2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
WUT

There was a pretty big dropoff. Martin has never been a playmaker. He's always been one-dimensional.

Agreed, but Harden's role as 6th man was to carry the offensive load with Westbrook/Durant on the bench. The fact he could also play PG and was better at it than Westbrook is the reason why I say he didn't want to play behind him and essentially forced the trade out. Either that or Presti understood the situation and did Harden a favor.

Kevin Martin as a 6th man is just as effective as Harden as a 6th man and he wasn't needed to be a point guard with Reggie Jackson there. Never will I say Martin overall is a better playmaker or player overall.

I thought one of the few things we all agreed on was how stupid the Harden trade was. Nt letting me down this mother's day 2017
It was shocking but it really wasn't a bad trade for either team. It just worked out in Houston's favor long term.

Should be interesting watching Lebron Jr develop. For his sake I hope he doesn't receive the hate like his father. God knows y'all hate that dude with a passion.

I thought one of the few things we all agreed on was how stupid the Harden trade was. Nt letting me down this mother's day 2017
OKC the year after were the best team in the league by far and if Russ doesn't get hurt they could have won it all that year.

Multiple WCF appearances since that trade including the 3-1 lead to GSW last year.

The trade really ended up being not nearly as bad as it could of / should of been.

Do y'all really think San Antonio can steal a game? I dont see it at all

You really see Pop getting swept? Can't see that myself

they'll get one in SA. w's always have tough time in SA regardless of who is in uniform
then again, the suns did sweep them during the dantoni days and this w's team is on another level
Completely forgot about that Suns squad that went to the conference finals :lol:

Who knows but I think they get at least 1 game on them

They traded away a core piece of their team, a future MVP caliber player, who would drop a career high on them next year, for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, over money they could've afforded to pay him but didnt want to, but it wasnt a bad trade?

Back to the playoffs, I had Spurs/Warriors, and went with Warriors.

That was before Kerr.

I am no Mike Brown fan.

HOWEVA...

Zero experience Luke Walton stepped in and the Warriors were juuuuust fine. I don't know who is responsible for the Warriors system, but they really have built something special.

I trust that system more than I doubt Mike Brown.

I'd like to see Pau get another, but it won't be this year.

They traded away a core piece of their team, a future MVP caliber player, who would drop a career high on them next year, for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, over money they could've afforded to pay him but didnt want to, but it wasnt a bad trade?
In hindsight, yes. In 2012? No. People were high on Lamb as a draft pick with how he played alongside Kemba and again Martin was one of the most effienct scorers in the NBA at the time, just like Harden. Even got a top 10 lottery pick from the trade as well.

The two spurs wins came on opening night and the game in which everyone from the spurs and gsw rested.

Can literally take nothing from their meetings this season.

the final game they were getting blown out as well but came back to win.

you can take anything you want from the games. thats why they play the games whether it be just mentally or not

the final game they were getting blown out as well but came back to win.

you can take anything you want from the games. thats why they play the games whether it be just mentally or not
There's literally nothing the spurs can take away from the two wins they have against GSW this season.

Nothing.

Whether the spurs win or lose the series, nothing will have been gained from the regular season for either team.

thats your opinion

they might as well have not played the games huh???

why dont we just cancel the whole ******* season since shoeking thinks these games mean nothing?!?

Last edited:
Back to the playoffs, I had Spurs/Warriors, and went with Warriors.

That was before Kerr.

I am no Mike Brown fan.

HOWEVA...

Zero experience Luke Walton stepped in and the Warriors were juuuuust fine. I don't know who is responsible for the Warriors system, but they really have built something special.

I trust that system more than I doubt Mike Brown.

I'd like to see Pau get another, but it won't be this year.

mike brown defeating his mentor and former boss in Popovich and his former star player Lebron
The Kingslayer MIke Brown :pimp:

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the Spurs get more then one game. Would be shocked if Gs loses more than 2 games all playoffs.

Last edited:
You really see Pop getting swept? Can't see that myself

He's gotten swept before. This Spurs squad isn’t that talented especially compared to the Dubs. I said a gentleman's sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got swept.

[quote name="NobleKane"]is koala playing?[/quote]Popp said yeah.

Last edited:
Im probably opening myself up for JD to bring this post up in two weeks but I don't see any way the Spurs get swept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom