2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...So you're saying that when you're guarding someone like harden your feet should be closer together?

About shoulder width, slightly closer

When you have slower foot speed, it won't matter when the player is faster than you.
Also when you bite on the fake like he did, foot placement doesn't matter.

Foot placement definitely matters. If you actually have quick feet you have a better chance to recover with a narrower stance because it prevents you from overcommitting. Wide stance will leave you slumped

You're welcome

Nah it's all about where you put pressure on you foot that makes you quicker. Being narrow doesn't make you quicker. Also if you feet are closer together, and you throw your balance off, your slowing your self down.

You just can't ignore Roberson unlike tony Allen he can finish

Need to box him out too

Westbrook playing amazing and only down by 6 I'll take it

About shoulder width, slightly closer

I'd say shoulder width for sure. Anything closer and you fall against someone like harden. But you'd also wanna angle him off a bit. Force him one way or the other. Guarding someone like harden straight up, parallel is asking for diaster. Probably would wanna sit on his left a bit, push him right and gap him. Close enough to contest, but not so close that you get beat easily. #Analysis #CoachPCH

But in the NBA it doesn't really matter. None of these guys can be guarded 1v1. It's all about your help defense. Your team defense. Where are you pushing guys, where's the help coming from, etc.

Last edited:
Nah it's all about where you put pressure on you foot that makes you quicker. Being narrow doesn't make you quicker. Also if you feet are closer together, and you throw your balance off, your slowing your self down.

Go run with your feet as wide as possible and then do it again with a normal stance and tell me which was faster. You just can't move your feet as well with a wide stance, the ball handler can take two steps for every one you take and you're cooked. The narrower stance improves your mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom