants haven't really differentiated themselves from when McHale was here. There's only been minor differences, very minor. The effort from the players has been the same, which is sad.

Back
Top Bottom