2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about how classless John Gibbons and the Blue Jays continue to be? Maybe we'll wear skirts tomorrow? Maybe you should read the rule book and play the game the right way. Can't wait to see this franchise rot in obscurity. #ThankYouForThor

Yeaaa the Jays gotta go back to the bottom of the East sooner than later. Offense can only take them so far. I do like Osuna tho because of his age, 21 year old closer :x .

Can't believe how badly the Mets fleeced them with that trade.

Last edited:
Can we talk about how classless John Gibbons and the Blue Jays continue to be? Maybe we'll wear skirts tomorrow? Maybe you should read the rule book and play the game the right way. Can't wait to see this franchise rot in obscurity. #ThankYouForThor
hope some softball players speak on his sexist comment
Wait, are jimmies really rustled over this comment? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

For all you fat boys in this thread.

40% off Papa Johns with the code "papaslam"

just saw it on the front of mlb.com 
laugh.gif

12:11

Brad_in_NYC: Can we talk a second about Noah Syndergaard's 95mph slider yesterday? How crazy is that? It's not quite inventing a new pitch, but after all the talk (rightfully so) about Familia's 93mph splitter last year, how impressive is the uber-slider?

12:11

Dave Cameron: I wouldn't be entirely shocked if Syndergaard ended up as the best non-Kershaw pitcher in the NL this year. He might be better than Jose Fernandez at this point.

I know Matz is the weak link in that rotation, but who is projected to be the best out of Harvey, deGrom and Thor? Hell, throw Wheeler in there too.

Ironically if I'm making a playoff rotation, I'm swapping Harvey and Thor in my list. Love the idea of Thor in game 3.

Ironically if I'm making a playoff rotation, I'm swapping Harvey and Thor in my list. Love the idea of Thor in game 3.
That makes no sense 
laugh.gif

You want your best pitcher starting game 1. If you happen to get down 0-3, then your best pitcher would only get one start. 

If you're down 2 games to 0 would you rather have your third best starter go or your best starter?

This isn't like the Mets would be trotting out bums in games 1 and 2 anyway. It's 3 legit aces.

Last edited:
If you're down 2 games to 0 would you rather have your third best starter go or your best starter?

This isn't like the Mets would be trotting out bums in games 1 and 2 anyway. It's 3 legit aces.
but if you start your best pitcher in game 1, you might not be down 2-0  
laugh.gif

true though, the Mets situation is different. 

Yeah for sure. I mean you can start your ace Game 1 and still lose 1-0 or in the Mets case last year, have your closer blow it in the 9th :lol:

Thor
DeGrom
Harvey
Matz
Wheeler

I think this is fair but won't be surprised if Matz/Wheeler are swaped.

deGrom is my guy.
They could be, Wheeler had some control issues, but he was getting through them before the injury. Matz has a good feel for the game, but he's a little tender physically. Either way, when your 4 and 5 are better than most 3s, you're in good shape :lol:

laugh.gif

mean.gif

This Jays lineup aint nothin' to **** with. Matt Moore was cruising through 2...then Josh Donaldson cheat code enabled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom