2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah im not mad about brees placement. I think he should be with the Big Ben, Philip Rivers area. You can tell the arm strength is going.

I'd rather put Watson where he is than Cam. ****, in the six games watson played he threw for damn near the same amount of TDs that newton threw.
Until Cam can't affect the game with his legs anymore he's going to always be higher on some list then some feel.

You took scheme into consideration when we talked about Cam and Ryan having identical turnover rates and its the same with the TD total. Cam and Wilson both have had a season or two with 30+ tds but since they both have generally been in run first schemes they typically are in the mid to lower 20s.
2017 Newton:22
2017 Watson:19
2016 Wilson: 21

Always said if the saints gave Drew an AVERAGE defense they would get back in the playoffs. They finally field a middle of the pack group and they get 11 wins :smh:

that running game was huge though, also catching the panthers and even the vikes in domes was huge in the postseason.. he still deserves to be higher, but i'm not sure exactly where given dude has to be in a dome and he starts breaking down towards the end up the season (luckily for them they have those 2 backs thou)

that running game was huge though, also catching the panthers and even the vikes in domes was huge in the postseason.. he still deserves to be higher, but i'm not sure exactly where given dude has to be in a dome and he starts breaking down towards the end up the season (luckily for them they have those 2 backs thou)
No doubt they played a role, but IMO they would've still missed the playoffs if their defense would've been ranked in the 29-32 range like its been for the last 3 years.

Always said if the saints gave Drew an AVERAGE defense they would get back in the playoffs. They finally field a middle of the pack group and they get 11 wins :smh:

Shows you the gap between Rodgers and brees. Made the playoffs anyway year after year. 8 straight wins and NFC championship birth with this. Wonder what Rodgers can do if he gets just an average defense this year.
upload_2018-8-23_9-43-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-23_9-43-37.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-23_9-43-37.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 2
I thought the same thing too when my 1 year promotion ran out, but I just called them and told them I was going to cancel and they cut my bill in half. My second year price is literally less than my first year price. The lady I talked to just told me to call each year and do the same thing and they will work something out. Yeah its a hassle to call and whatnot, but I think Directvs quality is way better than the internet steam quality.

I suck at this though. I guess it depends who you get on the other end, but they usually tell me no the first time and I'm like, "welp..we gave it it shot." :lol:

yeah sort of like Nick said as well, it's nice just turning on the tv and having EVERYTHING in one place. plus you're not delayed like you are on streaming. whenever i stream, i can always tell when something big is about to happen because my phone starts blowing up :lol:

Yeah. Couldn't watch the Vikings playoff games with my phone near me. Even still, I can't tell you how many times I'm a play behind and I see comments on NT or something before I see it happen. It's not really that big of a deal, I guess. :lol:

I have definitely fell victim to the YTTV delay vs 'real' cable. I'll get HR alerts for Yankee games on my phone before they happen on my t.v :lol: :smh: .

My game plan for the NFL season is to shut off alerts for Jets games when I'm home watching, and only leave them on if for whatever reason I'm not able to tune in live. Or just find the willpower to not be glued to my phone while watching.

That guys list seems like just his prediction and I can respect it. And I can respect Staffords spot. He’s talented enough to be capable of that.

No doubt they played a role, but IMO they would've still missed the playoffs if their defense would've been ranked in the 29-32 range like its been for the last 3 years.

didnt even realize this til kamara started talking slick.. but dudes lost their last 4 road games (rams, falcons, bucs and then vikes in the playoffs)

E59ED00B-6C5F-4DF4-A11C-DC89A1E53BB0.jpeg

Who’s man is this? Talking this foolishness.

You said that but don’t recognize matt Stafford is on the list too? FOH

Stafford is high, but newton isnt a top 10 QB. Im sorry, dudes accuracy is ****, mechanics are bad, turnover prone as hell, and barely throws for 3,000 yards each season. They dont throw the ball all that much because he only completes 58% of his passes. Sure, he runs for 500-600 yards to make up for it, but you dont see Alex Smith on that list for doing damn near the same thing the last few seasons.

At least with Stafford there is a chance he has a 5,000 yard passing season. Newton had one 4K passing season his rookie year and pretty much gotten worse each year.

That guys list seems like just his prediction

No doubt. I can see Deshaun being a top 10 guy after this season, but right now, you can't put him in something like that. Brees and Ryan need to leapfrog everyone but maybe Wentz and Stafford needs to drop a few pegs. Newton needs to drop quite a bit too.

Stafford is high, but newton isnt a top 10 QB. Im sorry, dudes accuracy is ****, mechanics are bad, turnover prone as hell, and barely throws for 3,000 yards each season. They dont throw the ball all that much because he only completes 58% of his passes. Sure, he runs for 500-600 yards to make up for it, but you dont see Alex Smith on that list for doing damn near the same thing the last few seasons.

At least with Stafford there is a chance he has a 5,000 yard passing season. Newton had one 4K passing season his rookie year and pretty much gotten worse each year.

I know Russel has good mechanics and is accurate but him and Cam basically thrown for similar yardage throughout their careers. And Wilson has a yardage number lower than Cams ever had, this is by no means a shot at Russ I'm just saying. If Russ throws for 3500 yards this season he'd have about 500 more yards than Cam over the same 7 year career.

Cams rookie year OC learned under Norv and ran two TE sets alot and the panthers coincidentally have a second legit TE with Ian Thomas. If he was gonna air it out like his rookie year it'd be this upcoming season

You can’t discount cam’s ability with his legs. You can’t take away the numbers he’s put up on the ground, that makes him so valuable.

Take cam off the panthers and they win maybe 2 games. People won’t realize his value until he’s gone or he gets a serious injury and misses time.

I know Russel has good mechanics and is accurate but him and Cam basically thrown for similar yardage throughout their careers. And Wilson has a yardage number lower than Cams ever had, this is by no means a shot at Russ I'm just saying. If Russ throws for 3500 yards this season he'd have about 500 more yards than Cam over the same 7 year career.

Cams rookie year OC learned under Norv and ran two TE sets alot and the panthers coincidentally have a second legit TE with Ian Thomas. If he was gonna air it out like his rookie year it'd be this upcoming season

My only problem with this is Wilson has pretty much gotten better every year and is a pretty consistent 4K thrower. Newton had 1 season his rookie year then has never come close.

I will say he should be a lot better this year with a real OC and quite a few receiving threats, I just havent seen much improvement out of him since he came in the league.

You can’t discount cam’s ability with his legs. You can’t take away the numbers he’s put up on the ground, that makes him so valuable.

Take cam off the panthers and they win maybe 2 games. People won’t realize his value until he’s gone or he gets a serious injury and misses time.

Im for sure not, but you dont see anyone in here arguing that Alex smith is a better QB and he puts up similar passing and rushing stats each year.

Doesn't Cam have the most rushing TD's in the league since his rookie year or something?

My prediction for 2018 season.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Matt Ryan
4. Carson Wentz
5. Russel Wilson
6. Tom Brady
7. Drew Brees
8. Cam Newton
9. Matt Stafford
10. Andrew Luck

Cam and smith’s numbers aren’t similar on the ground.

Pretty sure cam has had multiple seasons leading the panthers in rushing yards and TD’s as well

Yeah he didn’t just win, but deserved MVP for a reason.

Cam and smith’s numbers aren’t similar on the ground.

Pretty sure cam has had multiple seasons leading the panthers in rushing yards and TD’s as well

Alex Smith had 4,100 yards passing last year and 350 yards rushing. Newton had 3,300 yards passing and 750 yards rushing. Its not all that far off. 2016 newton has 350 rushing yards and 3,500 passing. Smith had 3,500 yards passing and 500 rushing yards.

Last edited:
My prediction for 2018 season.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Matt Ryan
4. Carson Wentz
5. Russel Wilson
6. Tom Brady
7. Drew Brees
8. Cam Newton
9. Matt Stafford
10. Andrew Luck

I'll allow it. Wentz may end up lower tho if he's not healthy.

I’m not trying to discount smith on the ground because he’s solid.

But he’s not cam Lol.

You have to look at the context:

Cam in 7 seasons: 4,320 yards, 54 Rush TD’s.

Smith in 13 seasons: 2,433 yards, 14 Rush TD’s.

While cam had two seasons leading the panthers in rushing yards and TD’s.

Added value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom