2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

People are so impatient these days; so quick to declare one team’s window closed or say it will never open.

Not all teams can rely on the good fortune of arguably the best player of all time deciding he wants to move to their city.

Counting out Boston seems a little silly. They made it to the ECF two out of Tatum's first three years. Lost in 7 to Bron his rookie year and 6 to a hot Miami team in his third. Him and Jaylen are only going to get better plus their core has a season together under their belt.

No one really knows what KD will look like and Kyrie is made out of glass. It's also unclear how Kyrie+KD will fit in with the exisitng pieces. The Bucks treaded water in free agency. Philly got better but if Simmons still refuses to shoot their ceiling is limited. Toronto is limited by Mild P's skills in the playoffs. I like The Heat but it might just be a case of them getting hot in The Bubble.

Just thinking about it and looking at the facts on paper, they're right there with the rest of the them in the East IMHO.
Facts

Personally I don’t buy Giannis leading his team to a finals/ring, not with that supporting cast and his half court flaws. I definitely don’t believe in Brooklyn til they show me. That leaves Boston and Miami as the 2 threats. I think Miami can run it back based on the improvements I expect from Bam, Herro, DRob, adding Avery Bradley and Precious. Only questions for Miami for me is if they’ll be hurt by their short offseason and if Dragic is recovered. But imo Boston and Miami are the 2 main threats to win the east and lose to Lebron.

I’ll say Boston/Miami 60% chance to win the East. 35% Brooklyn/Milwaukee, 5% other

The way Boston kept giving away those Miami games in the 4th was surprising but you’d think at some point in the next few years they’ll break through.

Getting a trade exception for Hayward is important. Adding another playmaker who can actually be on the court in the playoffs is critical for them.

The development of Jay and Jay are the most important things for Boston anyway . If they take another step they will be contenders

Blessings on blessings
72EF9AC1-6853-43C8-B863-E4DA38094BB9.jpeg

Facts

Personally I don’t buy Giannis leading his team to a finals/ring, not with that supporting cast and his half court flaws. I definitely don’t believe in Brooklyn til they show me. That leaves Boston and Miami as the 2 threats. I think Miami can run it back based on the improvements I expect from Bam, Herro, DRob, adding Avery Bradley and Precious. Only questions for Miami for me is if they’ll be hurt by their short offseason and if Dragic is recovered. But imo Boston and Miami are the 2 main threats to win the east and lose to Lebron.

I’ll say Boston/Miami 60% chance to win the East. 35% Brooklyn/Milwaukee, 5% other

Don't sleep on Philly.

Back
Top Bottom