2017 NFL Draft Thread - **Please do not post spoilers during the Draft**

?

I hope im wrong just life I was wrong about bosa.. I thought bosa was limited to a 4-3 strong side DE, that you kick inside on longer downs.. or a 3-4 end after he gained a couple

9ers won for pulling offf a better version of the Browns/vikes Trent Richardson heist.. browns won for getting value, should have gone elsewhere than jabrill though.. in my opinion

Also OJ was a great look for tampa

Why I have hope in Barnett:
Barnett will have a better season than Garrett : hot take

did not really like my boys pick with King still on the board

watch GB or SEA take him 

Cian Fahey‏Verified account @Cianaf 16s17 seconds ago
Past two drafts teams have given up multiple first round picks for:
Goff
Wentz
Mahomes
Watson

Teams are panicking.

No where near that simple.. and he's supposed to be a guy all about details.. but he said this somewhat recently too:

View media item 2418314

It is that simple. Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, none of them remotely top 10-20 players, and teams giving up multiple picks to reach for them.

At least Watson can claim to be one of the best in the sport.

KC just gave up multiple picks for a kid to hold a clipboard. Pathetic. They aren't some rebuilding team.

Cleveland added Garrett, Peppers, Njoku AND added a #1 next year. You wanna keep saying it's worth it cuz QB, go ahead, it's a terrible plan, idea, and gonna cost people jobs. And I have faith in Reid and Bob, still stupid. Draft a deeper 52 and get a QB later and coach that kid up with more talent around him.

KC coulda taken Foster at 27 (a top 5-10 guy) and Kizer tomorrow, how would that be worse? Teams stay grasping moronic QB picks and letting better players fall into the laps of better teams, every year. :smh:

It is that simple. Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, none of them remotely top 10-20 players, and teams giving up multiple picks to reach for them.

Wentz and goff have played 1 year.. mahomes hasn't played in the league yet

If the 2016 NFL draft is re-done right now, wentz is going top 10, easily.. Conklin who also was a question within the top 10, is a lock as well

Bosa, who people had questions about and folks thought he had his limitations.. all of that is gone

Keanu Neal isn't viewed as a reach by the falcons

Cian Fahey‏Verified account @Cianaf 16s17 seconds ago
Past two drafts teams have given up multiple first round picks for:
Goff
Wentz
Mahomes
Watson

Teams are panicking.

No where near that simple.. and he's supposed to be a guy all about details.. but he said this somewhat recently too:

View media item 2418314
At least Watson can claim to be one of the best in the sport.

Based on doing the same things as these guys?

View media item 2418333

You wanna keep saying it's worth it cuz QB, go ahead

When or where did I ever say something this simple?

KC just gave up multiple picks for a kid to hold a clipboard. Pathetic. They aren't some rebuilding team.

So Green Bay was wrong for taking Rodgers?

Or teams are wrong for limiting the roles of high picks until the team feels they are ready?

Maybe Andy just figures for the team to go further he needs better at QB.. and for the 2nd time Alex got a year til he's replaced.. Reid has a buffer to prepare mahomes like he did with mcnabb and intended to do with kolb

there is no straight forward simple answer for any of this.. for certain teams, I could understand certain moves.. for others it would make zero sense

KC is a very solid team, but we all joke about their limitations.. and those primarily gotta do with Alex smith.. same goes for broncos and texans

I've said repeatedly, if I were running the Browns I would go Garrett and Oj at 1 & 12.. avoid QB until next draft.. the team has too many holes

Pats trading their 1st for cooks, I got that.. if the browns did it, not so much

Did GB trade half a dozen picks for Rodgers?

I have no idea how many other picks Green Bay had in that draft.. I have no idea what draft picks the chiefs have

However I can speak on the eagles, we traded 5 picks to the browns for 2 picks in return

Every team is allotted 7 picks per draft, before the league gives out compensatory picks

Eagles selected 8 players in the 2016 draft, inclusive of wentz.. we have 8 picks in this draft.. currently we have 8 picks in the 2018 draft

Last edited:
I don't see the harm in trying to lock up a "franchise" qb potentially that you can develop. Chiefs are at their ceiling mostly because of smith.

Depends how bad they are. Riddick made a good point that your really only drafting these guys for what they are going to do for you during their first contract. The only position you should really be thinking really long term with is QB.
Leonard Williams had shoulder concerns as well. With a DL as ****** as the Skins have, it was worth the risk.

Can't wait to take more project o-linemen in the later rounds /s. Those in the know- is there anyone I should expect can help the line next year?

@barstoolsports @BarstoolBigCat I guess you could say my Dad didn't like Bears trading for Trubisky pic.twitter.com/e6zS2ymonZ
— Brady (@BradyCraw32) April 28, 2017
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
As a Bears and Bulls fan.. This is soo damn accurate.
mean.gif

Bulls traded 3 picks to move up to take Doug McDermott smfh...

Yesterday I was flabbergasted at the pick (more so for the price they gave up) today I'm like whatever. Bears haven't had a Pro Bowl QB in 31 seasons. That's longer than I've been alive. If Mitch ends up being the goods then it was all worth it. Talk is they moved up cause of the Browns were trying to get into that #2 slot for em.

It is what it is . Only time will tell, but you cant hit on a QB unless u draft a QB and they fell in love with Mitch.... which scares me or could mean good things.

God we suck

Need lamp, robinson, mixon and any qbs off the board quick
I have to imagine the Seahawks didn't like lamp if they traded out of the pick twice considering how desperate our need is.  Which means he'll probably end up being a solid starter at G for a decade for a rival.

Need lamp, robinson, mixon and any qbs off the board quick
I have to imagine the Seahawks didn't like lamp if they traded out of the pick twice considering how desperate our need is.  Which means he'll probably end up being a solid starter at G for a decade for a rival.

Yea.. ill never get yall when it comes to oline

Between yall and green bay, yall make some moves that make me wonder.. just passing on guys in trades or FA thst could clearly help at positions of need.. and yall both are clearly in win now mode

This was the weakest OL class in a long time though. Giants are desperate for some and we didn't take any. All offseason they've talked about how bad it is. The cat Denver drafted has a lot of issues and is just learning the game so he's a huge risk as well.

GIANTS BETTER ****** MOVE UP AND GRAB COOK

Last edited:
This was the weakest OL class in a long time though. Giants are desperate for some and we didn't take any. All offseason they've talked about how bad it is. The cat Denver drafted has a lot of issues and is just learning the game so he's a huge risk as well.

GIANTS BETTER ****** MOVE UP AND GRAB COOK
It's funny when I saw him get picked up my instant reaction was "this guy looks 100% like a Seahawks pick."  Athletic but totally raw, mistake/penalty prone, reclamation project with a rough personal life.  Right up Tom Cable's alley 
laugh.gif
Yea.. ill never get yall when it comes to oline

Between yall and green bay, yall make some moves that make me wonder.. just passing on guys in trades or FA thst could clearly help at positions of need.. and yall both are clearly in win now mode
Some of it is bad luck (Unger and Okung were both good players who had a lot of injury issues).  Part of it is also that Tom Cable likes raw project players that he can coach up...  But he seemingly has no idea what he's doing so it always ends in disaster.  Even when the line was OK (SB winning year) they were constantly committing penalties.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom