2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What team are the Knicks blowing up? They've won 40+ games once since 2013.
I’d rather the Knicks embrace the youth movement and be bad, and play the young guys then trade a huge package for Mitchell which will be a lateral move.

A Mitchell trade doesn’t push them past a first round exit and if that’s the case, what’s the point?

I’d rather the Knicks embrace the youth movement and be bad, and play the young guys then trade a huge package for Mitchell which will be a lateral move.

I would agree with this if they had a player that you could confidently say is a building block. Right now, they're a tier below a treadmill team. Right now, they have a collecion of young role players.

The closest thing to a building block they have is RJ Barrett and even with him, are you 100% no doubt signing him to a $25M+/year extension?

Obviously mortgaging a ton of picks is the issue here. None of the Knicks’ young guys are anything to write home about tbh. Curious to see what they give up picks and swaps wise.

Also, what faith has Leon Rose given that he can build the rest of the team out? Paid early on Randle for no reason. Signed Burks to a bad deal and had to give away a FRP to get him off the books and gave Fournier and even worse contract and couldn’t even get someone to take him off their hands.

I would agree with this if they had a player that you could confidently say is a building block. Right now, they're a tier below a treadmill team. Right now, they have a collecion of young role players.

The closest thing to a building block they have is RJ Barrett and even with him, are you 100% no doubt signing him to a $25M+/year extension?
But because you don’t have that player you try and skip the process and limit your ceiling with Donovan and Brunson? I personally just don’t get that thinking. Minus the Lakers and Heat, most title teams this century are getting their superstars through the draft.

But because you don’t have that player you try and skip the process and limit your ceiling with Donovan and Brunson? I personally just don’t get that thinking. Minus the Lakers and Heat, most title teams this century are getting their superstars through the draft.

I understand that perspective & part of me agrees.

Ultimately, it's a decision between becoming a better team by adding Mitchell at the expense of future flexibility or stay the course & hope one of the young guys or future picks is that guy.

I understand that perspective & part of me agrees.

Ultimately, it's a decision between becoming a better team by adding Mitchell at the expense of future flexibility or stay the course & hope one of the young guys or future picks is that guy.
Knicks arena gonna be full whether y’all are 10-72 or 55-37. I’d take my chances on the latter. Feel like my rule of thumb is to not let a GM nearing the hot seat mortgage the future.

RJ really hasn’t gotten better though. Nothing significant at least. Still a volume scorer that can’t really shoot like that. Not saying give up on him but he shouldn’t be untouchable
You really gonna stand & die on the hill that is Donovan Mitchell.

Ok

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL

Not just Knicks fans.

Scouts be on that same timing

There is no reason to mortgage the future two years into a rebuild,” the league source said. “They are headed in the right direction. They should stay the course and not become the Nets.”

“He’s a very good player. I don’t think he’s a No. 1 player on a championship team. At his size, I don’t think he’s going to elevate the Knicks into a championship stratosphere. They’ll probably be a sure-fire playoff team, but I don’t think they get into the upper echelon of the Eastern Conference necessarily.”

“I wouldn’t personally [include Barrett], just because I think 6-6 wings are harder to come by than 6-foot-1 scoring shooting guards,” said the scout, noting Mitchell’s defensive shortcomings. “The wing position is more valuable than the shooting-guard position. … In a year or two, I can see Barrett being an All-Star.

“He’s more all-around on both ends, but Mitchell is obviously a better offensive player, for sure.”

“In the first two years, it could benefit [the Knicks]. But it could backfire later on,” an NBA scout told The Post, speaking on condition of anonymity. “I like Mitchell, but he hasn’t gotten out of the second round, and he’s had two really, really good teams in Utah.

I didn't like Barrett as a prospect entering the NBA, but he works his *** off and is tough. I'd probably try to keep him, and to be honest I'm not sure the Jazz would him want so they can tank harder and keep their books clean.

I didn't like Barrett as a prospect entering the NBA, but he works his *** off and is tough. I'd probably try to keep him, and to be honest I'm not sure the Jazz would him want so they can tank harder and keep their books clean.
Tbh, RJ ain’t preventing them from a hard tank :lol:.Def wouldn’t want to cash him out for 100+ though.

Trading RJ for Mitchell is going backwards. dude steadily gets better every year.

damn I know yall hate the knicks but take the damn blinders off already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom