2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a sport that has a large fundamental following on value and advanced metrics, value, etc. it BAFFLES me how these teams continue to overpay ridiculous sums of money for players and dish out 10 yr contracts like its going out of style. My mind is blown. Mike Trout is gonna get like 280mill if this is the market, seriously, dude may push for 300. That is absolutely absurd for Seattle to give Cano that much money :rofl: Good for him though if they're paying who would say no? I'm still shocked by that deal. Crazy.

**** Jay-Z. Seriously hope he never goes to a Yankee game again.

But how dumb are the Mariners to even consider this? I thought they were one of the smart ones. Lol

marketability isnt the problem in seattle. will they win games? griffey, big unit, and ichiro were marketable but their teams also were winning for the most part
5 years from now, texas is gonna take on this contract :lol:

edit: didnt know cano is 31 y/o. (prob 34 in reality) YIKES

Last edited:
So much negativity...mixed with bitterness? :smh:

Crazy deal for the M's, but they badly needed to do something. They're not the Yankees, so they may never have another chance at getting a superstar player for another 20 years. Had to be done and hopefully Kemp looms.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: Feldman agrees with #Astros, three years, $30 million, pending physical.

Why god, why?

And spare me with the shots at Seattle. Cano is a man and made a decision. Money derived mostly, I know, but he's got the entire offseason to chase his Dominican's and Latina's. Baseball you're always on the road anyway, so no need to over-exaggerate him wilting in Seattle. Grow up.

^^its reasonable compared to these other deals. Jason bay got a similar deal. Lol. Juan pierre and gary matthews jr....

No bitterness from me. I'm happy he got the deal he wanted and the money he got.

I'm just also happy the Yankees didn't budge and didn't go another double digit contract.

I hope he does well there but never wins.

But, that comes from hating the Mariners in the 90's *shrugs*

No bitterness from me. I'm happy he got the deal he wanted and the money he got.

I'm just also happy the Yankees didn't budge and didn't go another double digit contract.

I hope he does well there but never wins.

But, that comes from hating the Mariners in the 90's *shrugs*

This. Seems like the yanks learned from A-fraud. Nothing to be bitter about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom