2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@the collector

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
wizards-jersey-png.1949981

who has an iphone :nerd: i can multi quote on my laptop but still cant multi quote on mobile. halp.

banetimetogomobile.gif

that could be a loaded statistic. the average ex-NFL person that dies isn't donating their brain, right? it's mostly the guys who dealt with actual head issues, right? i could be totally wrong, but that's the first thing i'll look for in that article :lol:

In the link in the article to the actual study it says this
Key Points
Question What are the neuropathological and clinical features of a case series of deceased players of American football neuropathologically diagnosed as having chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)?

Findings In a convenience sample of 202 deceased players of American football from a brain donation program, CTE was neuropathologically diagnosed in 177 players across all levels of play (87%), including 110 of 111 former National Football League players (99%).

Meaning In a convenience sample of deceased players of American football, a high proportion showed pathological evidence of CTE, suggesting that CTE may be related to prior participation in football.

I'm not letting my son play football.

My parents didn't want me playing when I went into HS, I was furious but I understand now.

I'm not letting my son play football.

My parents didn't want me playing when I went into HS, I was furious but I understand now.

Soccer and baseball..

I recommend swimming just because of the obvious (learning the ability to swim) and it's great for lung capacity

But really you need something where they learn how to run properly and then hand eye coordination.. could do whatever they want after that

hahahhaha, polo :pimp:

I ran track and wrestled.

If you ran track, you're Gucci then.. I would only recommend track earlier just because most people have terrible technique

It's almost like swimming.. where folks might know, but they don't really really know

But you could tech your kid proper tech til they get in like mid school

Soccer and baseball..

I recommend swimming just because of the obvious (learning the ability to swim) and it's great for lung capacity

But really you need something where they learn how to run properly and then hand eye coordination.. could do whatever they want after that

soccer is definitely on the list, as well as swimming.

Also need an impact sport for bone density development, soccer has it, but it's not like basketball or football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom