2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

how many times have you worn these?

man if you're deadass, u might as well sell the trav's and then buy a pair of those cd's b/c if u trade a real of trav's for a fake pair of cd's you're gonna be tight.

this was my first time wearing these. They creased bad but not as badly as i expected.

I know we've talked a lot about dunk hype now vs dunk hype then, and some cats say it's the same. It's the same to the extent that it's all manufactured hype. But I never once remember seeing CNN, or any other news for that matter, reporting on oversold stock. Unless someone got stabbed, shot, or lit **** on fire, dunks did not make the news in 00-06. This **** is different. I don't know why and I won't pretend to. But this hype today is of the toxic variety. It doesn't even feel like sneaker culture.
"News" is an incredibly different landscape from 00-06. Incomparable IMO. Facebook, twitter, and youtube changed the news world. The more "articles" and "stories" they churn out, the more clicks and ad revenue they get. It is safe to say most of CNN's tweets now wouldn't be articles on their website 15 years ago.

Shwa3 Ma3 Shwa3 Ma3 I'm curious to know why you feel the need to complete the "set"? I don't understand sets or getting stuff for the sake of "completing" anything. They were all super separate releases. I don't consider all the am90s that came out at the same time a set, what makes these a set?

"News" is an incredibly different landscape from 00-06. Incomparable IMO. Facebook, twitter, and youtube changed the news world. The more "articles" and "stories" they churn out, the more clicks and ad revenue they get. It is safe to say most of CNN's tweets now wouldn't be articles on their website 15 years ago.

Shwa3 Ma3 Shwa3 Ma3 I'm curious to know why you feel the need to complete the "set"? I don't understand sets or getting stuff for the sake of "completing" anything. They were all super separate releases. I don't consider all the am90s that came out at the same time a set, what makes these a set?

43B0F9E3-C516-4A2F-B804-8396A772A8A4.png

This is what makes them a set.

43B0F9E3-C516-4A2F-B804-8396A772A8A4.png

This is what makes them a set.
True, my bad I should have elaborated more. OP said he copped all recent non-SB dunks including viotechs and plums. I don't know how viotechs and plums get thrown into the mix with the college-looking colors as a set, or even with each other. Viotechs and plums released a year apart back in the day.

Also are the champ colors all made in China (like viotechs) or Vietnam (like plums)?

True, my bad I should have elaborated more. OP said he copped all recent non-SB dunks including viotechs and plums. I don't know how viotechs and plums get thrown into the mix with the college-looking colors as a set, or even with each other. Viotechs and plums released a year apart back in the day.

Also are the champ colors all made in China (like viotechs) or Vietnam (like plums)?

Ohhh yea in that case you’re right. Viotech and the plums shouldn’t be included.

[/QUOTE]

When I mentioned set, I’m not just referring to the recent college themed colorways, (Brazil’s not even being a college colorway forreal) but ALL the recent non SB Dunks. The Nike Dunk has always been one of my 4 fav sneaker models Me completing the set means I want all the colorways.... the 4 college & the 3 co.jps. Praying Nike isn’t done after this cause I need the other 2 ugly duckling to retro..... especially Ceramics.

Happy 4th NTSB. 🇺🇸 I didn't rock dunks or sbs, but I took a pic of the champs dunks for the July pickup thread, and without light or flash they look like the flash sbs. It's been mentioned here already, but in person they looked like it too. Take care.
20200704_192101-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom