2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Are most teams cheating in some capacity? Probably.

Are most teams giving the next pitch to their hitters in real time? :lol:

I agree. The advantage is night/day.

But cheating is cheating. If you're not following the rules, you're a cheater and deserve that *.

Nah man.

Nothing can top what the Red Sox and Astros were doing unless a team comes out and says they were bribing umps.

No argument here.

getback getback had not heard of that claim until today, how many times do I need to say that lol?

As a Twins fan, it’s just funny watching this argument from the sidelines

Old college roommate is in angels org, have another friend on big league club in LA, other best friend is with brewers and another a MiLB assistant. The common consensus between all of them=no baseball in 2020. The two sides are so extremely far apart it would take a miracle for them to play more than 35 games at this rate.

thanks manfred.

This sucks - what are they doing for income?

Yes it happened. I really don’t think anyone is denying that. But again, steroids was a league-wide issue. Please stop painting it as if it’s just them and they were the only ones busted by it.

the whole league, MLB itself let all that go, happen, and profit off of it.

Yes it happened. I really don’t think anyone is denying that. But again, steroids was a league-wide issue. Please stop painting it as if it’s just them and they were the only ones busted by it.

the whole league, MLB itself let all that go, happen, and profit off of it.

Never did I say it was just the Yankees.

They just happened to have the most offenders, big names, during a dynasty and beyond. So naturally they attracted more of the attention.

Nowhere are you not saying that until it’s brought up.

Huh?

Read my first post again.

"Everyone cheats, just not as much as __________"

Just like the Astros and Red Sox did the sign stealing more, the Yankees did the BALCO thing more.

Don't be offended because it was your team. Look at it from an outsider's perspective. Just like I'd be upset as Dodger or Yankees fan at the Sox/Stros. I was upset at the Yankees as a Sox fan when they were beating up on us in the mid-late 90's and early 2000's when I found out.

Last edited:
Lol league-wide but it’s still “just not as...”

BALCO was much more a Bonds thing than a yankees thing. If you haven’t read Game of Shadows give it a read. It’s pretty good.

Lol league-wide but it’s still “just not as...”

BALCO was much more a Bonds thing than a yankees thing. If you haven’t read Game of Shadows give it a read. It’s pretty good.

Bonds was one player though. The Yankees were fielding damn near an entire line up, pitchers and key players included. And they were beating the Red Sox in the 90's-early-2000's, playoffs included. So I have a right to have a beef. As do probably Braves, Indians and other fans.

If you had to give Steroids one face it was Bonds. If you had to assign a TEAM? Yankees.

I'll add the book to my queue.

Friend that works for a Texas team said they had an impromptu staff meeting saying they had to be available to work July 25th for opening day. Means it’s probably going to be a 55ish game season I would guess.

Bonds was one player though. The Yankees were fielding damn near an entire line up, pitchers and key players included. And they were beating the Red Sox in the 90's-early-2000's, playoffs included. So I have a right to have a beef. As do probably Braves, Indians and other fans.

If you had to give Steroids one face it was Bonds. If you had to assign a TEAM? Yankees.

I'll add the book to my queue.

I can respect and I hear you completely. But you’re looking at names that were released verse names that weren’t released at this point. There were just as many guys on the Red Sox and any other team that were using. The playing field was much more equal then it’s being made out to be.

Back
Top Bottom