2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we swore Mudiay was athletic and he clearly isn't
****** watch HS highlight tapes going against boo boo competition boomin, doing crazy *** dunks then get exposed when they get to the next level. I got so many cases of this not even funny lol. There's still time for Young Mudiay doe

Last edited:
For real I laugh every time I hear a non black athlete complain about stereotypes. The NBA and a few positions in football are the only professions where being black gives you an advantage and if you're another race you might get stereotyped. In every other field it's flipped. Everyday black people deal with 100 false stereotypes soon as we walk out the door. If they are stereotyping white or Asians as "sneaking quick" or whatever that's nothing. There are way worse things to be stereotyped as and everyday black people go through it. They would not want to switch shoes.
I think this is what my point was.

Even if Jeremy Lin has a point...think about what it is we're talking about here. Sports.

That's the like the LEAST ******* most important thing on this earth to be complaining about stereotypes. Will it make you feel better to be given the same exact classification as John Wall? Like...who cares? Everyone in the NBA represents the 1% of the millions of ******* people all over the globe that aspire to play professional basketball. You belong to an EXTREMELY privileged fraternity. There's 5000 ****** in Southeast DC right now...that will GLADLY sign up for one of those stereotypes if it meant they got to be pro ballplayers. Jeremy Lin makes more money than quite a few "athletic" guards. 

Last edited:
C-bh4CTUIAASCw-

why son too the right of Russ look like Nemesis doh?

he a cyclops?

Last edited:
C-byiRTUAAAC07C.jpg

"John Wall was 'athletic,' and I was ‘deceptively athletic.'"
Jeremy Lin on male Asian-American stereotypes

lol tryna make it a race thing. you dont look athletic b. asian or not. you look clumsy af for some reason. it's you. not your race. Yi Julian was built like a tank when he came byke. actually looked the part of an athlete. there are plenty of black and white players that got that same classification.

For real I laugh every time I hear a non black athlete complain about stereotypes. The NBA and a few positions in football are the only professions where being black gives you an advantage and if you're another race you might get stereotyped. In every other field it's flipped. Everyday black people deal with 100 false stereotypes soon as we walk out the door. If they are stereotyping white or Asians as "sneaking quick" or whatever that's nothing. There are way worse things to be stereotyped as and everyday black people go through it. They would not want to switch shoes.

I think this is what my point was.

Even if Jeremy Lin has a point...think about what it is we're talking about here. Sports.

That's the like the LEAST ******* most important thing on this earth to be complaining about stereotypes. Will it make you feel better to be given the same exact classification as John Wall? Like...who cares? Everyone in the NBA represents the 1% of the millions of ******* people all over the globe that aspire to play professional basketball. You belong to an EXTREMELY privileged fraternity. There's 5000 ****** in Southeast DC right now...that will GLADLY sign up for one of those stereotypes if it meant they got to be pro ballplayers. Jeremy Lin makes more money than quite a few "athletic" guards. 

Yes.

If at your job the worse thing people call you is "Deceptively athletic" you'll live. :lol:

Cam Newton, Richard Sherman and many others have dealt with way worse.

.Yi Julian was built like a tank when he came byke. actually looked the part of an athlete. there are plenty of black and white players that got that same classification.
Perfect ******* example.

Came into the league looking like they made him in a lab somewhere and he was supposed to be an elite athlete.

1281093588_Eev39i.jpg

Patrick Beverly is considered "scrappy". Ain't nothing white on him but his teeth. 

J Lin is just making a simple observation over what we all know to be true in basketball. Lighten up fellas. I'm all for going in on the bs we go thru.....but this ain't it. Lin is not trying to play a "woe is me".....I

Dude is simply pointing out these stereotypes exist in basketball. That's all there is to it. Sheesh.

Lin is not trying to play a "woe is me".....

But...he is.

This is like is the 4th time he's had something to say about his perceived "disadvantages" being Asian in the NBA. JR Smith had to come out and say he wasn't racist to Jeremy Lin because dude tried to front like he was being treated differently. 

Lin's a cry baby.  I still remember him throwing a tantrum when the Rockets were courting Melo one summer and he whigged out that they used his precious No 7 on Melo mockups in a Rockets jersey.

J Lin is just making a simple observation over what we all know to be true in basketball. Lighten up fellas. I'm all for going in on the bs we go thru.....but this ain't it. Lin is not trying to play a "woe is me".....I

Dude is simply pointing out these stereotypes exist in basketball. That's all there is to it. Sheesh.

I never got the people who complained about people complaining lol.

If jlin felt that way, let him speak and open others up to his "struggles". Is his struggles worse than others in this country? No. Do people in america have the worse struggles in the world? No. So are you saying they shouldn't complain because they have it better than others in the world?

If jlin felt that way, let him speak and open others up to his "struggles". Is his struggles worse than others in this country? No. Do people in america have the worse struggles in the world? No. So are you saying they shouldn't complain because they have it better than others in the world?
Are we talking about basketball...or world struggle? 

Are we talking about basketball...or world struggle? 

We are talking about struggles in general & people who voice their opinions on their struggles.

I think deceptive means you're good at changing speeds
No, thNah, deceptive means someone looks at you and thinks you are one way but you are another way. You CAN use deception to sell a crossover or an in and-out, yes, but that isn't the way the word is being used in THIS context.

Agreed. I don't have an issue with what Lin is doing/saying.

Agreed. I don't have an issue with what Lin is doing/saying.

Tell someone his/her problems don't matter because they have it better than others is dumb af imo

would'nt nobody say **** about Lin if he didnt suck so back his first few yrs. Even now, hes just okay. Not really anybody you want on your team. And that has jack to do with race. there's hella black dudes I dont ever want to see in purple and gold. even in their spare time. Mmm mm, dont wear dat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom