2018 NBA FINALS THREAD: WARRIORS WIN 3RD TITLE IN 4 SEASONS

Who you got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel great rewatching Game 7

Can't wait to see that conference championship banner:nthat:

Cleveland-Cavaliers-Rap-Meek-Mill-22Dreams-Nightmares22-in-Lockeroom-After-Game-7-Victory.jpg

Kevin Love was setting screens for the Warriors last night. It was a thing to behold. He was so confused.

Its stressful playing with someone like Lebron. Its like that with every great player. Lakers use to stand around and Kobe watch, afraid of their own shadow at times. I didnt really feel like that with MJ and his teammates. He would go off on his teammates when needed, but his team would always be moving around so they could be prepared for MJ.

The warriors are well built and the Bulls became well built.
You could get punched in the face messing with Mike, as Bill W. and Steve K about it. But Pippen played 2nd fiddle without complaint. Kyrie wasn't about that life..

Let's continue:

Kareem
6 rings
6 MVPs
2 Finals MVPs

Magic
5 rings
3 MVPs
3 Finals MVPs

Why do people continue to say this dude is undisputed #2 and ONLY chasing MJ?
Like I said many times. Top 10. And I wont rank him because people would cry ....

What has Lebron done, that hasn't been done before. Please no made up stats.

Or the need to stop standing around on D. Or get back on D. Or stop pointing fingers on D. That would help a ton.

Starts from the Top down.

For sure. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. I get LeBron having to sometimes take plays off on defense though. The guy has basically had to shoulder the load on both ends of the floor for so many years without actually having a defensive stopper (especially since Tristan's regression after 2016) or a primary ball handler this season who can get his own shot. I think if Kyrie were still on the Cavs I think LeBron would look a lot better and less tired.

But 100%, when the team plays with effort on both ends (starting with LeBron), their shots seem to start falling. It happens at home but I think they can translate that to away games.

You could get punched in the face messing with Mike, as Bill W. and Steve K about it. But Pippen played 2nd fiddle without complaint. Kyrie wasn't about that life..
That's because Pippen clearly knew who was the better player.

For sure. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. I get LeBron having to sometimes take plays off on defense though. The guy has basically had to shoulder the load on both ends of the floor for so many years without actually having a defensive stopper (especially since Tristan's regression after 2016) or a primary ball handler this season who can get his own shot. I think if Kyrie were still on the Cavs I think LeBron would look a lot better and less tired.

But 100%, when the team plays with effort on both ends (starting with LeBron), their shots seem to start falling. It happens at home but I think they can translate that to away games.

That's the problem, Lebron has always been the primary ball handler in every team it seems. He wants the spotlight and is not willing to let someone run the show and make him that much better. People call him selfless, but I call him selfish.

Jerry is 1 and 8 in the Finals

I'm glad you mentioned that, because I'll show you just how much "finals winning percentage" matters:

Jerry West:

1 ring
1 finals MVP
14 time all-star
10 time all-NBA 1st team
2 time all-NBA 2nd team
4 time all-defensive 1st team
1 time all-defensive 2nd team
25192 career points, 5366 career rebounds, 6238 career assists
27.0 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.7 apg career averages
1-8 in the finals

John Havlicek:

8 rings
1 finals MVP
13 time all-star
4 time all-NBA 1st team
7 time all-NBA 2nd team
5 time all-defensive 1st team
3 time all-defensive 2nd team
26395 career points, 8007 career rebounds, 6114 career assists
20.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.8 apg career averages
8-8 in the finals

Yet here are their all-time rankings on various sports sites:

ESPN: Jerry West (13), John Havlicek (28.)
Fox Sports: Jerry West (14), John Havlicek (somewhere outside of 25)
Sports Illustrated: Jerry West (9), John Havlicek (22)
CBS Sports: Jerry West (13), John Havlicek (33)
Slam Online: Jerry West (16), John Havlicek (24)

That's how much of a tie-breaker finals record really is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom