2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, everyone hates the Andrews now lol

He about to send Ayesha on her
QbadP.png

It's a shame Kendra Andrews mishandled that situation so poorly. She's from the Bay Area, she obviously grew up a Warriors fan and was given a great opportunity to cover the Warriors during the postseason.

She's new to this reporting gig and was pulling straws during her report. It's an early mistake a lot of reporters make. It'll take some time for her to rebuild that trust from the Warriors.

For the folks who are predicting the series, I'm curious to know the logic behind it

I have the Celtics winning the series in 6, maybe 7 if the Warriors either steal a road game or Celtics give one away.

• Celtics have a variety of guys, both starters and role players who are comfortable switching and guarding multiple positions
  • They're very disciplined on that end as well
  • Celtics lead the playoffs in most points scored off turnovers
  • Boston also plays very physical defensive, especially in the perimeter, which has always been an issue for Steph
  • Warriors' Achilles heel has been turning the ball over
  • I don't think there's an answer for Jayson Tatum. He's going to be a handful, especially if Draymond ends up guarding him
  • Jordan Poole is an offensive threat, but I'm not sure if this moment may be too big for him.

For the folks who are predicting the series, I'm curious to know the logic behind it

I have the Celtics winning the series in 6, maybe 7 if the Warriors either steal a road game or Celtics give one away.

• Celtics have a variety of guys, both starters and role players who are comfortable switching and guarding multiple positions
  • They're very disciplined on that end as well
  • Celtics lead the playoffs in most points scored off turnovers
  • Boston also plays very physical defensive, especially in the perimeter, which has always been an issue for Steph
  • Warriors' Achilles heel has been turning the ball over
  • I don't think there's an answer for Jayson Tatum. He's going to be a handful, especially if Draymond ends up guarding him
  • Jordan Poole is an offensive threat, but I'm not sure if this moment may be too big for him.

They just played the Mavs who switch everything. The Celtics are just as prone to turning the ball over. Tatum is nice but they just dealt with Luka. All you can do with these wings is make it difficult. Physicality is what it is but Steph is all timer. They won’t let the Celtics defend the warriors like they did Giannis. Look at what butler did. Not worried about Poole, you can win with him being your 4th leading scorer some nights

They just played the Mavs who switch everything. The Celtics are just as prone to turning the ball over. Tatum is nice but they just dealt with Luka. All you can do with these wings is make it difficult. Physicality is what it is but Steph is all timer. They won’t let the Celtics defend the warriors like they did Giannis. Look at what butler did. Not worried about Poole, you can win with him being your 4th leading scorer some nights

All very good points, but if the refs allow the Celtics to play physical defense, the same way they allowed them to play in the ECF, I think the Warriors are in some trouble.

Yes, the Warriors did just go through Luka, but the Mavs were VERY limited with offensive options. The Celtics do not have that issue. They have Jaylen Brown, Smart, Horford, and Willaims who can all give you 15+ points regularly.

Both teams are VERY capable of winning this series, but the defensive intensity and the Warriors' carelessness with the ball may be the difference.

Last edited:
All very good points, but if the refs allow the Celtics to play physical defense, the same way they allowed them to play in the ECF, I think the Warriors are in some trouble.

Yes, the Warriors did just go through Luka, but the Mavs were VERY limited with offensive option. The Celtics do not have that issue. They have Jaylen Brown, Smart, Horford, and Willaims who can all give you 15+ points regularly.

Yeah the others guys not being limited will present a challenge for sure. But the grizzlies didn’t play 3/d guys minus Zaire.

Not worried about physicality. This is 6 finals for the dubs. They’ve seen it all. It should be a good series though.

Lol this thread has been for years (!!) always talked about dray possibly guarding the ops star wing but has that ever happened? Why do people always bring that up like that has a good chance of happening?

Kind of like how everyone says it with Kawhi, but he hasnt guarded the best player on the other team since before the 2016 Thunder playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom