2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evans won play of the year for that catch. Hell of a catch is an understatement.

Last edited:
Hope Bosa is still bitter and opts out the first chance he gets
laugh.gif
We'll be waiting with open arms once Houston washes out 
devil.gif

I mean he is arguing John Wall is a better "all-around player" than Steph Curry in the NBAthread, so there's that :lol:

Also you could easily point out, the fact that Calvin was the LONE playmaker on his team with virtually no running threat for YEARS, teams would double and triple cover him, UNLIKE Mr. Irvin who had Troy Aikman, and just some random guy who is the NFL's all-time leading rusher named... um....uhhhh..... Emmitt Smith?

The NBA thread agreed with me. They admitted Wall was better in more areas then Curry except scoring. Not my fault they aren't smart enough to realize the definition of all around game. Magic Johnson agrees. I guess he doesn't know anything about the PG position though. NT knows more. Shrugs

Moss, TO, and Rice never got the benefit of playing in the "pass happy era" the majority of their careers but are still better than irvin. 
laugh.gif
Moss best season was what year again? Rice or TO aren't better then Irvin either.

Here's the part you guys refuse to grasp...

Irvin was nicknamed "The Playmaker" due to his penchant for making big plays in big games during his college and pro careers

Calvin, TO and Moss made a lot of great catches. Irvin was making THEE catches. Dallas wouldn't have a dynasty without him showing up in the clutch time and time again.

Clutch catches on a dynasty > great catches in week 7.
T.O and Rice not better than Irvin? LOLLLLL

Moss best season was 03. Not 07.

I don't give a damn about what a dudes nickname was. seriously man.. a nickname as an argument? son.. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Calvin has the most yards ever in a ******* season. That doesn't mean anything to you? Lead the league in yards two consecutive seasons. Most WR's can never claim that.

Calvin played 8 seasons in the league and has better numbers than Irvin who played 11.

So yea, you're argument about the nickname, era, dynasty, etc. IS INVALID.

Last edited:

I mean he is arguing John Wall is a better "all-around player" than Steph Curry in the NBAthread, so there's that 
laugh.gif

Also you could easily point out, the fact that Calvin was the LONE playmaker on his team with virtually no running threat for YEARS, teams would double and triple cover him, UNLIKE Mr. Irvin who had Troy Aikman, and just some random guy who is the NFL's all-time leading rusher named... um....uhhhh..... Emmitt Smith?
The NBA thread agreed with me. They admitted Wall was better in more areas then Curry except scoring. Not my fault they aren't smart enough to realize the definition of all around game. Magic Johnson agrees. I guess he doesn't know anything about the PG position though. NT knows more. Shrugs
Magic said Wall was good. NEVER did he EVER compare him to Curry!

In fact Magic tweeted this just last season 
laugh.gif

@StephenCurry30 has a chance to be the greatest player we've ever seen, if he plays at this level for the next 4-5yrs!
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) February 28, 2016
....and no one the NBA thread didn't agree with you. Wizards fans didn't even agree 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
T.O and Rice not better than Irvin? LOLLLLL

Moss best season was 03. Not 07.

I don't give a damn about what a dudes nickname was. seriously man.. a nickname as an argument? son.. :lol: :smh:

Calvin has the most yards ever in a ******* season. That doesn't mean anything to you? Lead the league in yards two consecutive seasons. Most WR's can never claim that.

So yea, you're argument about the nickname, era, dynasty, etc. IS INVALID.

That's the difference right there. You say Calvin had the most yards in a REGULAR SEASON.

I value this more...

In 1992 and 1993, Irvin was a key player on the Cowboys' Super Bowl teams. In 1994, he enjoyed another stellar campaign with his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl season, but that year the Cowboys lost to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. For his part, however, Irvin had one of the most productive games in NFL playoff history, with 12 catches for an NFC championship record 192 yards and two touchdowns.

One of his greatest performances was in Super Bowl XXVII, where he caught seven passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns. His two touchdowns catches were both in the second quarter and occurred in a span of just 18 seconds, the fastest pair of touchdowns ever scored by one player in Super Bowl history. He also became only the second player ever to score 2 touchdowns in one quarter of a Super Bowl, after Washington ******** wide receiver Ricky Sanders in Super Bowl XXII.

TO not getting in:smh: If he get in next that would be one hell of a class. Ray Lewis,Moss and Urlacher
I don't see them letting Urlacher and Ray in at the same time. I think ray is a definite first ballot (I'm biased being a ravens fan) but it would be uncharacteristic of the committee to let two mlbs from the same Era in at the same time. Not to take anything away from Urlacher. He will definitely get in eventually

Magic said Wall was good. NEVER did he EVER compare him to Curry!

In fact Magic tweeted this just last season :lol:

@StephenCurry30 has a chance to be the greatest player we've ever seen, if he plays at this level for the next 4-5yrs!

— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson)

February 28, 2016

....and no one the NBA thread didn't agree with you. Wizards fans didn't even agree :lol:  

You don't understand the definition of all around game either apparently. It means different aspects of a players game. Curry is the better scorer and Wall is better at everything else. If that doesn't make him ALL AROUND better then what the hell is your definition of all around game then?

Proud of Matt Ryan when we drafted him I would have never guessed he would be a league MVP one day. Very happy for him but the big one, the most important trophy is on the line tomorrow.
Pats by 400

Proud of Matt Ryan when we drafted him I would have never guessed he would be a league MVP one day. Very happy for him but the big one, the most important trophy is on the line tomorrow.

Pats by 400

Dont try that reverse jinx :lol:

Birds by 401

Last edited:

Pats by 400
Dont try that reverse jinx
laugh.gif
Birds by 401
New England Trumps by 501

TO wasn't even top 10 in voting...............................
Welp, there it is.

Is there a sport left where these awards have integrity?

NBA bern a joke since Kobe got snubbed by Nash.
Kobe didn't win MVP because the lakers weren't a top 4 seed in the west.

Stupid reasoning, but team success counts as well for these awards.

Same reason why westbrook won't win MVP this season if his team doesn't get in that top 4 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom