2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially an even year. Let's see if the Giants will keep it going or someone will knock them off.

I saw Grichuk at the Texans game today.

I'm now convinced the Cardinals are stalking me :lol:

Last edited:
This should gotten many more laughs man. I nailed that one like Bonds in his prime. Astro fans alone should been giggling. :lol:

I wasn't sure I had it right. Couldn't remember if it was Stros clicking the Cards or vice versa, was afraid I was gonna screw it up. :lol:

J2 set that on a tee man, it was perfect. Thought for sure it would catch on, then, tumbleweeds. :frown: :lol:

Well, they do need a new way to get daily intel on the Astros.....
3e1gUE5.gif

166 HOF ballots tallied so far. (36.9%)

100.0% Ken Griffey
86.7% Mike Piazza
80.1% Jeff Bagwell
78.3% Tim Raines
62.0% Trevor Hoffman
58.4% Curt Schilling
53.0% Mike Mussina

*Need 75% to enter

I guess I should be happy about Raines and not complain about that clown Hoffman over Schilling and Mussina.

The 2016 Unsigned Free Agent Team
Pos Name WAR Dollars
C Michael McKenry 0.5 0.5
1B Chris Davis 2.5 20
2B Howie Kendrick 2.4 13
3B Juan Uribe 1.5 8
SS Ian Desmond 1.5 15
LF Alex Gordon 3.5 18
CF Denard Span 2.1 12
RF Yoenis Cespedes 3.1 22
DH Justin Upton 3.0 20
SP Wei-Yin Chen 2.7 13
SP Yovani Gallardo 1.7 14
SP Ian Kennedy 2.2 12
SP Mat Latos 1.8 11
SP Doug Fister 1.4 10
RP Tommy Hunter 0.2 5
RP Joe Blanton 0.9 4
RP Fernando Rodney 0.5 1
31.5 198.5
WAR: Projected 2016 Steamer WAR
Dollars: Crowdsourced AAV (estimates used for McKenry, Rodney)

Barry Svrluga ‏@barrysvrluga 31m31 minutes ago
Nats INF Ryan Zimmerman has filed suit against Al Jazeera America in the District. In document, categorically denies ever taking steroids.
He must not have done if it if he's actually following through with suing. We'll see.

Dan Haren:

I'm on an exercise bike, bored, so here are some things about my baseball career that come to mind......

I went into almost every start the last few years thinking... How the hell am I gonna get these guys out

There's was atleast 3-4 times I thought the team plane was gonna crash.

I would count out the days about a month in advance to see if I was gonna pitch in Coors field.

One of my favorite moment ever was hitting a homer off Chris carpenter. I took my time running the bases.

I gave up 11 runs in Toronto and got the win one time.

I had to take Imodium most days I pitched to plug myself up.

My only superstition was to make sure I had 2 glasses of wine the night before I pitched. This ties in with the Imodium,

I gave up so many homers cause I didn't wanna walk people. That and cause I threw 85 mph meatballs sometimes.

Why the hell did Bj Upton hit so many homers off me..... This probably ties into the last tweet as well. I did much better facing Melvin

I only hit like 5-7 people on purpose.

Sometimes when the count was 3-1, I would just throw it down the middle and hope for the best. People pop up in batting practice right

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saw that yesterday... The honesty was :lol:... I remember him being a great pitcher, and then dude just fell off the face of the earth :lol:...

Haren tweets :lol: there was a stretch of time where I wanted him to be a Yankee badly, but soon realized he wouldn't fair well at all at YS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom