2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rendering of the new Rangers stadium came out. Basically re building Minute Maid park [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Sounds like a few guys and I are going to road trip down to Arizona for Spring Training.  Should be a good time although 21.5 hours in a car 
laugh.gif

Wait, what's wrong with their current ballpark?

Nothing...

The fact that nearly every every single billion dollar sports stadium owned by billionaires are publicly paid for is disgusting :smh:...

The fact that in this country, 20 year old stadiums are considered "dated" and need to be replaced by billion dollar publicly funded stadiums is disgusting :smh:

And then we wonder why the rest of the world hates us

Nothing...

The fact that nearly every every single billion dollar sports stadium owned by billionaires are publicly paid for is disgusting
mean.gif
They fleeced the people of the city too... a lot were opposed. It's walking distance to JerruhWorld so they want a huge interactive business zone. 

Globe Life Park looks alot like Busch Stadium right now. It's a nice place sad to see it go.

In other AL West news:  Seth Smith for Yovani Gallardo. Pretty even for both teams

Apparently the Astros offered Martes, Kyle Tucker, David Paulina, and 2 more prospects for Archer...

And the Rays said no [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Apparently the Astros offered Martes, Kyle Tucker, David Paulina, and 2 more prospects for Archer...

And the Rays said no [emoji]129300[/emoji]
he's alive 
laugh.gif

man I wished I wasn't banned the past 2 seasons on here when we owned the Astros... I feel like that will change this year 
laugh.gif

The fact that in this country, 20 year old stadiums are considered "dated" and need to be replaced by billion dollar publicly funded stadiums is disgusting :smh:

And then we wonder why the rest of the world hates us
That's why the details of the contract for public money and sports venues are important. Sacramento just had the Golden 1 Center built where the public money is coming from subsidized parking spots and hotel surcharges that' are projected to hit somewhere around $235 million for the 35 year lease and if the funds come up short it is in contract that the private owners will cover whatever the shortage might be. No real money is being taken out of the city's general fund.

With that said, it is quite astonishing that AT&T Park was funded 100% owners' money. It's also astonishing that the park is only 16 years old and it is already completely paid off.

Out here playing in a slow pitch softball tournament against Grichuk. Dude just went 1-4 with 3 pop ups :lol:

Rendering of the new Rangers stadium came out. Basically re building Minute Maid park [emoji]128514[/emoji]

It does look a lot like Minute Maid.....

I've actually always liked Ballpark at Arlington... Sad to see it go

Last edited:
This coming spring/summer I vow to hit ballparks, at least around the East coast. I've been to Fenway (tour only), Camden Yards and PNC Park when I was younger.

I really wanna get to Wrigley when the Yanks go, I believe the first weekend of May.

This coming spring/summer I vow to hit ballparks, at least around the East coast. I've been to Fenway (tour only), Camden Yards and PNC Park when I was younger.

I really wanna get to Wrigley when the Yanks go, I believe the first weekend of May.
PNC park is beautiful. Need to catch a game there when the Dodgers visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom