2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I’m with y’all. I was down to pay resell for the St. John’s, but paying over 400 is brazy. My Max was 260.
I would've copped for 250-275. Definitely not this 400. I grabbed 4 pair of Syracuse and 2 UK's for less then 220 each. Covid fd everything up.

I’m with y’all. I was down to pay resell for the St. John’s, but paying over 400 is brazy. My Max was 260.
tenor.gif

9B41D345-52AA-409A-A936-A3AB2ECBE7A8.jpeg

Just got these in on Wednesday, i broke them out for work on Thursday. I love them in person
how many times have you worn these?
who wanna trade me their chunky dunkys for a pair of travis highs?
:nerd:
man if you're deadass, u might as well sell the trav's and then buy a pair of those cd's b/c if u trade a real of trav's for a fake pair of cd's you're gonna be tight.

Nike knew they were going to hype up Dunks again for some time now. It's not a coincidence that Virgil, Migos and Kylie started wearing old dunks around the same time and then we see more SB releases being marketed by more than just skate shops. It's not a coincidence Viotechs retro again to get the regular dunk wave going. It's not a coincidence that dunks were pulled from NikeID. We were able to make these colorways on NikeID for years for like $90 but no one was touching them. Limited = Hype = Sales. It sucks that us that really want them to wear barely have a shot but that's where "the game" is in 2020.

Like I mentioned before in here, it just makes me appreciate what I have even more. I actually feel bad for those having to pay these inflated prices on GRs most of us copped at well below retail 15 years ago. I mean if you got it to spend, more power to you. But I personally I couldn't knowingly pay double retail on basic colorways and inferior materials. Hell, we were complaining about what Nike called 'leather' in '06. Cant imagine what they're using now.

Honestly I stopped letting striking out for retail bother me at this point. Every release I just hope that resell is reasonable. If it isn’t I’m out.

I own all the non-SB Dunks that recently dropped starting with the Viotechs. Only Plums were copped for retail on SNKRS & that was due to wifey actually scoring. I’ve yet to pay over $300 for Viotechs, Syracuse, Kentucky, Brazil’s or UVA’s/Champs which I just copped for $280.

Now for some hidden reason, in order to complete the set I have to pay $400 plus for St. John’s?! :rofl:

Guess I’ll be one short. I may be a lot of things but a moron I’m not.

I know we've talked a lot about dunk hype now vs dunk hype then, and some cats say it's the same. It's the same to the extent that it's all manufactured hype. But I never once remember seeing CNN, or any other news for that matter, reporting on oversold stock. Unless someone got stabbed, shot, or lit **** on fire, dunks did not make the news in 00-06. This **** is different. I don't know why and I won't pretend to. But this hype today is of the toxic variety. It doesn't even feel like sneaker culture.

I know we've talked a lot about dunk hype now vs dunk hype then, and some cats say it's the same. It's the same to the extent that it's all manufactured hype. But I never once remember seeing CNN, or any other news for that matter, reporting on oversold stock. Unless someone got stabbed, shot, or lit **** on fire, dunks did not make the news in 00-06. This **** is different. I don't know why and I won't pretend to. But this hype today is of the toxic variety. It doesn't even feel like sneaker culture.

Gonna put my tin foil hat on.
That article did seem pretty damn fishy. Almost like it was a paid article to drum up even more hype :nerd:. Something like that doesn't feel like it's worth writing about. Websites oversell stuff all the time.
And it was under the 'Investment' section of the website.

Pretty much agree but I saw those 2005 pigeon dunks make headlines.

Back
Top Bottom