2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RapSheet #Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater had a positive visit to his doc in Dallas, sources say. He got the thumbs-up to progress in rehab & move side-to-side
Hopefully its not over yet for Teddy

Smoked Turkey for the holidays :smokin

The first time I ever host, I'm doing this.

you wont regret it, dont think I can ever put one back in an oven

Teddy's progression has been great. Just pray for no setbacks.

I believe it with the smoked turkey.

DAoFOrXXsAEqLPX.jpg:large

tumblr_ofesrad11Z1qmojdno1_250.gif

What the **** have the Raiders done in Calvin's time in the NFL that justifies them being a better franchise than the Lions?

Why are we limiting the question to Calvin's time in the NFL?

:lol:

Because that's a relative bracket of time specific to the career span with which Johnson played in.

I said the Raiders are a great franchise. I didn't qualify that by saying the Raiders were great when Calvin played; obviously they were not. But what is clear is that the Raiders and the Lions are very different in what each has and has not accomplished.

What the **** have the Raiders done in Calvin's time in the NFL that justifies them being a better franchise than the Lions?

Because that's a relative bracket of time specific to the career span with which Johnson played in.

I said the Raiders are a great franchise. I didn't qualify that by saying the Raiders were great when Calvin played; obviously they were not. But what is clear is that the Raiders and the Lions are very different in what each has and has not accomplished.

True, but not imperative to the now or in that case, the then. The Browns were once a great franchise just as the Patriots were once the laughing stock. History has a way of diluting current reality just as a most recent perception eclipses previous understandings, so it's hard to equate those opinions with relevance in sports when era's are probably more suitable.

With that and in regards to Calvin Johnson, who cares about the Raiders' overall history besides their fans?

Last edited:
Technically that "Browns" team aka the Ravens now are still pretty good.

The Browns reboot have been a travesty though

True, but not imperative to the now or in that case, the then. The Browns were once a great franchise just as the Patriots were once the laughing stock. History has a way of diluting current reality just as a most recent perception eclipses previous understandings, so it's hard to equate those opinions with relevance in sports when era's are probably more suitable.

Okay, let's get specific then:

The Raiders went to the Super Bowl in the last 16 years; I don't even want to look up when the Lions last did that. The Raiders were garbage for something like 13 years after that, but aren't anymore. The Lions were just as trash for much of that same period and are now an adequate team. I also think it's fair to say that the Raiders are built to last with multiple long term pieces plugged in. Can the Lions say the same thing? I don't know.

I would take the Raiders + Reggie + Mack + Carr over what the Lions have going forward.

Pretty see Calvin would too.

Okay, let's get specific then:

The Raiders went to the Super Bowl in the last 16 years; I don't even want to look up when the Lions last did that. The Raiders were garbage for something like 13 years after that, but aren't anymore. The Lions were just as trash for much of that same period and are now an adequate team. I also think it's fair to say that the Raiders are built to last with multiple long term pieces plugged in. Can the Lions say the same thing? I don't know.

The Raiders literally haven't done **** since being embarrassed in the Super Bowl. I would rather not make it that to make it and get embarrassed by my old coach.

The Raiders are under such ****** ownership the team is moving.

I need to know what great players the Raiders have locked up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom