2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ian Desmond the only free agent left attached to a draft pick that theoretically should've been signed by now? They should tell his story to every rookie. Never turn down a $100 million contract.

Is Ian Desmond the only free agent left attached to a draft pick that theoretically should've been signed by now? They should tell his story to every rookie. Never turn down a $100 million contract.
He said he was doing it for the shortstops that come after him :lol: sure, guy.

forgot about Dexter Fowler :lol:

Cubs essentially lose just Castro and Fowler and add Hayward, Lackey, Zobrist, and Adam Warren.

Hate to say it but Theo is a gawd :x .

He also only loses his first round pick, but pulled Eddy Julio Martinez, so that basically washes anyways.

(Provided Fowler does sign with Baltimore, giving us back our second round pick)

He said he was doing it for the shortstops that come after him :lol: sure, guy.
How much is he looking for these days? One year deal might be his best bet at this point.

How much is he looking for these days? One year deal might be his best bet at this point.
Not sure. He really messed up, but I'm glad he did. At the time I was a little upset he didn't agree to the deal, but he's declined offensively and defensively the last few years and he'll be 30 this season.

I figured San Diego would sign him, but not sure there's a good fit for him anywhere now besides possibly the White Sox. I just pray he gets signed before the draft.

only thing im excited about looking forward to this season for my team would be Aaron Nola. I think hes gonna be just as dominant this season buts its all we got lol

I have a ton of favorites too.  I guess the top of my favorites would be:

Jose Altuve

Jose Bautista

Giancarlo Stanton

Yu Darvish

Bryce Harper

Trout and Pujols
Verlander and Miggy
Starlin :frown:
Harper (since he was 16 and we all watched his Youtube highlights and marveled at his swing back then)
Kluber
Ichiro

One of those is a joke. :lol:

Trout and Pujols
Verlander and Miggy
Starlin :frown:
Harper (since he was 16 and we all watched his Youtube highlights and marveled at his swing back then)
Kluber
Ichiro

One of those is a joke. :lol:

CP don't lie. We know this is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom