2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Everyone likes DOTD's but not these? Personally I don't like either of them, but I've always thought DOTD look childish as well.

For me, DOTDs draw inspiration from a very specific art style that is most often seen around dia de los muertos. I lived in New Mexico for years, and there's something pretty powerful about the art and culture surrounding dia de los muertos, which I think the SB payed pretty perfect homage to. (I actually have a collection of a few different DOTD shoes from other brands as well, most referencing the art style of sugar skulls). I get how they could seem 'childish' but there's a lot more behind them, imho.

This new pair just feels like walking into a Spirit Halloween Superstore and buying cheap halloween decorations. I'm kind of disappointed, but my wallet is happy.

What was on this list? It say “Error” for me.
57444184-37A0-43C9-9818-44C15252094A.jpeg
0F97E748-2F1B-482A-A39F-6F2F091F022F.jpeg
6A745B7B-5C2C-4AB9-A5C2-BB967C6666DA.jpeg
B11B2D7C-AB21-4C6E-95C9-8DF1E3E13179.jpeg
900506EE-7838-4368-8E32-4F2F15751A96.jpeg
I’m in on these. They could’ve left the web off them but I still think they look good.

For me, DOTDs draw inspiration from a very specific art style that is most often seen around dia de los muertos. I lived in New Mexico for years, and there's something pretty powerful about the art and culture surrounding dia de los muertos, which I think the SB payed pretty perfect homage to. (I actually have a collection of a few different DOTD shoes from other brands as well, most referencing the art style of sugar skulls). I get how they could seem 'childish' but there's a lot more behind them, imho.

This new pair just feels like walking into a Spirit Halloween Superstore and buying cheap halloween decorations. I'm kind of disappointed, but my wallet is happy.
exactly

Welp, you said it best, my wallet is happy.
After I've been asking about these for weeks, I'm 99% sure I'm going to pass.

Everyone likes DOTD's but not these? Personally I don't like either of them, but I've always thought DOTD look childish as well.
For me, the issue is color blocking. I’ve never really been a fan of Dunk SB Lows that use the blocking of having a one color upper, with matching colors on just the toe and Swoosh and sometimes with the outsole as well. The J Pack pairs do this, but they have the white midsole to save the day IMO. The black upper and midsole, green (glow?) outsole, orange Swoosh and toe, and purple liner and embroidery all just looks super random and unbalanced. Could’ve kept the outsole, given them a white midsole (but I’d be OK with black also), and just blocked all the colors on the upper differently, and they’d be way better IMO.

something just seems off. the sole, ghost and backtabs are nice, but something is missing. feel like the basic suede kinda cheapens it for me. should have used the thick suede from the white widows.

Man, Halloweens kinda feel like a let down. IMO
y'all hyped it up too much.
something just seems off. the sole, ghost and backtabs are nice, but something is missing. feel like the basic suede kinda cheapens it for me. should have used the thick suede from the white widows.
they should've made the mid panel purple or even that slimy green. its not a bad sneaker imo. i just think ppl in here had too high of expectations for them.

no spider, def no spider web, green mid panels, brighter orange and these would have been a dope sneaker. smhhhh.

Back
Top Bottom