**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the difference between nba and nfl. they make you stand for the anthem and the last person that didnt was black balled and the rule was put in because of him.

id just chill inside if i was one of them . i dont give a damn bout no anthem as it is. the anthem isnt for me. nba has a dress code? if they do it isnt enforced anymore.

I think the players in the NBA have a much better relationship with the league when it comes to speaking out. Silver has done a pretty good job of supporting the players and the faces of the league have done a good job being the faces of the league. If I had to guess the players chose to stand for the anthem out of respect to the league because they have been allowed to express themselves freely outside of that prior.

whats the difference between nba and nfl. they make you stand for the anthem and the last person that didnt was black balled and the rule was put in because of him.

id just chill inside if i was one of them . i dont give a damn bout no anthem as it is. the anthem isnt for me. nba has a dress code? if they do it isnt enforced anymore.
Yea the NBA been had an anthem rule on the books...but i highly doubt they would implement one today if they didnt have one..they let the players speak their mind and highlight any causes they want to...NBA also doesnt seem like their catering to certain fans that have racist sentiments

The dress code was implemented by David Stern cuz he was scared of scaring away white ppl based on how the players looked...Stern was terrible and since he's been gone the dress code isnt enforced or highlighted

I think the players in the NBA have a much better relationship with the league when it comes to speaking out. Silver has done a pretty good job of supporting the players and the faces of the league have done a good job being the faces of the league. If I had to guess the players chose to stand for the anthem out of respect to the league because they have been allowed to express themselves freely outside of that prior.
i can see that somewhat but could you give me an example of nfl players not being allowed to speak out on an issue?
alot of this comes with guaranteed contracts. long as there are no guaranteed contracts in the nfl , nfl players will never have the type of freedom nba players have tho but there are still rules nba players have to follow.

Yea the NBA been had an anthem rule on the books...but i highly doubt they would implement one today if they didnt have one..they let the players speak their mind and highlight any causes they want to...NBA also doesnt seem like their catering to certain fans that have racist sentiments

The dress code was implemented by David Stern cuz he was scared of scaring away white ppl based on how the players looked...Stern was terrible and since he's been gone the dress code isnt enforced or highlighted
are we so sure about that tho. i mean we have a dress code but since stern has left it hasnt really been enforced.
when this kaep issue happened nba reminded teams nba players must stand for anthem.
im really not seeing the huge difference between nfl and nba.

can you blame them though? What choice do they have? There's less than 2000 jobs in the world with what they do. And they get paid dumb money to put their life on the line.

Doesn't make it right but what choice do they have?
Can’t enjoy the money they make if cops are allowed to kill them with impunity.

are we so sure about that tho. i mean we have a dress code but since stern has left it hasnt really been enforced.
when this kaep issue happened nba reminded teams nba players must stand for anthem.
im really not seeing the huge difference between nfl and nba.
As far as the anthem? yea its not really different cuz the NBA been had a rule before the players had the power...But now? no way in hell they make an anthem rule, its a total players league...imagine Adam Silver trying to tell Bron n em they cant express themselves in some way cuz some white ppl are mad :lol:

Regarding social issues in general and who they are catering to, the 2 leagues are night and day...The NFL is more worried about what middle america/ the south/ white ppl think...the NBA takes a more world wide approach and listens to the big cities

can you blame them though? What choice do they have? There's less than 2000 jobs in the world with what they do. And they get paid dumb money to put their life on the line.

Doesn't make it right but what choice do they have?
agreed . nfl players have very little power when owners can cut you and not have to pay you . you are correct tho.

It's funny how folks are calling NFL players biscuit boys for not throwing away millions yet the most they do their daily lives is complain on the internet about the issue.

In 2018 I don't care about symbolic protests. I love the spirit of the protests but they aren't measurably changing anything.

It's funny how folks are calling NFL players biscuit boys for not throwing away millions yet the most they do their daily lives is complain on the internet about the issue.

In 2018 I don't care about symbolic protests. I love the spirit of the protests but they aren't measurably changing anything.

Except league policy :lol:

This is what happens when men sell themselves out for the money and the fame of sports or the music industry.....the money is so important that they will dance to the OWNERS' tune! Meanwhile, the police keep shooting their brothers, nephews, neighbors, etc.....black men have the wrong goals. They are taught the wrong goals = money over everything! I would prefer if you became a barber and didn't denigrate yourself, black women or the children and elders of the community.

95211dafdc449410ee67b00531e08.gif

my issue, is with dudes like dak.. look at this simple sentence: “I’m glad they came to an agreement."

i get not going full kaep and risking your job.. but i look at what orlando scandrick said when asked about the anthem protest:

Last edited:
my issue, is with dude's like dak.. look at this simple sentence: “I’m glad they came to an agreement."

i get not going full kaep and risking your job.. but i look at what orlando scandrick said when asked about the anthem protest:

This. Dak is a full blown slave for massa. Only company man *** biscuit boy.

i know kaep put his money where his mouth was and did alot to actually help but lot of these dudes were just kneeling to kneel/ an empty gesture
. what did kneeling do that actually helped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom