2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea-Pirlo-Juventus-Champions-League_2890951.jpg

:pimp: :pimp:

So we just acting like Messi isn't a 5 time Balon dor winner, 4 time CL winner, 8 time La Liga champion, and a 16 time top scorer across all competitions he's played in?

K

Winning all those accolades and trophies in 2 different countries and leagues >

GOAT goalscorer at the very least

Last edited:
Winning all those in 2 different countries and leagues >

I disagree I think the whole proving you can do it in multiple leagues is a weak argument. 

How is that weak when it proves that it doesn't matter where dude is to flourish?

Mans level hasn't dropped in over a decade and has dominated in both biggest leagues in the world,almost no one can say the same. That's some legacy on top of being the all time goalscorer in Europe overall

Last edited:
people just use it as a cop out for ronaldo..

almost inferring that if messi decided to leave barca and play in the prem he would suddenly become average 
laugh.gif

Winning all those in 2 different countries and leagues >
I disagree I think the whole proving you can do it in multiple leagues is a weak argument. 
How is that weak when it proves that it doesn't matter where dude is to flourish?

Mans level hasn't dropped in over a decade and has dominated both biggest leagues in the world,almost no onje can say the same
Ronaldo is amazing and one of the best to do it second best of this generation no doubt.

I'm saying its a weak argument to use that as the reason he is better than Messi. We watch EPL week in and week out and ive seen nothing that would make me think Messi couldnt do to those clubs and players what he does in La Liga. if Messi ever played in the EPL he  wouldn't be exposed he would be just as great also he doesn't need to prove he can do it in EPL he is already on and been apart of one of the best teams in the world it wouldn't make sense for him to leave that and his best chance at winning to prove to some fans that he can do it in multiple leagues.

Plus accolades aside just watching the two play for years its obvious Messi is better. 

I would understand the argument if the EPL was miles better in quality of play than La Liga but its not if we are being honest

Ron bossed it in the EPL's prime though,when their teams were making noise in Europe each year and were the top dogs at the time before La Liga took a stranglehold on the game

people just use it as a cop out for ronaldo..

almost inferring that if messi decided to leave barca and play in the prem he would suddenly become average :lol:

Really don't mean it as a slight to la pulga,he'd most likely boss it anywhere too but it's just rewarding CR7 for what he's actually accomplished in 2 different footy cultures

Last edited:
Armada Armada

In terms of the all around player and being skilled at just about everything you can do on the pitch in general I'll agree that it's Messi >. Ron is the GOAT goalscorer though,a more than worthy heir of the Ronaldo name

Last edited:
@An Armada

In terms of the all around player and being skilled at everything you can do on the pitch in general I'll agree that it's Messi >. Ron is the GOAT goalscorer though
I can rock with that and thats pretty much the general consensus. But that perception could change depending on how much longer Ronaldo plays and ups his Champions League goal tally. Messi is younger and in theory has more time pass him in all time champions league goals. (not to mention he has the record for most goals scored in a year already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom