indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

@ how the Falcons didn't change a GOT DAMN thing

they should go back to the 90's unis. still hunting for a deion sanders

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,new_york_jets - just cause I am a Jets fan.

Why would you even by a gameday jersey when for 35 more, you can have a Limited/Premier jersey?????????

I think the replica is just too much. (Yes I know we are an authentic and somewhat Premier board but there are others that will see this and say no thanks.)
Is wondering if the Jets will wear the Titans jersey this year?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23
How do these symbols down the side of the pants look like feather? They dont look like feathers at all!
The point at the back of the helmet that dips down slightly is a nice touch.

I'm not really a fan of the Flywire collar, nor am I very keen on the partially-colored collar that comes with it (see: Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Bucs, Chargers, Saints, Rams, Vikings). I don't think the extra-thick red collar of the Texans looks especially appealing. Overall though I'm glad to see Nike stuck with pretty minor graphic changes on all the teams other than the Seahawks, who desperately needed new jerseys.

I'm wondering what color cleats non-Nike athletes will wear. Will Under Armour, adidas, and Reebok have to make PE team color edition cleats for all of their NFL endorsees? Obviously on a team that has black as a team color you could get away with just plain black cleats, but how will the cleats of someone like Payton Manning look? Will Reebok have to make some navy and/or orange cleats for him, or will the NFL permit white-based cleats on the field? I don't really mind either way, I'm just curious to see how it all works out.

Originally Posted by cutthroat

How do these symbols down the side of the pants look like feather? They dont look like feathers at all!
The point at the back of the helmet that dips down slightly is a nice touch.

I read that the pattern going down the pants are totem poles.

I agree that the Texans collar looks weird being as thick as it is, especially considering that they're not using flywire in it.

Cutthroat, I agree with you - those feathers look more like a whale's tail to me.  At least that's what came to mind.  I think it's a little odd that Seattle now looks SO different than every other team (with minor stuff like the graphic print in the numbers), it's hard to think there won't be some changes for other teams in the coming years.  Personally, I don't like it since I think the Seahawks jersey is
sick.gif

I'm most curious about how the elite jerseys will fit, although I'm not optimistic.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

I'm not really a fan of the Flywire collar, nor am I very keen on the partially-colored collar that comes with it (see: Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Bucs, Chargers, Saints, Rams, Vikings). I don't think the extra-thick red collar of the Texans looks especially appealing. Overall though I'm glad to see Nike stuck with pretty minor graphic changes on all the teams other than the Seahawks, who desperately needed new jerseys.

I'm wondering what color cleats non-Nike athletes will wear. Will Under Armour, adidas, and Reebok have to make PE team color edition cleats for all of their NFL endorsees? Obviously on a team that has black as a team color you could get away with just plain black cleats, but how will the cleats of someone like Payton Manning look? Will Reebok have to make some navy and/or orange cleats for him, or will the NFL permit white-based cleats on the field? I don't really mind either way, I'm just curious to see how it all works out.
I was thinking the same thing with the cleats.  I dont think players will wear those exact color-ways.  I think Nike just had to choose a color-way so they went with exact team colors.  I think we will see more solid colors and/or black or white mixed with one team color.  The color-ways of most of the cleats for this event are ugly as hell and are "too much" being exactly matching with the uniforms.

I know 2013 will bring some changes just gotta a year
frown.gif

but i dont why certain teams went with this neck collar
new-bills-uniform-2012.jpg

Just a few things that stuck out to me:

I'm a Skins fan, but for the love of God, can the Cowboys please find a way to have all the same blue on their unis? The Roads are fine, but the white and royal on the homes when every other blue looks Navy is horrible. Perfect time time change it, and they didn't.

The Panthers blue does look more vibrant... too bad the jersey design is still horrible. The Logo is on the side of the complete uniform three times (Helmet, Sleeve, Hip). Desperate need for a change.

Don't blame Nike if a team didn't choose to go along with their upgraded materials but will still charge the same price for the uniforms. Revenue sharing in the league exist for a reason, and even though certain teams will make more due to their fans buying more, Nike can't sell some items for one team for more than others.

Seahawks Unis are dope.
*Edit*

^^ Those thick collars on the side of the neck are weird for a lot of the teams, I think it somewhat works on the Texans jersey, and the Vikings... others it just looks bad and like too much is going on.

Originally Posted by cutthroat

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

I was thinking the same thing with the cleats.  I dont think players will wear those exact color-ways.  I think Nike just had to choose a color-way so they went with exact team colors.  I think we will see more solid colors and/or black or white mixed with one team color.  The color-ways of most of the cleats for this event are ugly as hell and are "too much" being exactly matching with the uniforms.
I agree, there's just too much color in those cleats. If Nike does go through with it, then I think the Browns get the raw end of the deal. Who wants to wear brown cleats? It's certainly novel, but I don't think I'd personally do it.

I made a little chart to organize teams based on degree of change. It was interesting to see that the Falcons and Panthers—two teams with jerseys that do not have very much history—declined to even update their jersey fabrication. Also, I did not track changes to number fonts and such, so this list will not be representative of those changes.

Full Elite 51 and New Jersey Design

Seahawks

Full Elite 51 and New Collar Colorblocking

Bengals

Bills

Broncos

Bucs

Cardinals*

Chargers

Rams

Ravens

Saints

Vikings

Full Elite 51

Bears

Browns

Colts

Cowboys**

Dolphins

49ers

Giants†

Jaguars

Jets

Lions

Titans

Full Elite 51 Minus Flywire Collar

Chiefs

Patriots

Steelers

Texans

No Change

Eagles

Raiders

Packers

Falcons

Panthers∆

* Same colorblocking on the collar itself, but new piping has been placed along the edges of the collar

** No change to pant fabrication

† Five-stripe pant will become theonly pant design

∆ Updated team logo

Are these socks Nike Football Performance Crews?  Or the Nike elite football versions?  The check is facing directly forward, just like the Football Performance Crew's.  I didnt see any picture from the rear yet.
If they are football elites, then we have new color-ways.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Don't blame Nike if a team didn't choose to go along with their upgraded materials but will still charge the same price for the uniforms. Revenue sharing in the league exist for a reason, and even though certain teams will make more due to their fans buying more, Nike can't sell some items for one team for more than others.
This....
There was even a pitch included which would allow Nike to sell Alternate jerseys which were not yet accepted by teams via their distributors..... however teams were concerned with Nike getting the branding of the Jersey over the team.

Personally.. I think thats poo poo when the Uniform clearly would be known as the Teams... but on the other hand Nike knows how to take over something and make it their own.

As its been stated.. give some teams some time.. .Nike VERY much wants the Pro Combat look to be implemented for Rivalry games....but again it becomes a Nike branding and not team thing.

i say throw that all out and go next level and let Nike do what they are good at.  Bringing attention to the Teams Brand

Man the disappointment I have in the Falcons, man.

This +!## breaks my balls, man.

Spending more money on the same weak, ugly !+$ +!##, man.....

We really deserved to only score 2 points, man...#+$@ this man...

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

This....
There was even a pitch included which would allow Nike to sell Alternate jerseys which were not yet accepted by teams via their distributors..... however teams were concerned with Nike getting the branding of the Jersey over the team.

Personally.. I think thats poo poo when the Uniform clearly would be known as the Teams... but on the other hand Nike knows how to take over something and make it their own.

As its been stated.. give some teams some time.. .Nike VERY much wants the Pro Combat look to be implemented for Rivalry games....but again it becomes a Nike branding and not team thing.

i say throw that all out and go next level and let Nike do what they are good at.  Bringing attention to the Teams Brand
I agree, but the NFL is probably one of the most conservative professional sports, second only to Major League Baseball.

"No Fun League".

The organizations and fans are so resistant to even the slightest changes that it will really be hard for Nike to cook like how I know they want to.

I expected teams with little to no history like the Panthers and Jags to get a full overhaul like Seattle, but I guess they decided against it.

I'm interested as hell to see how the Elite jerseys look like

$250 is reasonable, i think the reeboks went for around the same....and
laugh.gif
at adidas Rev 30's costing more
edit: what's with the hate on the new seahawks jerseys? They look illll....no wonder teams don't wanna make changes
laugh.gif

As an ATL fan, this makes me glad i pulled the trigger on the red Julio on footballfanatics when they went on sale for 120....i was prepared to buy a new nike jersey if the change was enough to justify it, but now im gonna wait for reeboks to drop a little more and pick up a couple of more at cut prices..i can only hope that reebok doesn't keep the prices jacked up on the team jerseys that didnt change anything...that would suck....

Back
Top Bottom