2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: gimmie a break. I loved arod as much as anyone as a kid but dude was a HABITUAL cheater. Not once and learned from his mistake but kept it up for multiple years and got all that money along the way. The worst part may be the fact he didnt even need them with his natural abilities. Get his *** outa the league. Ready to be done with that whole generation of players with the exception of some.

You think players get caught once and stop? I don't. I think there's a lot of players in the league still using.

You think players get caught once and stop? I don't. I think there's a lot of players in the league still using.

Definitely are and would say same thing about them as do arod . Everyone is entitled to second chances but when youre caught multiple times I have absolutely no sympathy for you as an athlete and is pretty much straight up disgraceful. There needs to be a 2 strike rule in mlb. If caught after 1st time minimum 3 year ban.

You saying the same things about Ryan Braun?

Yes I did/am. What was especially terrible is he brought an innocent man down with him and slandered the hell out of his name. Like I said Im a firm believer in second chances and even a few more when it comes to actual life. Since that whole bs scenario Braun has shut his mouth been a positive in the community and played hard for a ****** team. If he gets caught again Ill be the first one to say get the hell out of town and the league for atleast 3 years.

Last edited:
If shooting steroids in my butt got me $400 million I too would be a roids user. Arod won at the end of the day, dudes fam is set for generations.

Do you think the Yankees released Arod before his contract ended so he wouldn't pass babe Ruth in career home runs as a Yankee?

Who gives a **** you still have to be a good hitter to achieve great things roids or not. Everyone for the last 20 years used roids. Blame Selig and the players association for allowing it.

If shooting steroids in my butt got me $400 million I too would be a roids user. Arod won at the end of the day, dudes fam is set for generations.

Exactly why there needs to be stiffer penalties and more financial consequences for these dudes.

The rewards is far greater than the risk with what is at stake. It could be the difference of suck on the minors riding a bus or landing a guaranteed contract.

I do think Selig enabled the cheating and turned a blind eye while the game was dying to bring it back to relevance. Sosa and McGwire put baseball back on the map. Selig then went on a witch hunt once he had the financials back on his side again.

Who gives a **** you still have to be a good hitter to achieve great things roids or not. Everyone for the last 20 years used roids. Blame Selig and the players association for allowing it.

This is such a stupid response. :rofl: Literally dumb.
How is it dumb when it's documented? Players union refused to give into steroid testing until congress got involved and selig didn't care since financially it changed baseball.

How is it dumb when it's documented? Players union refused to give into steroid testing until congress got involved and selig didn't care since financially it changed baseball.

"Everyone for the last 20 years used roids" This is completly ludicrous. Guess I should of been more specific.

I've heard coaches and ex players say that **** was all over the locker rooms during that era. It was normal. More than half of the league was on it.

That's just the era we watched. Just like there's an era of only white people playing in MLB. Just like the time period of people spitting and scuffing balls. There's always been an unfair advantage in baseball or skewed numbers.

I think if you used, your numbers should have to be higher than the standard to get in. Your requirements should be higher and you should have a * or a story placed by your name. Alex and Barry are HOFers. PEDs didn't make them hit 600+ HRs.

I've heard coaches and ex players say that **** was all over the locker rooms during that era. It was normal. More than half of the league was on it.

That's just the era we watched. Just like there's an era of only white people playing in MLB. Just like the time period of people spitting and scuffing balls. There's always been an unfair advantage in baseball or skewed numbers.

I think if you used, your numbers should have to be higher than the standard to get in. Your requirements should be higher and you should have a * or a story placed by your name. Alex and Barry are HOFers. PEDs didn't make them hit 600+ HRs.
Agreed 100%. Give a wing to the steroid era annotating it. Don't hide from history embrace it.

Do you feel better after getting that out?

Best two players I've ever seen is Alex and Barry. Hated how both of them were treated on their way out. Think everyone in the Sports section knows I'm a huge Yankees fan and an Alex fan.

I've just never seen such a big A-Rod fan, is all.

So many players were juicing, it's absolutely ridiculous to penalize certain players just because they were good :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom