2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving back to the city and literally tossed like 50 cds today

it felt weird but I have become a victim of streaming

The problem with CDs IMO is that they don't offer much value other than sentimental. They don't provide the same depth and richness of sound that vinyls do, and they aren't anywhere close to accessible the way streaming music is. They're the middle child of music storage.

C-JIJlcUAAAr2gg.jpg:large

@CP1708
finnns2003 finnns2003
@a55a5in11

The problem with CDs IMO is that they don't offer much value other than sentimental. They don't provide the same depth and richness of sound that vinyls do, and they aren't anywhere close to accessible the way streaming music is. They're the middle child of music storage.

buying vinyl is the one thing I've been fighting most of my life, I know it's the superior medium but I also know I would spend all my money collecting

buying vinyl is the one thing I've been fighting most of my life, I know it's the superior medium but I also know I would spend all my money collecting

I was exposed to how great vinyl listening can be last year. Truly was stunning to listen to some tracks I'd heard before digitally or on CD just sound new again on vinyl. I think jazz in particular sounds great on a vinyl player.

But yeah, it's an expensive medium to collect. I'd only go for records I really like.

paying $10 a month for streaming service and downloading as much as you want >

I legit used to spend like $200+ a month on music

View media item 2264545View media item 2264544

Read an article a while back about how Vinyl today doesn't sound the same as it used to. Can't remember if it was because the Vinyl isn't being pressed right now or what but it's not as great as people think it is.

Streaming is easier and cheaper but I got hundreds of CDs and majority of them are on my Mac and on my iPhone so it's just as convenient and I got mad **** Apple Music and Spotify doesn't have.

Just seen the thread title. Y'all can't mention me and not mention Timbs.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to learn more about how a vinyl being pressed today isn't of the same quality as previous vinyls. I feel like I don't buy that, but can't say I'm an expert.

I'm an idiot so I don't remember much about the article but it was a good read. The main point that stuck out is they're not pressing them right because the machines they used to make Vinyl were mostly destroyed because Vinyl was basically dead. Then the demand went through the roof again and they didn't have the proper machines to make them so they cut corners. There was also some mention of the technology. The amps or the turntable or something actually decreasing the quality. I can't remember it, sorry to bring this half *** information to you.

Last edited:
:lol: at still paying for music. Last CD I bought was The Recession.

Streaming and downloading >>>

I still have my old CD collection though. Most are still original purchases. I remember when I went to get Wu-Tang Forever at the midnight release then stunting the next day in school with it... Lol

View media item 2414074

:lol: at still paying for music. Last CD I bought was The Recession.

Streaming and downloading >>>

I still have my old CD collection though. Most are still original purchases. I remember when I went to get Wu-Tang Forever at the midnight release then stunting the next day in school with it... Lol

View media item 2414074

the game is to be sold, not to be told :smokin

Only recently (few months I'd say) did I opt for using my iPhone + streaming at the gym. I'd always bring my iPod with me, but not having to carry two devices with me really made the most sense.

I still remember the iphone coming out, and me thinking why tf would anybody want an ipod touch with a phone attached to it :lol:

Bill Polian is on his high horse once again...

@MikeFreemanNFL: Bill Polian just said something staggering. He said no player who tested positive for pot at the combine ever succeeded in the NFL.

0ap2000000085111_gallery_600.jpg

Not to mention dudes like Leveon or Von who are the best at their position and tested positive later in their careers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom