2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 Kawhi at the 4 lol. Pop refuses to do it and idk why.

Kawhi at the 4 will completely take Zbo out of the game.

Match Kawhi up against Marc like GSW did a few years ago with Draymond. Marc just isn't going to dominate the matchup like he should.

It seems like Pop is married to his vets, though. Parker actually isn't having too bad of a series offensively, but his defense is atrocious. Manu is non existent. Memphis is giving him the Tony Allen treatment. I keep thinking he's going to break out of his slump, though. Maybe Game 5 is that game.
Manu is due for one.

I honestly wouldn't care if Murray started and Tony just had his minutes peeled back, and in close games Tony shouldn't be out there at all.

Another issue is the defense from the bigs and for this I was victim of the regular season. Gasol and Lee look helpless out there, especially my guy David Lee. It's Knicks Lee all over again.

might sound crazy, but they missed dedmond out there playing defense in the post
lma moves like he has cinder blocks on his feet. lee is too soft. gasol tries, but he just doesnt defend as well as he use to, and that was average at best. not going to cut it vs gasol/zbo

Last edited:
The narrative surrounding Stephs 2015 NBA Finals is crazy.

Guy finished that series with 26-6-5 on 44-39-89 and the last three games he averaged 24-5-6 on almost 50-40-90.

He was balling that series.
Just like we argue with Russ's triple double, it's just stats. Watching a lot of those games. He gets a bulk of those points when they're front running and in no threat of losing. But when it's crunch time that guy is absolutely nowhere to be found. Unlike the playoffs and regular season where he flat out destroys teams in crunch time.

Guy finished that series with 26-6-5 on 44-39-89 and the last three games he averaged 24-5-6 on almost 50-40-90.

No. He did all that "when the game was in hand"

laugh.gif

bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 Kawhi at the 4 lol. Pop refuses to do it and idk why.

Kawhi at the 4 will completely take Zbo out of the game.

Match Kawhi up against Marc like GSW did a few years ago with Draymond. Marc just isn't going to dominate the matchup like he should.

It seems like Pop is married to his vets, though. Parker actually isn't having too bad of a series offensively, but his defense is atrocious. Manu is non existent. Memphis is giving him the Tony Allen treatment. I keep thinking he's going to break out of his slump, though. Maybe Game 5 is that game.

Famb you are underrating draymond's ability to guard bigs.

Just like we argue with Russ's triple double, it's just stats. Watching a lot of those games. He gets a bulk of those points when they're front running and in no threat of losing. But when it's crunch time that guy is absolutely nowhere to be found. Unlike the playoffs and regular season where he flat out destroys teams in crunch time.

You need to rewatch that series. Guys were getting wide open looks because Cleveland was doubling Steph out to half court.

Numbers in the last 3 games of the 2015 finals were actually

28ppg
6apg
5rpg
2spg

On 49/45/86

All wins.....to close out the series and win a championship after being down 2-1. But "he doesn't show up in the finals" [emoji]128580[/emoji]

:lol:. He **** the bed last year though. No excuses.

I don't claim to be the foremost basketball expert but from what I saw Steph was doing all of that during impactful minutes. He should have really won the MVP to be real.

wavycrocket wavycrocket You're right. Just looked at my excel spreadsheet had a typo in the game 5 section.

Guys are tripping man.

Last edited:
I don't claim to be the foremost basketball expert but from what I saw Steph was doing all of that during impactful minutes. He should have really won the MVP to be real.
Iggy won it for what he did on both sides of the ball.

Lebron went god mode during that finals...but Iggy was able to get key stops on Bron when it mattered and really made him work. Without Iggy...Lebron himself may have pushed that series to 7 games and possibly won it. 

Last edited:

Lebron went god mode during that finals...but Iggy was able to get key stops on Bron when it mattered and really made him work. Without Iggy...Lebron himself may have pushed that series to 7 games and possibly won it. 
Exactly. Iggy took Lebron out when it mattered and that's the reason Kawhi won MVP the year before that.

Very true and I'm not mad at the choice. The only issue with Iggy winning mvp is that it contributed to the nonsense notion THAT Steph had a bad series

whats his rebounding numbers?

why is he still trying hard to get triple doubles? he got the record already just try to ******* win now smh

Very true and I'm not mad at the choice. The only issue with Iggy winning mvp is that it contributed to the nonsense notion THAT Steph had a bad series
Steph had a bad series for what he did during the regular season. With what he did during the regular season he should have went in routed them, especially with have Kyrie go out game one and no Love at all for the series. I get it they won, and you can give me those stats all day long, but what I saw was not the assassin I had saw all season and playoffs before that.

2015 ok. He had an average series at best last Finals though and sub par considering the season he had last year.

2015 ok. He had an average series at best last Finals though and sub par considering the season he had last year.
Thank you. This is what I'm saying. You can't have those regular season and playoff stats and dagger multiple games at the end and then have those two finals. I'm sorry, you won't convince me.

Sounds like a beautiful notion. If the Ws do unfortunately win it, can't wait for either Steph to not win FMVP again or KD being a tag along. Or even better neither one gets FMVP

Famb you are underrating draymond's ability to guard bigs.

Nah, I know he's great at defending the low post. But, I'm looking more at Marc not taking advantage of size mismatches. I've seen it on multiple occasions so its not a shot at Draymond. Its just a shot at Marc.

Sounds like a beautiful notion. If the Ws do unfortunately win it, can't wait for either Steph to not win FMVP again or KD being a tag along. Or even better neither one gets FMVP
If they get the chip, I wouldn't be surprised seeing the MVP go to Dray.

Thank you. This is what I'm saying. You can't have those regular season and playoff stats and dagger multiple games at the end and then have those two finals. I'm sorry, you won't convince me.

Wasn't his 2015 finals numbers better than his regular season numbers

Steph had a bad series for what he did during the regular season. With what he did during the regular season he should have went in routed them, especially with have Kyrie go out game one and no Love at all for the series. I get it they won, and you can give me those stats all day long, but what I saw was not the assassin I had saw all season and playoffs before that.

You sure about that. I mean, YOUTUBE does exist :lol:

To me....I judge a successful finals by the impact you had in the games your team WON!

Steph balled out in the games they won. And def had a good finals in 2015.

Last edited:

I could be reading what he said wrong but I'm pretty sure he's referring to LAST year's finals. 

As stated earlier...people are letting the first two games shape the narrative of the entire series. Delly "shut him down". He then goes on to bust Delly's *** for the rest of the series...but that's not a bigger story than the first 2 games.

lol all east teams going 7 games

well except the cavs who will have two weeks off before the start of the second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom