2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
pop needs to bench pau...what the hell does he bring against the warriors? 5pts, 2 rebs and terrible defense

what happened to dedmon? is he not a viable option?

spurs gonna take game 2 danny green 35 points

https://web.archive.org/web/2008061...MYSA111806.05C.BKNspurs.notebook.38e2352.html

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich criticized the NBA on Friday for warning Bruce Bowen about his defensive "tactics" and complained league officials are "trying to change the way my best defender plays."

"Tactics"

1312557644_bruce_bowen_kicks_wally_szczerbiak_in_the_face.gif

i see your bruce bowen flying kick and raise you a trevor ariza tony jaa knee

View media item 2435676

Now coming back from 3-1 down is a fluke?

Yea I'm out of this thread until tonights game :lol:

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Dubs fans...

Last edited:

No, I don't agree it was dirty, nor do I agree they won because of the injury. They could have comeback even with Kawhi out there hobbling after the first ankle roll from his own bench.
They definitely could have won, but I would still bet against it considering the size of the lead.

20 points at half, with that Offense isn't much tho, really. I know their 16-0 coincided with Kawhi goin down, but coulda/woulda come regardless. They had a layoff, rusty first half, came out gunning in half two.
Coulda/woulda can go both ways though. Could the warriors have come back if Kawhi was still out there possibly. Could the Spurs still have won the game without Khawhi yeah but i think we can all agree that if Kawhi was out there the Spurs would have had a better chance to hold out the win than without him.
They just beat Houston in OT and game 6 with out him, and everyone had the "better without Kawhi-System player hot takes at the ready" Then he goes down, and it kills all SA's chances of winning up 23? I guess I'm just havin a hard time keepin up with takes around the kitchen.
Yeah I don't know about other peoples takes I can only speak for myself. I would always favor the Spurs chances to hold onto a huge lead like they had with the best two way player in the game still out there and their current most important player. Plus I don't consider Kiwi a system player hes great.

never seen a franchise get so lucky with injuries and **** like this

all we can hope for is bron going super saiyan this year and durant folding like oragami in the finals
I guess you've never seen LeBron's historical path to the finals before.

Or the Robert Horry hip-check on Steve Nash and aftermath.

Get all the way out of here with that lack of historical perspective
I just started watching basketball 5 years ago

I just started watching basketball 5 years ago
For real?  Well in that case you should read about what happened with the Spurs vs. Suns hip check incident.  They've benefitted from plenty of cheap occurrences over the years.  That's what it takes to be a repeated NBA champion.

Also no one has ever had an easier path to the finals year after year than LeBron James.

There's a clip on twitter of Aldridge doing the exact same move to steph in the exact same game. Steph comes off a screen to shoot a 3 and LA steps right under him in a double move causing steph to fall down. The only difference is there's no foul called this time. Clearly it's still commonly used in the NBA so please quit crying! Face it dude had a bum ankle and had no business being on the court up 23.

For real?  Well in that case you should read about what happened with the Spurs vs. Suns hip check incident.  They've benefitted from plenty of cheap occurrences over the years.  That's what it takes to be a repeated NBA champion.

Also no one has ever had an easier path to the finals year after year than LeBron James.

Magic Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom