2018 NBA FINALS THREAD: WARRIORS WIN 3RD TITLE IN 4 SEASONS

Who you got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruhhh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
tenor.gif

so help me out here:

Bron fans are saying that they should not have reviewed and changed the charge to a block EVEN though it was ultimately the CORRECT call

so by that logic, Bron stans want incorrect calls.

No denying it was the right call...but should it have been reviewable at all?

From what I gather regarding the replay rule, you can initiate the replay to see if a player is in the restricted area or not, and you can change a block/charge accordingly...

But you can’t initiate the replay simply to change a block/charge...

If I’m wrong I’ll rescind my statement...but from my understanding of the rule, it shoulda never made it to replay...

The LeBron jokes in the press conference so damn funny beneath all of the JR memes.

But if they look to see if his feet outside the restricted they have to see he wasnt set aka sliding

He wasn't in position

And two refs made two different calls so why wouldn't they change it or review it?

From what I gather regarding the replay rule, you can initiate the replay to see if a player is in the restricted area or not, and you can change a block/charge accordingly...

If I’m wrong I’ll rescind my statement...but from my understanding of the rule, it shoulda never made it to replay...

from nba ref twitter:
Clarity on blk/charge review: The trigger is that if in the last 2 minutes of the 4th or overtime officials have doubt whether the defender was in the restricted area. While reviewing, they may also confirm if the defender was in legal guarding position when the contact occurred.

if you look at the replay when bron moved to take the block/charge he was close to the restricted line, but eventually was a couple of feet. but the fact that when they landed, the ref didn't know where brons feet were when he took the contact. thats why they reviewed it. Once that happened, they can review if the charge was a charge or a block which in this case it was a block.

Before reviewing it, Ken Maur went to the table and said "we're looking to see if he was in the restricted area."

I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. I've never seen this much crying over a correct call. Like, ever.

Reviewing a call like they did is a slippery slope. Doing it for the first time ever in the most crucial part of a Finals series is an odd time to test that slope.

Reviewing a call like they did is a slippery slope. Doing it for the first time ever in the most crucial part of a Finals series isn't the best time to test that slope.

but its not the first time it happened though...maybe in the finals, but not since the rule was implemented.

but its not the first time it happened though...maybe in the finals, but not since the rule was implemented.

Oh really, I could be wrong. First time ive seen it.

I still dont agree that they can do that though. Over turning a blocking foul is so different than an out of bounds call or to check the clock. Why not review the calls before that in crunch time. The Cavs would have been in a better position if they got those right. And the issue is what prompted the review was whether or not LeBron was in the circle. Then they went and decided on reviewing something else.

Not only is it a slippery slope, but they are inconsistent with it then too.

Last edited:
Just watched the game again and SVG said everything that twitter ref just stated real time during the review. I even remember thinking his feet weren't set, but didn't think they'd reverse. Post game KD said a call like that came his way one time, but that is the first time I've seen a review get changed like that. If that's the case there's plenty of times plays get reviewed where there's a blatant foul that doesn't get charged. Might as well review everything in frame while reviewing main call.

Knowing for a fact that the NBA conspired to suspend draymond in 2016 helps with their finals' loss indeed. While the Cavs had the championship parade and it was JR whom was shirtless drinking henny all parade long, we all know that the Warriors were indeed the champions that year. Lebron might have the trophy on paper due to the refs/NBA, but the real champions from 2016 were the warriors. This year, in fact, is their attempt at going for a 4-peat.

am i doing this right?
how they suspend dray but not tristan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom