2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrie has a wide slide, tries texting to apologize and reiterates his regret over what happened, and he earned getting target multiple times by the Royals? Lawrie did his part to de-escalate the matter, Yordano and the Royals weren't interested. Get the **** out of here. I'm sick of your constant high-horse attitude on this forum.

Slide was dirty as hell man. So in your opinion, because he apologzed for his dirty play, it means he didnt deserve to be plunked?

I'm saying he doesn't deserve to be targeted multiple times afterward. They got their pitch on him the day after and that should have been that. But when Kazmir misses inside and hits someone on the damn leg (because that's definitely the spot pitchers aim for retaliation, lol), it's all fair to take some target practice at Lawrie? That's pathetic.

I'm saying he doesn't deserve to be targeted multiple times afterward. They got their pitch on him the day after and that should have been that. But when Kazmir misses inside and hits someone on the damn leg (because that's definitely the spot pitchers aim for retaliation, lol), it's all fair to take some target practice at Lawrie? That's pathetic.

Pathetic or not, Lawrie being targeted the second time has nothing to do with Yordano. He did it one time, and most would agree it was warranted.

yup. should be 1 plunk and its done. but i think the royals believes that when they get plunk its always intentional. Ventura loves to talk a lot of ****, we saw that during their run in the post season. can't be all butthurt and act all innocent when someone actually fire back at you. thats pretty much the whole royals.

Your position is that Yordano didn't escalate anything. When he went after Lawrie again after the first plunking he absolutely did. Don't defend this stupid headhunting/honor bull****.

Your position is that Yordano didn't escalate anything. When he went after Lawrie again after the first plunking he absolutely did. Don't defend this stupid headhunting/honor bull****.

escalating =/= instigating

My position is that Yordano didnt "instigate" a thing with the Lawrie/A's situation.

I think your memory is a bit foggy here. Yordano wasnt the one who "went after Lawrie again after the first plunking," he was the one who plunked Lawrie the first time. The "headhunting" incident was not Yordano.

Last edited:
Lawrie has a wide slide, tries texting to apologize and reiterates his regret over what happened, and he earned getting target multiple times by the Royals? Lawrie did his part to de-escalate the matter, Yordano and the Royals weren't interested. Get the **** out of here. I'm sick of your constant high-horse attitude on this forum.
As a Royals fan, I agree.

Look, it's awesome to see the Royals win and be the talk of baseball. However, they look like a bunch of punks. I get being frustrated because they have been hit so much, I really do get it. There's a point where you have to defend yourself but at the same time you have to control yourself. Defend yourself with your play, don't get into brawls.

Yordy is great but he's so young and immature. Complete hot head. Teams are recognizing that this is what he is and are going to attack him for it (as Eaton did last night)...they've got to learn to control themselves or else these suspensions are going to get out of hand.

Sucks because they are a 'feel good' team that most will rally around if their team is out of the playoffs. The shenanigans are going to change that for many

They won't be a "feel good" team for much longer if they become the new defenders of the sanctity of the game :lol:

11 :pimp:
Heres to the subway series

wide slide or not that **** was dirty as hell and could've ended Escobar season easily....I will say at this point the Royals are doing too much but I understood it initially 

#METS

Yes its only April, the begining of a very long season. But I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

The only team to be undefeated at home and overall best record in the Bigs. :D

And we're not even playing our best, with some of our best players out.

Bortolo Colon looking like :smokin

Granderson isnt hitting but he's leading the league in walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom