2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In an ideal world, the shortstop is the leader of the infield." - Alex Rodriguez

Did he just say he thinks the other NY team, the Mets, are going to win the WS basically? :lol: through what he was saying about BOS '03? How you gonna do that? :lol:

I know where I had him, have him.....
But are you guys sure Salvy isn't a top5 catcher? Get out of here

Last edited:
Just thinking about these three made me realize how great we were at times because of these guys coming out parties. Only person that kind of disappointed on offense was Crawford, but in reality, he was far from bad.

As a shortstop he was pretty damn good. His glove is enough and anything on offense is just gravy tbh. Really excited about the squad this coming year. We won 84 games with that rotation...def expecting a big year.

Last edited:
"In an ideal world, the shortstop is the leader of the infield." - Alex Rodriguez

Did he just say he thinks the other NY team, the Mets, are going to win the WS basically? :lol: through what he was saying about BOS '03? How you gonna do that? :lol:
We will win a World Series eventually with this rotation.

Giants will make a huge splash in pitching free agency this offseason, no doubt. I wonder who they will get... :nerd:  
This baseball year might be the worst ever if the A's trade Sonny Gray too lol

That top 5 payroll will get you nice things..

That bottom 5 payroll... Well **** us

Salvy isn't a top 10 catcher maybe not a top 15. This changes nothing. The dude is durable...impressive but that's it. His bat is for the most part pathetic and his defense according to every metric is average

Congrats to the Royals fans of NT for the 'ship, and the Mets for a great run. Series could have been a lot stronger had the Mets played sound defense and had 9th inning bullpen blunders.

This guy A-Rod is so funny doing commentary :rofl: .

We will win a World Series eventually with this rotation.

I just meant because he plays for the Yankees. Like... dude's predicting somebody else to be WS champion when he plays in the league currently. I don't know for how long, doesn't matter - but for the near future we'll say. And he just called this '03 for the Mets, citing what happened to Boston in '03 -> Boston winning WS in '04.

Last edited:
That top 5 payroll will get you nice things..

That bottom 5 payroll... Well **** us
Small championship windows 
mean.gif

Posey, Molina, D'arnaud, Lucroy, Montero, Schwarber, Cervelli, McCann, Norris, Vogt, and soon Swihart are all better.
Can't put Schwarber there since he hasn't played enough and may not even be a catcher. I'd take Salvy over Norris and Vogt. Everyone else I agree with though. Especially Swihart eventually.

The Royals really wanted it, the fashion in which they won, like 1/2 the damn games were come from behind.

What a great story.

Last edited:
@kgier: Some #Royals fans chanting "17" and others answering "38." They sure love their Fetty Wap.

What a bunch of cornballs. Fetty wap is soo asterisk bad

Can't put Schwarber there since he hasn't played enough and may not even be a catcher. I'd take Salvy over Norris and Vogt. Everyone else I agree with though. Especially Swihart eventually.

I understand Salvy over Norris, but Vogt is criminally underrated. His offensive numbers are great as a catcher and he's not too much worse a defender that Salvy. I guess I can understand Salvy over Vogt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom