2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Im old, washed, and in my 40s. Can't remember if the pairs I wore in '91 had contrast heel. All this QC and heel talk by you young boys got me second guessing myself. Now this old man's gotta sift through this batch to create some good pairs to hold onto before sending the rest back... Love the energy and convo in NT that a shoe from like 28 years ago is still creating till this day!
20190221_120237.jpg

:nthat:

I’m glad the final product was chosen, I’ve seen quite a few earlier versions, and I think they got it right.
BC427B57-4B7C-4AB9-940B-FB820EDC261D.jpeg

This is the worst and to me is a regression back to the 80s

It wasn't really a regression as much as it was a small step forward. The V's were an 80's creation, and the VI prototype was barely into 1990, maybe even earlier.

Once again shows how Tinker’s designs were revolutionary and ahead of their time. Labeling the lace pocket.. people pay top dollar for those details these days. :lol:

Still haven’t even tried on my Infrareds yet, it’s been rainy since I got em. I do look em over every now and then though, nice retro. Probably a good time to see what I can get for my worn ‘14s, since there’s been more retail opportunities for ‘19s. It seems resale on Js has been back on the rise, even some of the less desired models have gone up since last year. Better to grab an extra at retail if it’s a solid retro, you can typically get your money back on em even if a better version drops.

Yea I’ve never seen or heard of anyone putting them behin the pouch. Always been a bottom lace kinda
Yea I’ve never seen or heard of anyone putting them behin the pouch. Always been a bottom lace kinda guy, but I’m experimenting with the top, just above the jumpman.
were you around back in 91 if you was then you would know what I’m talking about tinker put a card in every box to show the proper way to position the lace lock

Wasn’t the laces and the lace lock supposed to go inside the pouch?
I thought I remembered seeing or hearing that before.
Yes you right behind the jumpman unsnap pull the lock and lace the kicks and pull the jumpman over the lock and snap back to the tongue

if you like to wear you're sneakers unlaced and loose tts is the way to go. but around the toe area there little to no wiggle room. half a size up you have to tie the sneaker or else you will feel heel slippage and you have comfortable toe space. so try to tighten it up where the jump man is at on the tongue to make up for the half size to big

I’m glad the final product was chosen, I’ve seen quite a few earlier versions, and I think they got it right.

I wouldn’t have mind if these were the tinker 6 that released, or the white infrared samples

Isn’t this the reason Jordan requested that he wanted a “clean” toe? So no front mud guard / extra layer of fabric on the toe?

MJ made the right call by asking for a clean toe. The extra lines etc make the shoe look “kiddish”. Less was best (bars).

My Infrared 6 story.

I was a junior in high school probably age 16. I saw a classmate with the 3M fire red 5 and I fell in love with them. I remember staring at them to this day. He was one row over and 3 seats up.

Anyway, it was finally time for me to have a Jordan. The infrared 6 was the first one. I remember being in my bedroom one weekend and it was the first time I put these on. They were unlaced, not lace locked, but on my feet. Then it hit me, how far can I jump in these? I recall jumping sideways, to my right, and turning my ankle when I landed. In the end I was fine but I still remember that to this day. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom