2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
The Original Blk V does have the same exact shiny heel that the VI has. If you really observe photos you can see the difference in the materials used. The story is not bologna by any means.

74CC2CD8-3D17-47C9-A177-542BE4D6AE16.jpeg

The materials they used back then with the technology available at the time produced what was released. I nitpick just as much as some of you guys, however the facts have been provided for us and some of you are still in denial.

7BEAEF95-49BA-4060-A631-90D4D975CBA8.gif

I just find it hard to believe every inch of the back panel of all OG 6's were perfectly effected by the method they supposedly used. Unless the back pieces were "smoothed" out BEFORE applying it to the shoe? If that's the case & I missed it I stand corrected. How I saw it was workers or machines were applying/ connecting the back panel & at the same time this process effected the texture.

I know.... this topic has become annoying for some.

all this talk about heel contrast and all I want is for my soles not to yellow, I would pay more for the soles not to yellow.

all the sneakers I have are perfect, except for when the soles start to turn yellow

all this talk about heel contrast and all I want is for my soles not to yellow, I would pay more for the soles not to yellow.

all the sneakers I have are perfect, except for when the soles start to turn yellow

You can buy some emulsion hair cream 40% vol for yellowing soles I'm having great fun restoring my varsity 6s.

y'all are hilarious :rofl: did not realize the magnitude of the gentry hate in here.

i don't think jordan brand can go back to not putting nike air on OGs at this point, or using crappy materials on them either. I feel like, with the remastered program, OGs are safe.

Whether or not they put out weird *** colorways using unusual materials is another story...but I think there's room in this world for really good retros and wacky stuff.

Wore these all day yesterday (very comfortable and tts fits perfect) and I can't wait to wear them again next weekend :nthat:

Man, I went too hard on coppin this month. if you had to return 2 out of 3 shoes which ones would it be.... Blk/Infra, Social Status 6, or Turbo Greens... pick 2 .

Keep the infrared for the history, but honestly the SS6 ain’t as bad a some of you make out, as of right now they might currently be my favourite pickup of the year, the materials are premium too and leather lining makes the the most comfortable 6 for years!

Wore my pair today. Midsole feels like Phylon, not PU. Better long-term durability for these!
I dont believe you.

They have to use polyurethane so they will crumble and you will have to buy another pair within 10 years.

My Infrared 6s are still not worn, but the mid sole touches like Pantone 7s. Soft, I am sure they are well cushioned.
7s pantone.jpg

Pantone 7s are polyurethane. Don't expect Infrared 6s be phylon.

I wish.

Man, I went too hard on coppin this month. if you had to return 2 out of 3 shoes which ones would it be.... Blk/Infra, Social Status 6, or Turbo Greens... pick 2 .

Def return for SS6.
Overpriced for its own materials and all that.

What is that? Eel leather? Shark leather? Python leather?
The panels aren't even real animal leather!

$270 after tax for some cow fur is not going to work Nike.
Not to mention they are overproduced

Just pay $140 after tax for SS6 from outlet.

Infrared 6 holds a different position.........

Def return for SS6.
Overpriced for its own materials and all that.

What is that? Eel leather? Shark leather? Python leather?
The panels aren't even real animal leather!

$270 after tax for some cow fur is not going to work Nike.
Not to mention they are overproduced

Just pay $140 after tax for SS6 from outlet.

Infrared 6 holds a different position.........

In the UK at least the infrared and the SS6 retailed for the same price of £165 and at the same price point quality wise SS6>infrared. I don’t think they over produced the SS6 it’s just the demand is not there. As far as I’m aware the SS6 only release at a couple retailers. The infrared 6 is probably my favourite shoe of all time but I’ve also got a lot of time for the SS6, seeing them in hand and more importantly on foot made me like them. I feel the SS6 will be a slow burner and get a lot more love later on down the line.

In the UK at least the infrared and the SS6 retailed for the same price of £165 and at the same price point quality wise SS6>infrared. I don’t think they over produced the SS6 it’s just the demand is not there. As far as I’m aware the SS6 only release at a couple retailers. The infrared 6 is probably my favourite shoe of all time but I’ve also got a lot of time for the SS6, seeing them in hand and more importantly on foot made me like them. I feel the SS6 will be a slow burner and get a lot more love later on down the line.

If it was 2013 cats would've been all on them. Not a Terrible shoe but I would've liked it better if they just dropped a black 6 just like the infrared's but swapped out the red for purple and saved all the snakeskin, pony hair or whatever else they had on it.

Never flinched or considered the SS6... I would never have such a thing in my collection. Such a thirsty pair....

y'all are hilarious :rofl: did not realize the magnitude of the gentry hate in here.

Gentry took over JB and turned it into a dumpster fire. I personally didn’t purchase any Jordan’s between the years of 2007-2016. The remastered program brought me back along with knowing that he had departed. If I ever saw Gentry on fire; I wouldn’t urinate on him to put the fire out.

The Original Blk V does have the same exact shiny heel that the VI has. If you really observe photos you can see the difference in the materials used. The story is not bologna by any means.
Nope, just for the record, it was not "the exact same." Owned plenty of pairs of both OGs so I don't have to go by pictures.

Nope, just for the record, it was not "the exact same." Owned plenty of pairs of both OGs so I don't have to go by pictures.

I owned the Original as well and the black V’s & VI’s had the sheen finish. No retro released has ever recaptured the Durabuck finish.

It may not be bologna. Every OG 5 ankle part had molding done and is synthetic. Molding might require synthetics to withstand the heat. Even if Tinker didn’t design it that way, that’s the tech they had to work with.
The “accident” is the shiny effect.
Look at OG 5s, even the ankle parts for the Grapes and Fire Red are shinier than the part with the Nike Air.
0B192E6A-0BF4-4AE9-B4DE-888EAFB31F4F.jpeg

Need a NA Fire Red 5 black tongue retro ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom