2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you whittle it down to Walker's prime years, it looks even more insane.

From 1995-2002

Home: 1836 AB, 711 H, 144 HR, 463 RBI, 1349 TB, .387 BA, .460 OBP
Away: 1749 AB, 486 H, 92 HR, 287 RBI, 887 TB, .278 BA, .374 OBP

I didn't say that Coors feild wasn't a hitters park.

There are other hitters parks in baseball, but people take the Coors field thing too far.

If you go by park factors, Fenway Park favors right handed power even more than coores feild, Yankee stadium, favors left handed power more than Coors.

but I don't see people start handing out demeret points for that.

and again it's not like he was a trash hitter and got to coors feild. his last year in motreal he posted an identical wOBA as the next year in colorado.

The point pepole have yet to explain to me, if Vlad is a HOF how come Larry Walker isn't?

Vlad was terrible fielder and baserunner for like 90% of his career.

yeah, beyond the high light tapes of his young days and gunning down base runners.

look at the numbers, his range was poor, base running was poor.

he was pretty rickety running for most of his career. we only remmebr the young days.

Toronto unveils home Sunday alternates:

I don't like it

I didn't say that Coors feild wasn't a hitters park.

There are other hitters parks in baseball, but people take the Coors field thing too far.

If you go by park factors, Fenway Park favors right handed power even more than coores feild, Yankee stadium, favors left handed power more than Coors.

but I don't see people start handing out demeret points for that.

and again it's not like he was a trash hitter and got to coors feild. his last year in motreal he posted an identical wOBA as the next year in colorado.

Ok, Fenway benefits right hand hitters. Yankee stadium helps lefties.

Coors helps EVERYBODY. (except pitchers)

Arenado's splits? CarGo? Helton? Walker? The Big Cat? All dramatically better at Coors than the road.

How is this even arguable?

Ok, Fenway benefits right hand hitters. Yankee stadium helps lefties.

Coors helps EVERYBODY. (except pitchers)

Arenado's splits? CarGo? Helton? Walker? The Big Cat? All dramatically better at Coors than the road.

How is this even arguable?

I am NOT arguing that Coors field isn't a hitters park. :lol:

I'm telling you that people take the coors field thing too far, it's to the point where anyone who plays their isn't getting into the HOF unless they hit .400.

Jim Rice a one dimensional power hitter popped a whole bunch of homers over the green monster and no one says anything.

Larry Walker is an awesome all around player and some people dismiss him out of hand.

Profar has promise... only 24 with positional flexibility, but no way Dodgers do that trade 
laugh.gif

We'll take Toles + Verdugo 

Ken Griffey. OPS .956 Homer .860 Away.

Jim Rice. 920 Home. .760 Away

Ken Griffey played in the kingdome which I believe was a launching pad, right? Reds park is also a hitters park.

People just assume that Larry Walkers .870 road ops was his REAL OPS and the home is fake, and don't do that with any other hitters park.

Also most of his division is filled with major pitchers parks outside of Arizona right? Padres, Dodgers, Giants all are major pitchers park, further widening the GAP between home and away.

I used to believe Walker wasn't a HOFer but My mind has been changed.

Baseball-Reference.com has a statistic called AIR that indexes the combination of park and league offensive levels into one number to provide a measure of how favorable or unfavorable the conditions a player faced were, just as OPS+ or ERA+ adjust a player’s stats for his environment. According to the site's definition, AIR "measures the offensive level of the leagues and parks the player played in relative to an all-time average of a .335 on-base percentage and .400 slugging percentage. Over 100 indicates a favorable setting for hitters, under 100 a favorable setting for pitchers."

The top five in MLB history, minimum 4,000 PA :

1. Neifi Perez 5,510 PA 123 AIR
2. Todd Helton 9,453 PA 122 AIR
3. Vinny Castilla 7,384 PA 120 AIR
4. Dante Bichette 6,856 PA 117 AIR
5. Larry Walker 8,030 PA 116 AIR
5. Earl Averill 7,221 PA 116 AIR
5. Rip Radcliff 4,436 PA 116 AIR

^Not arguing it wasn't a hitters park.

Obviously Walkers is going to rank highlighy on that stat he played in the best hitters park during the biggest expansion of power and offence since the post deadball era. :lol:

Coors feild is a hitters park for everyone but you still hit L or R.

there are parks that favor one side of the plate more than others, if you are a right handed power guy in Fenway how is I don't think your numbers are going to be better in Coors feild, and sam for left handers at Yankee stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom