2019-20 New York Jets season thread. 1-4 (10/21 vs NE MNF)

If we could grab Noah Spence or Emmanuel Ogbah in the 2nd round & take an OT at #20 i'd be more than happy.

If we could grab Noah Spence or Emmanuel Ogbah in the 2nd round & take an OT at #20 i'd be more than happy.
that would be a dream scenario for me. I'm thinking Spence will be a late 1st rounder.

Last edited:
Sounds like the #Jets could be targeting a WR in the first round. Names to watch: #TCU's Josh Doctson & #ND's Will Fuller

Update on #Jets DL Mo Wilkerson: Team fielded calls, but little action. Trade viewed as unlikely. NYJ is content to have a very good player

Sounds like Myles Jack's injury is more serious that people thought.

If he fell to #20 would y'all take him? It's a risk but the value might be too much to pass on.

This is why I said that Marshall was our MVP last season

He can make use of any scrub QB playing behind center...

I don't know if Ogbah will be there at #51. Impression is he goes within the top-40 picks.

Spence WOULD NOT be a reach at #20 in terms of talent, contingent upon a defensive's staff belief that they can keep him on the straight and narrow. Football is not the issue, the kid can play. Off the field is where you worry.

I don't know if Ogbah will be there at #51. Impression is he goes within the top-40 picks.

Spence WOULD NOT be a reach at #20 in terms of talent, contingent upon a defensive's staff belief that they can keep him on the straight and narrow. Football is not the issue, the kid can play. Off the field is where you worry.
if we do get Spence, we should have Marshall mentor him. He seems like the perfect guy to guide him through.

Draft day y'all! who you want in the first?

Maccagnan can pick up extra pick(s) from Minny or Cincy by trading back. One of those teams may want to vault Houston for first dibs at WR. Whether it be Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller.

Maccagnan can pick up extra pick(s) from Minny or Cincy by trading back. One of those teams may want to vault Houston for first dibs at WR. Whether it be Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller.

I'm cool with that approach. But then who do ya suggest the Jets draft; do they target a pass rusher or O-Line first?

I'm cool with that approach. But then who do ya suggest the Jets draft; do they target a pass rusher or O-Line first?
Let's say NYJ does trade back to #23 or #24, hope Conklin falls or that Decker's there. If both are gone, consider Spence only if you wholeheartedly believe the locker room is stable enough to keep him straight. OT is the priority. Traded a 5th for Clady but he's far from a sure thing with the injury history. Even so, RT can be upgraded. With edge rushers, the class is fairly deep and there's some belief Lorenzo Mauldin's role/impact will increase in '16.

Here's another crazy option: I promise I have a plan to justify the madness. Trade back again if Tennessee is remotely interested in reentering the first round. #23 or #24 for #33 and #64 (Titans picks). Opens doors. At #33, you take Jason Spriggs, Ifedi, Spence, or Correa. If you go edge rusher top of R2, Clark is conceivably available at #51 to fill the OT need. If you go OT at #33, Correa, Nkemdiche, Bullard possible names to target with #51.

In this scenario, top-two needs addressed and extra picks secured from Minny or Cincy, plus Tennessee. For trading back twice. Instead of reaching for Spriggs at #20 if Conklin and Decker are gone.

Let's say NYJ does trade back to #23 or #24, hope Conklin falls or that Decker's there. If both are gone, consider Spence only if you wholeheartedly believe the locker room is stable enough to keep him straight. OT is the priority. Traded a 5th for Clady but he's far from a sure thing with the injury history. Even so, RT can be upgraded. With edge rushers, the class is fairly deep and there's some belief Lorenzo Mauldin's role/impact will increase in '16.

Here's another crazy option: I promise I have a plan to justify the madness. Trade back again if Tennessee is remotely interested in reentering the first round. #23 or #24 for #33 and #64 (Titans picks). Opens doors. At #33, you take Jason Spriggs, Ifedi, Spence, or Correa. If you go edge rusher top of R2, Clark is conceivably available at #51 to fill the OT need. If you go OT at #33, Correa, Nkemdiche, Bullard possible names to target with #51.

In this scenario, top-two needs addressed and extra picks secured from Minny or Cincy, plus Tennessee. For trading back twice. Instead of reaching for Spriggs at #20 if Conklin and Decker are gone.

Damn, good stuff here. In a perfect world Coklin or Decker are still there at #20 and the Jets jump on either and keep it moving. But if a team came calling to take our spot, I can totally see Mike Macc going that route. He not only understands the importance of the draft, but he's showed he knows how to. Any GM can say the draft is important, but come 9:40 when they are on the clock and they go RB instead of defense (shots fired at Giants :tongue: ) when the true needs is not that RB, you start to worry about the later rounds as well, where the importance of a good draft really shows.

From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer.

Retire or play for ~$8M seem to be his only options at this point. Hate that it happened this way but credit Macc for not overpaying an average-below average QB.

02770e8a-a279-4512-a0f8-8ca876581134_zpsuaaxeqqv.jpg

From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer.

Retire or play for ~$8M seem to be his only options at this point. Hate that it happened this way but credit Macc for not overpaying an average-below average QB.

Fitz said that?? Wow if true.

Back
Top Bottom