2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmy went to college for 4 years and still became a 5 time NBA champion
Won the NBA championship at 1999 with an aging David Robinson in his 2ND SEASON
LeBron needed D Wade and Bosh to win his first championship

Duncan is the superior anchor and team leader.

Last edited:
Won the NBA championship at 1999 with an aging David Robinson

c'mon fam.

you're acting as if duncan won ships by himself..

pop, ginobili, parker, robinson, kawhi. All HOFers/All NBA players. And arguably the greatest coach ever. 

Duncan got carried in his last final. 

To say that he's better than lebron is a bit of a reach. 

You're basing it off of rings? That's a team accomplishment bruh.

Last edited:
[thread="660753"]Quote:[/thread]

c'mon fam.

pop, ginobili, parker, robinson, kawhi. All HOFers/All NBA players. And arguably the greatest coach ever. 

Was LeBron ever the number 1 guy in the Finals during his Heat days?
Please, during clutch time, Wade and even Bosh would take over for at least 70% of the possession while LeBron just camps at the three point line.

Duncan was always that focal point of the San Antonio system on offense and defense. Even in his last championship, he was still the main guy on defense even though the offensive duties were shared with Kawhi and Parker.

And your original question was that if I would take Duncan over LeBron as a team leader. My answer is HELL YEAH, Duncan was more clutch than LeBron.

Is Ginobili really a hall of famer?
individual stats won't get him in the hall. 

But since he played a pivotal role on those mid 2000's spurs teams he'll get in.  and most likely be a first ballot HOFer. IMO it's deserved.

A lot of spurs fans feel that pop held him back in his prime. Never really gave him the role as a starter, couldn't truly showcase his ability.

I swear, young rich cats like space only slandered Timmy D cuz he has less sportscenter highlights than LeBron and Kobe.
Dude was a great player and leader on the court. Basketball IQ and fundamentals were off the charts.

[thread="660753"]2017 Nfl Off Season Thread Buc Em V Kaepnited States/14250#post_28154463​[/thread]

c'mon fam.

Please, during clutch time, Wade and even Bosh would take over for at least 70% of the possession while LeBron just camps at the three point line.

Duncan was always that focal point of the San Antonio system on offense and defense. Even in his last championship, he was still the main guy on defense even though the offensive duties were shared with Kawhi and Parker.

And your original question was that if I would take Duncan over LeBron as a team leader. My answer is HELL YEAH, Duncan was more clutch than LeBron.
Uh, do you not remember game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals when Ray allen hit the shot to send it to OT? who lead the team back into the game? Lebron put up 32, 11 and 10. Dude exploded in the 4th.

Just because he doesn't take the last shot doesn't make him clutch. MJ and other great players have deferred to teammates plenty of times in big moments.. Why is it that only Lebron gets fault for doing so.

and No, in duncan's last championship he was not the main guy on D. 
laugh.gif

Kawhi did a number on lebron, shut him down. While duncan was limping up the court sucking wind. I mean dude was old. chill with that revisionist history.

I asked you if you had the choice between lebron or duncan to be the face of your franchise. 

With duncan, other variables will need to be in tact for him to be successful (coaching, PG play, role players). We've seen lebron have NONE of that (first stint with Cleveland) and still win 50-60 games and take a squad full of below average players to the finals. 

Last edited:

[thread="660753"]​[/thread]

c'mon fam.

Uh, do you not remember game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals when Ray allen hit the shot to send it to OT? who lead the team back into the game? Lebron put up 32, 11 and 10. Dude exploded in the 4th.

Just because he doesn't take the last shot doesn't make him clutch. MJ and other great players have deferred to teammates plenty of times in big moments.. Why is it that only Lebron gets fault for doing so.

and No, in duncan's last championship he was not the main guy on D. :lol:  

Kawhi did a number on lebron, shut him down. While duncan was limping up the court sucking wind. I mean dude was old. chill with that revisionist history.

I asked you if you had the choice between lebron or duncan to be the face of your franchise. 

With duncan, other variables will need to be in tact for him to be successful (coaching, PG play, role players). We've seen lebron have NONE of that (first stint with Cleveland) and still win 50-60 games and take a squad full of below average players to the finals. 
1999 NBA Championship season
Like I said, bombed on nick. nick. 's team with an aging David Robinson and a bunch of nobodies

Well we will see when LeBron is 38 and can still have a decent impact like Duncan had in 2014.

probably going to a party next saturday

someone point me in the direction of the nicest romper out right now

[h1]CALVIN JOHNSON SAYS HE DIDN'T LIKE WAY LIONS TREATED HIM ON WAY OUT[/h1]

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19432042/calvin-johnson-says-way-lions-treated-way-out

**** the Lions!!!! They don't a HOFer like CJ.

More relevant than the Lions world class pettiness are his comments on concussions

@ProFootballTalk:
Calvin Johnson sure does have a lot to say this weekend. His comments on concussions will raise eyebrows

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-concussions-i-hid-from-the-doctors/related/

It won't be on sports talk shows or in public discussion since it didn't come out of Giselle's mouth but dude says matter of factly that of course he hid concussions from team doctors and I'm 150% sure he's not even close to being the rare case like that...

Shows just how tough, if not impossible, it's gonna be for the league and teams to effectively police this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom