2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Going back about the blueprints being lost . Nike could easily design a perfect og 6. The reason they don't?

So we keep getting our money out for the next almost og release.

@MJO23DAN

Off track of the 6s but to answer your question. Yes Nike can make a perfect replica of the 6s. This guy did an amazing job recreating his rendition of the Air ship. From a designer standpoint all it takes are a few tweaks of the materials. Dude even mention about how he did a in-motion timeine and you could spot the little tweaks they did to the Air Jordan 1. And if that's not the case, they can easily get their hands on a vintage air Jordan.
There's collectors and Super collectors of vintage Jays. How hard would it be to get there hand on an original make. Just saying...

Last edited:
^

they can but why do it? these retro’s are selling like pancakes. the 1% who are crying about shape, etc isn’t really hurting the bottom line.

alsa2009 alsa2009
While the AirShip that @MJO23DAN just received is obviously a fantastic recreation, it's not as simple it can be done just because it has been done. This Air Ship was a handmade 1 off, and the attention to detail and time allowed on this project is so far removed from a mass production retail schedule. Having massive automated machines in a Chinese factory running through cutting and sewing programs to pump out a ton of these per hour is a totally different animal than making a custom handmade shoe. In the end yeah it would be great to have almost 1:1 retros but it's just not high up on Nike's to do list. Mostly because as previously stated J's still SELL.

206B0292-32D8-48C0-AC1E-BD30AD700C13.jpeg

They have arrived , grail status

alsa2009 alsa2009
While the AirShip that @MJO23DAN just received is obviously a fantastic recreation, it's not as simple it can be done just because it has been done. This Air Ship was a handmade 1 off, and the attention to detail and time allowed on this project is so far removed from a mass production retail schedule. Having massive automated machines in a Chinese factory running through cutting and sewing programs to pump out a ton of these per hour is a totally different animal than making a custom handmade shoe. In the end yeah it would be great to have almost 1:1 retros but it's just not high up on Nike's to do list. Mostly because as previously stated J's still SELL.
Bruh, they've had PLENTY of time, 30+ years in regards to the Air Ship :lol:

They could take they're time making the individual template, which would be used as a foundation for mass production.

Look, its already been stated, they could create 99% accurate retros if they NEEDED to. THEY DON'T NEED TO AT THE MOMENT. This is their ace in the hole that they can, and should as it pertains to good business, hold onto it for a rainy day. As time passes, the Michael Jordan mystique will continue to dwindle. People that didn't see Mike will have children that will see the Jordan Era like we see the pre-Magic/Bird era. The sports media failed to elevate Lebron over Jordan, but they'll try again with someone else. Additionally, a new fad from a competitor ruining the relevance of Jordans with younger people is more likely day by day, these kids won't have any nostalgic reasons to keep buying Jordans. It's only a matter of time before they have no choice but to go 100% on retros, or stop producing them all together. We just have to try to live long enough :lol:

Bruh, they've had PLENTY of time, 30+ years in regards to the Air Ship :lol:

They could take they're time making the individual template, which would be used as a foundation for mass production.

Look, its already been stated, they could create 99% accurate retros if they NEEDED to. THEY DON'T NEED TO AT THE MOMENT. This is their ace in the hole that they can, and should as it pertains to good business, hold onto it for a rainy day. As time passes, the Michael Jordan mystique will continue to dwindle. People that didn't see Mike will have children that will see the Jordan Era like we see the pre-Magic/Bird era. The sports media failed to elevate Lebron over Jordan, but they'll try again with someone else. Additionally, a new fad from a competitor ruining the relevance of Jordans with younger people is more likely day by day, these kids won't have any nostalgic reasons to keep buying Jordans. It's only a matter of time before they have no choice but to go 100% on retros, or stop producing them all together. We just have to try to live long enough :lol:

It will be interesting to see how this evolves. While my 10 year old likes my WC4s, and says my "highlighter" Black Infrared 6s are cool, I just don't see him finding any value or reason to pay $200 for Jordans that just aren't as comfortable as newer shoes. Unless they take a liking to the style, which I question happening. I hope when he's my shoe size he'll want to wear some, and I'll give him some from my collection. But even if he has an affinity, it would likely be b/c I'm into them (and his bday is the 23rd...heh); the next generation...unlikely, unless he becomes a collector, which I hope he doesn't ;-). I'm too biased to objectively know whether these styles have any youth appeal in the long run...we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom