2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every game of that Indy-Cavs series ended by no loess than 5 points
laugh.gif
,there's been some good series so far
Clips / Jazz was extremely lit even if it took years off my life

Gs going to kill everyone. Cavs included. Took a miracle for the Cavs to beat the warriors last year and the Cavs weren't the better team. They won the series by 4 points
Unless Durant turns into Harrison Barnes. It's a wrap.

Nah I'm being serious; 2018 this whole thing is coming apart and the roster will look completely different.

This crowd is funny, why are they still cheering
Really why? This the first time i've heard of this.
I fully expect Pau and Lee to opt into their options this offseason, then come off in 2018. Danny Green comes out, Tony Parker retires. We're going to have a ton of cap in 2018 regardless of what happens.

That's why people have opinions.

For you to think that the '01 Lakers cannot match up with length is mind boggling. Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Grant, Fox alone is about as imposing length-wise in the history of playoff teams. Not to mention all the teams they defeated in the playoffs en route to a 15-1 record all had length.

KD would get eaten alive by Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, Salley each and every time he'd touch the ball or try to maneuver from 17 feet in. He'd be stuck shooting threes all day and even then, Rodman would make him earn every shot attempt.

It would be bad news for Steph as well. You think Steph would get all those shots with JOE DUMARS and Isiah Thomas in his grill for 48 minutes? LOL.. And what would Curry do defensively against ultra quick Thomas? Dumars was the toughest defender Jordan ever faced. You seem to forget that.
I don't think you get it so lemme dismantle this one by one. This is just my opinion.

Joe Dumars and Zeke aren't the issue. Steph don't play 1v1 and neither do the warriors. Do you think Laimbeer, Mahorn Rodman, Salley, etc. can play out in space in a PnR once the warriors command a switch because they're going to PnR them to death? Probably not.

Defensively, you're using bias. Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, etc. aren't stopping KD in open space off of PnR and converely, they aren't scoring on the warriors either. Dumars and Zeke would be too small for the warriors and they would be a mess on that end.

And as far as the 01 lakers, if you really think Grant, Fox, Horry, and Shaq can match up with these warriors more power to you. The 02 Lakers for reference struggled with the 02 kings and the Warriors are like the 02 kings on steroids soooo...yeah.
Hell yeah DETROIT BAD BOYS can play out in space. Can you say that you watched the Bad Boys for an entire season plus playoffs bro? Youtube don't count.

Detroit won't need to score 120 because they are SO TOUGH IN INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM DEFENSE that they would keep the score in the 90s. You're severely underestimating what Detroit used to do - which was WEAR YOU DOWN MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. Heck these Warriors got worn down by Tristan Thompson, Lebron, Kevin Love, and Kyrie. What more with Detroit lol.

And you're argument about the '02 Lakers struggling against the Kings is weaksauce bruh. Ain't NOBODY not Draymond, not KD, not Steph, not a triple team gonna stop let alone contain PRIME SHAQ and KILLER KOBE before he became the Mamba! 

But that's your opinion right.  

Last edited:
Gs going to kill everyone. Cavs included. Took a miracle for the Cavs to beat the warriors last year and the Cavs weren't the better team. They won the series by 4 points
This is the blind faith I was talking about.

to be fair steph curry turned into eric snow last year so maybe the cavs got a chance

Dudes are looking like they'll hit triple digits before the 4th quarter :x

Last edited:
When people compare teams from different eras, are you using new rules or old ones that allowed handchecking and often ended up in 8 guys watching two guys go one on one? Not even the same type of game now.

When people compare teams from different eras, are you using new rules or old ones that allowed handchecking and often ended up in 8 guys watching two guys go one on one? Not even the same type of game now.
ok old guy. im sure you want them to shoot free throws underhanded still too

Right.

Since it's all made up anyway. How about we play the first half in 1987 and then the 2nd half in 2017. That should be interesting.  

Last edited:
If GSW breezes through the playoffs and dismantles the Cavs, then I'll give them and their hyped defense props. 

Until that happens, CLEVELAND is still the defending champs and GSW still hasn't found an answer for the King.

Remember, had Kyrie and Love played in their first Finals meeting, GSW would most likely be 0-2 in the Finals against Lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom